You nostalgia, you lose

you nostalgia, you lose

Attached: 637045_windows-95.jpg (1680x1050, 936K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G-4hBxOMl34
corelan.be/index.php/2009/09/21/exploit-writing-tutorial-part-6-bypassing-stack-cookies-safeseh-hw-dep-and-aslr/
youtube.com/watch?v=iTuuZnhaj8Y&feature=youtu.be&t=171
windows93.net/
youtu.be/GuytViFsZUw
youtube.com/watch?v=O5CozwNryAM
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ul-f3hPJQM
youtube.com/watch?v=ewAbxtDCZlU
youtube.com/watch?v=S0gJZMx79pA
youtube.com/watch?v=U6NKouWa_o0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Kare
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: w93zvvj8q7211.png (597x434, 31K)

Attached: images.png (350x282, 3K)

you got me good with this one
it's been so long

Attached: 1523453070402.jpg (768x1091, 248K)

I remember when my chocolate ice-cream didn't have to share my attention with a tacky phone screen.

2019 > shafted and neglected ice-cream

cruel world!!

Attached: Capture.png (1280x1024, 1.55M)

Trump card

Attached: serveimage (33).jpg (3840x2160, 695K)

Remember when the desktop was the only way to 'pin' icons, and there was no Quick Launch bullshit?
>Trump card
Luna / XP was ugly as shit and if you're nostalgic for it you're a zoomer.

Attached: images (2).png (322x952, 44K)

Robot master race here.

Attached: front1.jpg (811x1600, 227K)

>2 base
>8 unlockable $1.99 ea
>1 unlockable by purchasing a higher edition of Solitaire
>1 unlocked if you use enterprise grade windows functions such as join a domain, set up a group politics etc.

Attached: Windows_8.1_Start_screen_1.png (724x407, 156K)

Agreed. Honestly I'm starting to warm up to windows classic. Pretty comfy looking.

>Dude, let's print some girl on our cooler shroud where nobody will be able to see it to attract incels to our product
I miss the stupidity of 2000s computer products desu

This

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Attached: A3CONFIG_main.png (640x400, 4K)

Hey...

LISTEN!

Attached: heyLISTEN.jpg (480x358, 21K)

Included MB capacity cards that were used maybe once before upgrading.

Attached: ms128.jpg (500x500, 42K)

lost, fuck you

also desktop shotties from when i installed xp last year

Attached: scrotum.png (2732x1536, 1.35M)

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-11-11-at-00.21.43.png (1386x904, 334K)

Attached: castle of the winds.png (800x600, 30K)

Attached: abc.jpg (1366x768, 227K)

Not as classic but the early digitalblasphemy papes I would see a quite a few of on stained CRTs at LAN parties.

Awkward when a couple would have the same pape.

Attached: wallpaper-80.jpg (1680x1050, 192K)

Sparks energy drinks and cigarette smoke everywhere.

Attached: imbeq9anmpv8a6lcdgea.jpg (800x600, 71K)

Attached: tgot.jpg (545x467, 72K)

Attached: MerrySinfulBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif (327x251, 2.39M)

why the fuck does this sort of do it for me?

Attached: directx.jpg (639x480, 15K)

No. The ALS100 is by far the worst sound card ever produced.

>reddit filename
gas yourself tonight

by far epic's best roguelike

Attached: images.jpg (659x465, 63K)

Attached: 5334605871_67d664db51.jpg (500x319, 203K)

Fuck were those simpler times in my life
You even have my shitty teenage music and infowars music
Most say nostalgia is just that, but to return to those years, who knows what I'd give

Attached: netscape-navigator.jpg (206x312, 55K)

Attached: 2482212756_20e1172c0e.jpg (448x320, 56K)

he obviously just googled it, princess. settle down.

