So I've been building a PC (3k build) and have been waiting for all my parts to come in...

So I've been building a PC (3k build) and have been waiting for all my parts to come in. I had my mobo and case as well as fans.

I was planning on waiting until everything came in but I was drinking last night and decided to start putting together what I had.

The problem is this- I wore a fucking bathrobe and was standing on carpet while I installed the mobo and fans. Am I fucked?

Attached: 457411828_5b192aa678_b.jpg (1024x771, 482K)

Static shock is a meme. Seriously; how often do you touch something metal and discharge shock? Its not common. Stop being a newfag.

Well I've heard you don't necessarily have to have a jolt to do damage, but hey I'm just making sure. I mean a motherboard isn't the most expensive thing on the planet but I'd rather not have to wait to order another one and go through all the installation again.

I mess with parts on the carpet while wearing staticky clothes all the time, so you should be fine.Just touch the case for a few seconds to ground yourself if you wanna be extra careful.

Ok. I figured it was just something blown way out of proportion. I grounded my tools on the case, but I only touched the sides of the motherboard anyway. I can't see doing much damage to the fiberglass in any scenario.

Yeah, as long as there's no power going to anything, it's all good.

Alright. Thanks!

No probs man

>3k build
Lmao, too cheap for 4k? Nigga that's like getting a chrysler 300 instead of a caddy wtf wrong with you?

Attached: 1510334061205.jpg (463x293, 57K)

>buying either of those
If you're gonna spend that much on an unreliable piece of shit, it may as well be fun to drive for the whole 50 miles before it breaks down. Get a BMW if that's the sort of car you're in the market for. Or an Audi or an Alfa

What possible upgrade would I need to spend 4 thousand on a pc?

4K is the standard technology. Why would you be a jew and settle for 3K?

It /kinda/ is anymore since ICs have such good shielding, but back in the early 90s and before it was not a meme by any regards. Lost a fucking motherboard to it.

>The problem is this- I wore a fucking bathrobe and was standing on carpet while I installed the mobo and fans. Am I fucked?

Perhaps. Read about ESD-Damage, it wont ruin your hardware instantly, but it'll ruin it quick over the time, and if you are lucky, it'll die way before warranty runs out

ESD-Damage is real and like 99% of Jow Forums never even heard of it because most people here are dumbfucks and americans

chink

4k for the standard technology? I just looked for good deals. Let me guess you bought everything full price on amazon and Newegg right? pff I'm going to SLI 1080tis with a 9700.

Not all of us live rent free in our mother's basement :)

Dumb nigger is talking about 4k resolution not $4k

Static shock is so overblown its a joke, I worked for a guy for the better rpart of a decade, fixing and building his clients PC's, on work benches that had dingey old carpet on them...never grounded myself, and would routinely just jump the headers on mobos with a screw driver to turn them on to test if all the parts worked before putting them in a case, not once did I ever damage a single component.

Did you touch a grounded or large metal item while working? If so, you'll be fine.

static electricity is not a meme
i had a lightning bolt discharge from my finger once, luckily it hit the ethernet port's metal casing not a delicate little IC

fake and gay

>3k build

PC tech has stagnated. You don't need to spend more than about $500-$600 on a PC these days and it will be good for the next 10 years of your manchild video games.