Breaking DRM

Is there a way to break spotify drm? I have a premium account.

What do?

Attached: K.png (1491x790, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark
github.com/librespot-org/librespot/blob/master/playback/src/player.rs#L560
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nigga just record the sound are you retarded

>What do?
Don't use it.

kek.

this should be easy to write a script that reads off the current song name and artist while recording

Convert to Deezer
Use deezloader

Why bother? It's not like spotify has any exclusive content, rippers can just get the unencrypted CD and you can get it from the torrent site of your choice.

use smloadr.

Are music CDs even drm nowadays? I assume the itunes import trick still works too.

If you really want you can just buy used cds on ebay, do what u will, then sell them back out.

Not recommending u do anything just saying.

Did Audio-CDs ever had DRM? You can just import them in iTunes or even in shitty windows media player

Not OP but they don't have everything Spotify has.

Same as above, it's not like everyone rips everything.

I had to resort to this for at least 1 track and the free stream sounds like garbage compared to the itunes sample.

I guess they dont because they need to run on everybodies potato disk player unlike bluerays where they built in the expectation from day 1 with hardware manufacturers.

Honestly they made legal music screaming reasonably cheap enough and also there isnt major content fragmentation like with video.

Seeing a series disappear on netflix, or having to hunt if a movie is on amazon or netflix is annoying. Whereas typically spotify has what you are looking for 90+% of the time.

>legal music screaming
top jej

Stop using spotify you absolute fucking mongoloid.

Yeah just use SMLoadr and a cracked deezer apk.

use a russian vpn and the modded yandex msuic

If you are on Linux, you could try using some short of memory inspection / dumbing tool and see if you could just dumb a song to disk directly from memory. It would probably take a fair amount of work however.

Get an Male Aux to Male Aux cable and plug it in from headphone jack to microphone jack, then record the audio.

Just like, pirate music you retard. We've had this figured out since the 90s.

/thread

Yes there is a way, someone made a demo on the CCC this year for ripping the OGG files
No it was not made not public

Reminder
mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark

>90% of the music
Can barely find some quite known albums...

this sounds like troll physics but also like it would work perfectly

Attached: 1526271840584.png (500x304, 94K)

>It's not like spotify has any exclusive content
Yes, it does.

There is, just not advertised because no one wants opensource libraries to get DMCA'd. Until recently you had to use the official but now deprecated libspotify (made for hardware players), but that was real-time, for premium users only and in PCM format.

Nowadays there's the better librespot which implements Spotify Connect, but you'll have to look through the code to dump the decrypted track or print the AES key as I did. The encrypted files are in a special ogg format with an extra header and encrypted payload.

Or you can go the difficult route and look for the decryption routine based on its entropy. There's some interesting research out there.

>librespot
>written in rust
sheesh im gonna need 2 years to 'decrypt' the code, let alone the files

>Not OP but they don't have everything Spotify has.

I've been able to download maybe 80% to 90% of my Spotify playlists through Deezer. The remainder is still too massive to hunt down individually so I wrote a telegram bot to scrape MusicHuntersBot on Telegram.

This is the relevant code, printing the key should be easy enough:
github.com/librespot-org/librespot/blob/master/playback/src/player.rs#L560

I installed a pajeetbaked Premium Spotify .apk but it won't let me download songs : (

how do u do that

Attached: 03a12733e632a066c4d62b9213cd556a66ed699fa941e4e09d5b5268ed60900a_vectorized.png (960x772, 161K)

Just write a program that listens for the DMA to your sound card and pulls the digital stream directly from it. That, or create a sound board that let's you funnel off the DMA digital audio signal to a storage medium, like an SD card.

Sony got caught with CDs that installed rootkit on a PC if you jammed it into your computer and not a simple player.

They denied it all but someone tracked all of the traffic to sony's servers.
See this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

"Sony BMG initially denied that the rootkits were harmful. It then released, for one of the programs, an "uninstaller" that only un-hid the program, installed additional software which could not be easily removed, collected an email address from the user, and introduced further security vulnerabilities."

Absolutely based lmao