/pmp/ - Portable Music Player

/pmp/ - Portable Music Player

because if you are using your phone as a music player you´re ruinning your life

Attached: 04.jpg (2000x1125, 1.06M)

i just stream jazz radio now so i don't even care.

Just don't tell me you're listening to BGM 24/7 jazz. That's computer-generated.

Usually IRL jazz radio stations through TuneIn. WBGO.
Occasionally I have used those YouTube streams. They're nice enough.

Shanling M2s reporting in

Attached: 5F20B684-01E5-4FC9-9336-E59DA3D4489B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

That's fine then. To me the computer generated garbage isn't even music, you can hear the soullessness in it.

based user doing the Shanling master race
also patrician band

Should I fix my un-cf-moddable 4th gen or get a 5th?

Oh hey that's the same music player I have
I upgraded from a X3 2nd gen to this one and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Holy shit I didn't even notice it before. Now I do lol. That's how much of a casual attitude I try to take to music now. I used to be an autist a decade ago. Collections, CDs, file quality, bitrates. At one point I even converted my entire library to ATRAC because I thought it sounded better. I mean, it did, but at the end of the day who fucking cares. Wasted years.

I still have a collection but I can't remember the last time I accessed any of it. I just don't want to be a slave to any hobbies now. Too much else to do, way more important. I also stream anime music sometimes if I want something more upbeat. Some anime music internet radio station.

You are right about those YouTube streams though. I think I'll stick to real stations playing real jazz.

Attached: 1551447562767.png (411x410, 212K)

It's one of those things you don't hear until you do, and then you can never unhear it. I got two thousand jazz albums, but I am as well am too busy to sperg with it.

desu I managed to listen to that BGM stream for a few hours while working before I realized something was "missing", the "music" wasn't contributing to my flow. That's when I heard it.

Real stations are always the better option.

get a cheap 5th and mod or try the Fiio new toy M6

is one of the finest Fiio works, simply awesome

This. Computer generated shit usually sounds as soulless as elevator music.

how well does the fiio drive headphones without the amp?

very well, can move everything but some hard ones like HD600 needs a bit extra.

But for mostly you don´t need the amp.

would it handle some dt770's i want to get some but dont think my ipod classic could drive them so may pick up a fiio aswell

Who's /FiioX1/?

Attached: IMG_20190311_144746.jpg (3456x4608, 3.46M)

What an affordable DAP or PMP that has battery life of 8 hours or so? Bonus if its under $100.

you are right, should pick up a fiio and enjoy them, even the X1 II can move them.

Fiio M3K
battery is 24 fuckin hours
also:
1 x Micro SD 2 TB
32 bits / 384 kHz

Thanks foe the suggestion. Looks nice, by the way, can you control the playlist with backward/forward function with side buttons?

background noise makes anything other than a phone with a good inbuilt dac or good sony Walkman pointless to carry with you.

and if you use IEMs enjoy walking in front of a truck by accident.

> if you are using your phone as a music player you´re ruinning your life
I use my music player as a phone.

yes, you can set up the buttons to do anything

i walk around with iems in all the time and have never even came close to getting hit by a car, do you know how to cross a road

Attached: 1513829465409.jpg (680x588, 61K)

Just continue doing what you do. I hope you'll die in agony. Just like you deserve.

atleast i know how to spell ruining

why so much hate user....

is in galeic user, that happens when you use your phone so much

kinda wanted a FiiO for a while, but still using a few iPod classics, though one of them is not cooperation right now

any recommendations for good online repairs??

Attached: IMG_8726.jpg (320x240, 19K)

premium portable music player is stupid, you can spend less on a better stereo system and listen to it quietly at home.

Dude if I wanted to listen to music at home I'd just use a fuckin pc and headphones like everyone does. Do you think people are posting in a PORTABLE player thread because they want to sit in the same spot and listen to music?

no, but since it's Jow Forums i just thought i'd be a faget and argue like errybody else

Anything good that's really small?

My phone's 3.5mm is fucked, but I don't want to buy a new phone just because of that.

Attached: 819E1X2kC0L._SY450_.jpg (333x450, 15K)

Sony NWA45 reporting
Just bought myself the fearless audio s6 rui, cant wait.

soon i will have the nw-a55
just need to sell the 4 ipods i have first...

a clip+
or the t6 meme but it's a bit bigger and lacks the clip

Aye mein negger just received mine in the mail

Attached: KLIAV2018-FiiO-0.png (773x551, 123K)

>clip+
It's discontinued though. How much did they used to go for?

>touch button meme
fucking retarded chinks

They work quite well though apart from the retarded touch bar

now try using it inside your pocket
the typical click wheel is made for these fucking things instead of touch meme

Whats good niggas?
My ipod's USB cable broke last week tho.
Might sell it but i want something as small as it. I I know at this time is impossible but i dont want any chinkshit.

Attached: Microfucker 190219.jpg (3024x4032, 811K)

Are there many retards out there who unironically cary extra shit on them just to have "muh sound experience"?

I have an old iPod touch and pair of shitty Skullcandy earphones and more than happy with what it sounds like. Why are people chasing good sound quality on the go when it will never ever come close to their home setup and adds extra shit to the daily carry?

sup ! /pmp/

Attached: IMG_0169.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

get a shanling m0 you microfucker youll love it.

Attached: IMG_6884.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

I have a M3K, I wish there was an activate custom frimware community for it. It's hard to manage the playlists with the software it has.

How responsive is the m3k? All the videos look like it has half a second of lag between swiping a finger and something happening on the screen.