That particular visualization

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

beach master race

It had lasers, man. LASERS

Attached: m20.jpg (1000x643, 79K)

Attached: froggy.png (804x566, 27K)

Yes! That is the deck I always played with, too.

you seem to know a lot about reddit, are you sure your not a rebbitor

Attached: downloadfile-34.png (1366x768, 373K)

Lost

I have to wonder what the reaction would be if one day the person that originally made this picture as a kid found out people have it now.

lost hard

Goddamn it, already lost.

>right in the feels

They were animated right? I remember the bats moving or the arm getting a card from the sleeve

What the fuck was in "My Briefcase" lmao? xD

Attached: sleep.png (1024x768, 756K)

Fuck. I can't remember. I played that shitty game inbetween stints of Captain Claw and Jurassic War and other obscure pirated games no one would remember unless they had a PC in '90s Yurop.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1500x1500, 294K)

We're going home, bros

Attached: 1551675324296.png (508x585, 108K)

youtu.be/G-4hBxOMl34
Combo

Attached: hope.png (1280x1024, 156K)

Just looked on youtube and they were, at least in 98

Attached: 656768678.png (1034x704, 545K)

Nah; there's no going home.
But home was a shitty place anyway; nostalgia is a fap over highs and lows, distilled from the 90% of boredom that would feel even worse given today's technology and neurodevelopment.

Attached: sepiamyshitupfam.jpg (381x418, 56K)

Attached: 1552150609605.png (1596x958, 500K)

And after 3 days you realize that you know the world already inside out and that you nostalgia faggotry won't give back the time when you explored wow for the first time in 2005.
Then you realize that you actually paid for retail.
Then /xivg/ will laugh at you.
Then you go back to shoplifting.

>/xivg/
Fucking lel

I never understood that one. It's too small to center and does not tile well.

>not the animated fractal textures

This is nostalgia thread, not REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thread.

Attached: 1ign80.jpg (1024x744, 158K)

>Madona......let me smell it

>today's technology and neurodevelopment
Imagine being in 2009, not having ASLR in your major operating systems
corelan.be/index.php/2009/09/21/exploit-writing-tutorial-part-6-bypassing-stack-cookies-safeseh-hw-dep-and-aslr/

Only through the child-like naïveté of not having discovered Eris (which is larger than Pluto) or the Higgs boson or Bitcoin or Twitter or malaria-resistant mosquitos yet could we weave such fanciful MMORPG experiences.

Attached: bufferoverflow.png (328x259, 3K)

Imagine listening to this
youtube.com/watch?v=iTuuZnhaj8Y&feature=youtu.be&t=171
and considering gay marriage and weed edgy af

windows93.net/

I think this was the first RPG I ever really got into. I had the shareware version and couldnt get to the 2nd zone, but kid me had no problem just playing the same shit over and over

Playing this in your air conditioned house during a long ago summer

I was about to post cartographer.
Blizzard is going to release vanilla this summer tho

I played pic related for years with the shitty Confederate campaign and the one multiplayer map and the amazing music seared into my brain youtu.be/GuytViFsZUw

Attached: scsw.jpg (630x800, 125K)

Imagine wearing this

Attached: affliction-mens-dickens-t-shirt-black-lava-wash-p1239-2694_zoom.jpg (1000x1000, 150K)

Rofl, fucking Excision, it's been a long time I haven't heard anything from him.
Thos dubstep was still far from coming into existence when I was lost into the planes of Azeroth fren

I nostalgia'd

OHH THIS ONE GOT ME. FUCK

Reminds me of being in 6th grade and listening to MP3s from limewire...

Holy shit hitler, you just reminded me
>about 2005
>be elementary schooler
>mom gets new computer
>take old desktop to the back of the property and use it for target practice with my Ruger 10/22
>picking up pieces afterword
>find cooler shroud with big titted girl printed on it
>genuine sadness sweeps over me
>murdered my gpufu before I even got to meet her
>mfw

Attached: 1544887988732.jpg (600x600, 53K)

For me it was half music my mom had on the PC youtube.com/watch?v=O5CozwNryAM
half the Eminem CD I found on the ground one day
Blasting that shit while playing RuneScape ¦3

>time to clean mouse
>play with ball

Attached: %s.png (300x225, 102K)

If Bluray blanks were cheaper, people would still do this.

oh god I hated these mice... thats one thing I dont miss

Windows has had a quick launch area in the taskbar since 98 or 95 no?

