Staying Fit and Computers

How do you guys balance using a computer as your main job/hobby and staying fit?

Attached: huge.16.84427.jpg (450x413, 15K)

Just go jogging for an hour in the morning to wake up and be ready for work. Thats pretty much it.

It's easy as fuck, I don't spend more than 6 hours a week at the gym.

Attached: Screenshot_20190308-173936_Chrome.jpg (1080x2050, 407K)

I hit the gym three times a week

>balance
I'm more of a min/maxer

I lift rackmount servers

I am the rare (presumably) athletic programmer. Coding during the day. Draining three-pointers at night.

I try to eat better more than I focus on working out all the time

Just pin it
Natural lifting is a meme

Have flexible hours so just hit the gym at work twice a week before work around 8 when it’s mostly empty. Run 10 or so miles a week when it’s consistently above 35ish F in the mornings on days I don’t lift. I find I’m a lot more likely to workout if I do it in the mornings. And also don’t eat shit.

I shoot for gym 3 days a week (45 minutes to an hour, depending on how fast I work) and running 3 days, one day off. Currently at 24 miles a week since I'm a retard and get depressed every other month and fuck it all up.

You really, truly don't need to spend that much time working out and exercising to stay in good shape. Significantly less than the average person spends on Netflix. Besides that, diet is 85% of your health.

Playing games to stay in shape is for females and children. Real men do actual resistance training and cardio (that means running, outside, in the real world).

That was a lie, basketball just sucks dick. Volleyball is objectively better

real men do karate

You didn't hear it from me but
>I'm actually a pussy and even though martial arts/BJJ looks fun, I'm too scared of getting hurt

Attached: 1526873858911.jpg (788x524, 133K)

I'm in the military (Air Force). Physical training sessions take up two hours of my 10 hour workday and I'm getting paid to stay Jow Forums and educated/trained in computers/networks/technology (unlike college, where you have to pay to get education in America). Honestly the best decision I've ever made

Attached: 1508091195813.jpg (590x700, 147K)

PHUL comes out to about 6 hours a week. Do pushups everyday too.

>tried this shit, didn't work out for me
It really fucks with my brain.
Can't think for more than two minutes, instant urge to jerk off or sleep, constantly angry with myself except during gym hours.

On top of exercising and eating healthy just doing small things like walking instead of driving if it’s within a mile or so and taking the stairs if it’s less than 3ish floors. And drinking plenty of water which also gets you up a couple times throughout the work day to pee.

Not that hard rly. Work 10h a day, commute 1.5h total, leaves 4.5h on weekdays. Texas Method 3x/week, bike hard 3x/week, eat healthy.

based, as soon as i graduate from HS(IM NOT UNDERAGE, MODS) im going to do cybersecurity in military
1560 SAT, currently dual enrolling and have 26 credits(some of which are honors)

Kokoro?

Cool, my background is cybersecurity. Got a CompTIA Security+ certification and a top secret security clearance, both freely given in the military (although I had to study my ass off for the comptia certification). It wasnt self study either, I went through months of tech school for cybersecurity the certification was a bit easier to get. And I was getting paid to get education/training (again, college is a huge meme). Fuck paying off loans and debt when I can get education for free lmao. My older bro is 27 and hes still struggling to pay off his college debt meme shit

Attached: yayKeyboard.gif (480x270, 502K)

>Got a CompTIA Security+ certification
Is that actually worth doing? I considered doing that and the Network+ cert, but I thought they don't carry much weight

I know a guy who's getting out of the military soon with just this certification. He got an offer of $85k a year. He tried testing for CISSP to bump that to $115k a year but he unfortunately didnt pass the exam. Still good money though! And lots of government/military positions require that certification. You dont even have to be enlisted in the military to be eligible to apply to these sorts of jobs. Look up "DoDD 8570.01 Information Assurance"

Don't eat like a pig, avoid soda and beer, avoid takeout, avoid convenience foods like boxed meals and frozen dinners, have at least one physical hobby you engage with for at least ~3 hours a week. Like, if you need babby training wheels learn to cook with a paid service like Blue Apron. Force yourself to learn how to cook your own meals. Stop buying take out. Stop paying for fast food. If you can just clean up your diet you're going to do adequately.

That and making sure your commute isn't nuts. You should never have to spend more than an hour a day driving to and from work.

You'll probably learn something even if you don't take the certification test just by prepping for it. Security+ carries weight, but unless you're working in the public sector or a smattering of private companies (for every 10 companies that don't care I see at least one that has an expectation to have those kinds of certs) it doesn't really matter.

I have zero physical activity. I would go to the gym but no money and hate being around people