It’s finally time to abandon my old macbook and switch to a windows PC. What windows laptops have the best trackpads...

It’s finally time to abandon my old macbook and switch to a windows PC. What windows laptops have the best trackpads, for someone who’s used to a large trackpad with multitouch gestures?

Attached: new_mbp_trackpad_1200.jpg (1200x709, 273K)

damn dude, when you said PC I thought you meant an actual computer desktop.

all this mobile shit is just junk that doesn't biodegrade and cooks your nuts into sterility.

we people here at Jow Forums use the red nipple in the middle of the keyboard on thinkpads, please go somewhere else.

I need portability because I spend long hours on trains and need to take advantage of that time to be productive

should you be productive when ur at work bro? lol

oh well, I guess sperm productivity is nothing compared to missing the view ;)

There are none. Notice how PCfags are always carting around a mouse? Get another MacBook.

you're implying you have sex lmaoooo

but the new ones are shit, I don't want a dumb touchbar and no useful ports without attachments

>Notice how PCfags are always carting around a mouse?
they know that a real mouse, even a small crappy one, is inherently superior to any trackpad

You can get a PC laptop with a touchscreen though. Like an HP x360 or whatever they are called, it even can be turned into a tablet by turning the screen 360°. If mobility and ease of use on a train is your goal I would consider something like that. Or some dell ultrabook.

>Or some dell ultrabook
This.

XPS or Precision line. Best PC laptops out there.

*to any PC trackpad

For me it's panasonic circular touchpad.

What I really hate are touchpads with no buttons where whole pad is clicky.

Have touchscreen/digitizer combo on mine and I never ever use it.

Attached: Panasonic50AX802SmartRemote-2.jpg (378x600, 216K)

No, to any trackpad. Including Mac trackpads.

A Mac trackpad is like getting the biggest, fanciest burger at a fast food place. Sure, it's the absolute best grade of that particular type of garbage you can get, but its still garbage.

Anything in recent years.

Attached: 1544520135865.png (1117x951, 664K)

Oh, i'm in a similar boat. My 13" MBA is a bit long in the tooth and i can do with something with more oomph. Not completely sure what to go for or what kind of budget, ideally under a grand, but there's some real tempting laptops juuust under that.

Learn how to use keyboard shortcuts. They're infinitely superior to gesture trash that applel implemented for functionality that they hide from the GUI.

Attached: 1526105999490.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

I hate my "precision touchpad" and unlike marginally working crap in the past one can't tweak them to be good/acceptable.

I like most things i hear about about the XPS, but the reports about coil whine are immensely off-putting. I see frequent claims that it's often the loudest thing in a room!?

hahahaha no i'm implying laptop users wont be able to have kids...

OMG POPULATION CONTROL VIA DEVICES - PUT IT NEAR YOUR NUTS ALL DAY

bye bye Baby.

Funny how the ThinkPad cult isn’t here yet.

Attached: 65AD98A9-76C2-492C-BA62-9B48B0031BEC.png (645x773, 11K)

Funny how you shit in the street.

Attached: 1550790455414.jpg (4208x2684, 369K)

I use a Precision (7510) myself, but I know a bunch of folks with the XPS and I've never noticed any real coil whine.

Maybe it's just overly vocal people.

Dell XPS 13, probably as good as it gets outside of Apple's touchpad.

Attached: iu.jpg (1600x900, 172K)

Install Gentoo

No buttons.

Doesn't matter what you get. None of the Mac gestures transfer over to Windows. You're going to suffer.

Are external GPUs useful? Are they more cost effective than buying a high end laptop with equivalent specs?

>his laptop overheats
Haha what a fag.

/thread
Once you wean yourself off apple's toddlerOS you'll find clicking a button, scrolling a wheel or using kb shortcuts is infinitely superior to gesture shit.

Attached: 1530819475562.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I've been using an XPS 15 9560 for a year now, no coil whine. I didn't know it was a common issue.

why would anyone want to use a trackpad lol

love mine, tempted to install antergos on it but unsure

>and cooks your nuts into sterility.
>What is Power Limit Throttling or STAPM Limits

How does the XPS 15 2-in-1 compare to a surface book? It's around $1000 more expensive, is that worth it? I want a touch screen to do drawing

ironically OSX is full of keyboard shortcuts

What's the windows equivalent of cmd-H to hide a window?

minimize

Better more configurable shortcuts too.

It's not really though is it? The window will still be sat in the task bar, on macOS the window is completely hidden.

surface laptop 2
lg gram

>on macOS the window is completely hidden.
That's fucking retarded.

>Doesn't understand why a feature exists
>Is angry
To answer the question you didn't ask, sometimes you want to hide one or more windows while you're doing another task and not have them take up any space. It's hardly a fundamental feature of window management of macOS though.

>The window will still be sat in the task bar
that's pretty negligible. When you have a hidden window on a mac, the app icon still appears in the dock.

It's called workspaces retard.

No, using workspaces to solve this is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

None. The Macbook trackpad is unbeatable. It's one the things apple does right.

>mfw fucking gaming laptops have better specs design (once you turn the leds off) and $ per watt/perf than slimlitefagbooks and office donks
The Fuck? Idk op look at a used ast gen Asus one with unibody aluminium construction

The ThinkPad T450 has an actually decent trackpad

>What windows laptops have the best trackpads, for someone who’s used to a large trackpad with multitouch gestures?
My old midrange hp's trackpad is equivalent to the air's trackpad I had. You just need to adjust by feel because the initial settings aren't as nice as they are on macs, they are actually crap. You'll have to set up most gestures because only a few are preconfigured, both the pad and screen are 10 point so I think its been this way for awhile. Put both machines side by side, then its easy, its what I did.
As for a current model idk, no bargain basement or gamer style laptops, you want mid range to business class. And you need to debloat because they come with lots of extra programs, some useful but others just bloat. Search for it, don't worry about doing it all at once.

Just install Windows on it and use it alongside Mac OS. It's not rocket science.

Retard, this isn't late 2000s/early 2010s anymore, laptops barely heat up.

Under GNU/Linux/Xorg any touchpad is awesome, but under Windows it depends on drivers really badly.

there are more keyboard shortcuts in macOS than in Windows you fucking retards

Imagine having to lie to justify spending $3000 on a single core Facebook machine

Yes it's in the task bar which is hidden if you choose it to be

your point?