>Wanting to watch a movie so bad you go grab a fucking thing over there to pick a particular thing out of it and then open up your optical drive, place the thing in the tray, wait for it to spool up, then open up SanyBluRayPlayer2017PRODELUXX and wait for the FBI warnings to finish so you can get to your menu and
Why not just a big hard drive and DRMless digital media you boomer Ice America-ass media consumption model cro-magnon

Attached: anime vomit.jpg (650x650, 90K)

Why not two big hard drives utilizing a next-gen file system from 2007 that self-heals bit rot and that we still don't use because we're lazy inertia-riding fucking retards

Attached: btrfs.png (1639x1045, 27K)

ZFS >

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ul-f3hPJQM

youtube.com/watch?v=ewAbxtDCZlU

Attached: iu.jpg (638x373, 70K)

youtube.com/watch?v=S0gJZMx79pA

Btrfs is newer, faster, has more features, doesn't carry the hangover design of Solaris engineering traumas of the time of ZFS's development, is GPL, and is Linux native. ZFS was meant for an OS that nobody remembers and is most widely used today on an OS with no drivers that almost nobody will remember soon.

Attached: dead cacodemon.png (75x49, 4K)

I was wondering when the fuck that actually going to happen. Thanks, user because too lazy to look it up. Fuck, I miss first playing Vanilla. So much fucking nostalgia from those starting zones. Never will my world feel so magical as I trot down the path through Mulgore towards Thunderbluff holding a little wooden cane with a gnarled end and sling a green cast at a nearby bird bastard that aggro'd from off the path. I've played Vanilla private servers, and it felt magical for a day before the private server's facade wore off, but I'm hoping that with official servers run by Blizzard with a huge influx of players, that I feel some glint of nostalgia that lasts for at least a month or two. That feeling will be worth whatever I pay in that time. A 1-2 month long fucking orgasm of happiness. Salivating over it right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=U6NKouWa_o0

Attached: stress_reducer_desktop_destroyer.gif (240x200, 11K)

i remember my cousin and I found this site by just typing in random URLs. Didn't think it was popular at all

Playing Nostralius reminded me how boring it actually was, which I totally forgot because that's not what your dumb brain remembers. I remember at one point, grinding in Thousand Needles back in the day, I actually bought Tenacious D's eponymous album on iTunes on a whim, hoping it would help me cope with the tedium. It did. I discovered an amazing album. But that was at my wits' end. In general, I was okay with being bored because I had nothing going on and my IQ was way lower. Nowadays, my entertainment bar is set so much higher and is clipping into an entirely different dimension. I'm used to exercising all of the autism centers of my brain in complex games like pic related WITH local media or absurdist communist podcasts in the background AND atmospheric music at 20% volume from playlists I made specifically for the æsthetic at hand, both those media layers being independently controlled with DE keybinds + xdotool window name string-specific control piping.

Grinding and doing dinky quests feels like such a low IQ activity now and the novelty of online interaction is so eroded that there's so little reason, besides mindless nostalgia, to do it. Plus, booting back into Windows after so long is stomach-turning.

Attached: yyyy.png (1920x1080, 3.74M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Kare
The designer.

>temple of love
Based and gothpilled

>Faygo
>University of Michigan hat
I can guess where this took place.

Clearly, you are euphoric. Jokes aside, I was like you at one point, taking it to the level of what I call over-stimulation, but after a bit I began to realize that by doing all of those things at once, I was not appreciating the simple beauty of any of them. You are right that WoW classic will feel very dull after an era of increasing stimulation, but I do think that Blizzard knows this,and they will somehow keep players interested, at least in the beginning. Again, I'm talking about 1-2 months of enjoyment here which is a pretty good amount for me now a days.

>EU4
>complex

Minigolf was objectively the best game