Who Pine 64 here? I'm ordering the ROCKPro64, am I gonna get bamboozled?

Who Pine 64 here? I'm ordering the ROCKPro64, am I gonna get bamboozled?

pine64.org/?page_id=61454

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 21.27.50.png (3238x1282, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19298835
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You gonna get bamboozled. Software support ain't gonna be that good. Good hardware shit software support.

Run TempleOS on it

I got the 4GB Rock64 and it's pretty good with armbian stretch.

Attached: armbian.png (595x645, 61K)

What's the closest thing to a consumer-friendly OS you can run on it?

Armbian. See

can it play 1080p h.265?

They are shit. THey are literally trash tier.
No fucking software support on their side and therefore a lack of community. Don't get one of these

Is there actually any X86 alternative for these things out there?

Latte Panda

>rockchip
>no support

Pinebook Pro when? I need one in my life yesterday.

Attached: 1549091452112.png (580x582, 654K)

if you want to toy with a small x86 there's always an option of going with an used wyse terminal/hp thinclient etc.
You'll likely have to run os from a pendrive (there are really tiny ones that don't even stick out) or have to toy with some ide 44 to sd converters, but they're really fucking cheap
I have one running my own vpn, and another one just to fuck around

Attached: 83613aff45509f6f8d189b1e8f36.jpg (512x512, 30K)

>vpn
>on one of those
how many bits per second do you get?

What we need isn't more chink pi knockoffs with no support, but a goddman Pi Zero 2 with Pi 3 specs.

When does the pinephone come out

>Latte Panda
>no sata
Smh

Not sure it's a good idea. A recent Hacker News thread had a lot of people who got burned with Pine hardware.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19298835

Attached: pinebook64.png (1046x365, 58K)

It has Armbian support and PCIe... I wonder if it can use a nvme adapter.

It's linux ARM, the support will be excellent unless you count MyDVDSoftIsoBurner(tm) as good software support.

I'm seeing half-and-half people being pleased and people being pissed. I also take HN with a grain of salt because it's HN. We'll see what happens with it, though. I want it because it's a little ARM thing with the same CPU as the latest Libreboot developments (which means it should have a non-zero amount of support), and a 10000 mAh battery that makes my penis the big penis. It's the only new laptop I've been interested in ages because everything else is either garbage laptops piggybacking off of business laptop brand names, or garbage laptops piggybacking off of gaming laptop brand names. The entire landscape is fucking garbage, so something like this that even remotely promises to be in the intersection of free, powerful, and high endurance will get me cautiously optimistic.

Attached: 1549809172111.png (597x579, 36K)

I got memed into buying a orange pi pc plus how do I get hardware accelerated video in kodi/armbian?

what's a good mix between a SBC and a wireless router?
I need a small "computer" that can act as an AP and as webserver, so that other people (5-10 people at times) will connect to a small app that runs on it through the wifi

They literally sell a nvme pcie card for it. So yes

Has anyone got gentoo on it yet? I might check it out.

I didn't see anything for multihead. Would I be able to connect a GPU on it, strictly for 6 monitors?

Easiest way is probably dietpi

It has one HDMI out and then one usb-c with display port capability. So you can have two monitors maybe if the software support is ok

I got one free and it's a piece of shit don't buy it.
No software support and nothing runs well on it because of the shit processor.

Old desktops. Cheap as fuck with bad power consumption. If you're honest with yourself you're probably not going to run any project on there more than an hour a day.

Look up the upboard or upboard squared. That's the cheapest x86 single board computer you'll find

I have two of the 1GB Rock64. One running OpenMediaVault very well. The other is running Kodi via LibreElec. The LibreElec support is very beta and has some instability, but it will play 4K 10bit HDR x265 content without breaking a sweat, so I'd still recommend it for the price.