I forgot the full disk encryption password. I was using password management software

I forgot the full disk encryption password. I was using password management software.
All this paranoia didn't save my data, but kill it.
Was it worth it?

Attached: 1537931965784.png (576x590, 337K)

Why didn't you have a backup of the database
Why didn't you have fde pass in your password database or otherwise in somewhere safe
You killed your data by being an idiot

It is not like anything of value was lost.

>I forgot...
How does it feel to be a sub-105 IQ mongoloid?

That sucks. I hope you learned to remember your passwords and back up your data. This was a valuable learning experience, not a result of your retardation, hon.

Attached: thinkabout it.jpg (622x343, 13K)

Dude, every good guide includes a part about making BACKUPS.
Holy Fuck, you really don‘t have a backup of your passwords? Really?

Boomer Tech could have prevented this

Attached: password safe.png (1053x500, 264K)

>forgot the password to the password safe

>Forgot where you put the password safe

>backup of the database
I was planning to get one
>why didn't you have FDE pass in password database
It was the main password
>You killed your data by being an idiot
Yes, it's all my fault. Doesn't make it feel better.
Possibly. The computer was in storage and I never had to use them, so no great loss. But I still feel great anxiety over the loss.
Right now, I don't feel like having any data at all. But yes, I most definitely should do that.

>It was the main password
I meant, you could've stored the FDE password in your password database and if you had copies of that, once you forgot the password you could've checked what it was. At least you should've written it down somewhere.
>Yes, it's all my fault. Doesn't make it feel better.
It seems like you were blaming the practise of having a password db and using FDE. But yeah, it sucks that you lost your passwords and your data.

I can help you.

>Mother throws out the ancient calculator

No, I'd have forgotten the password for the key database too if it was the main password. No point in doing that.
If I'd have written it down, someone could have found it.
I'll try to do some bruteforcing since I have vague memories, but what I did so far failed.
Man, this sucks. I feel a constant sense of anxiety, even though I can't do anything about it. How do I get rid of it?

>No, I'd have forgotten the password for the key database too if it was the main password.
What? So you don't trust yourself at all with passwords? You forgot your FDE password and when I suggest storing that passwors in your password database you tell me you would've forgotten that too. Do you have memory problems?
>If I'd have written it down, someone could have found it.
Yes, it's a risk. So is not writing it down and hoping you don't forget it. Was that risk worth it? Some risks you just have to take.

No, my full disk encryption password was the same as the master key for my password database. I'd have a database, and to open it I would need a password that was inside of the database.

Also
>Yes, it's a risk. So is not writing it down and hoping you don't forget it. Was that risk worth it? Some risks you just have to take.
No, it wasn't. It was a risk I didn't factor in, because I didn't ever think it could happen.

this is why you always write the password down on a sticky note and put it on the monitor
is not digital do it can't be hacked

I FORGOT MY PASSWORD, AND THE ENCRYPTION SYSTEM IS AT FAULT!
Go away you room-temperature-IQ mongoloid. Why didn't you keep parts of it written down in different places? Or a backup at a friend's house? You people disgust me. I hope your only copy of your child's funeral photos were in there.

Make your body remember it.
Do what you usually do before entering your password and your body will type it on its own. Try a few times.

>password managing software

You're not only a moron, but a faggy moron that can't even remember his own passwords. You deserve this.

Write the password down in ROT10+ encryption, with the ROT(x) = some 10 dimensional differential equation in the presence of non-zero free-form flux.