Android to iOS

Should i switch? I’m using my friends iPhone right now.

It feels so good. So stylish, fonts are beautiful, user experience is great.

it’s a jail for sure. But so beautiful jail. Damn, applel you got me.

Attached: AndroidtoiOS.jpg (600x400, 36K)

what is the difference exactly

c o m e h o m e g o o d g o y

Attached: CALLER_ID.png (343x628, 275K)

Oh hi Mark

User experience.

yes

I can't deal with not having a dedicated back button. The swipe gesture is fucking gay

I think it's pretty overrated, but if you have the money for one by all means treat yourself. It's the type of device you could give your mom and don't have to worry about it breaking. I've a company issued iPhone I only use it when I have to do forced security updates :)

I'm OK with it. It's shockingly easy to get used to.
The back gesture is literally always there except for when you're on the home screen or in the notification/control centers, so the gesture becomes second nature, just like Android's back button. The only difference is that iOS' "back gesture" doesn't take up any display real estate, whereas the navigation keys on Android are always there unless you're watching fullscreen video.

>jail

Attached: E2CF4904-CAA8-4DCE-A4BA-2DB18A5FD921.png (1242x2688, 2.07M)

Back to your designated shitting street Ranjeet.

Attached: 1543709859547.jpg (622x888, 185K)

if iOS is your thing gtfo /g you either must be old and will never understand how to use tech and or a girl but bottom line true technologist do not use Apple

Before you go full retard and buy an iphone. Look up apps you normally use on android that you wont be able to use on iphone.

I love my iPhone, personally. It’s not for everyone but if you don’t care that much about customization and stuff, then go for it. I might be wrong, but I’ve always felt that iPhones have better hardware and last much longer.
But also do this

Does iOS have a file system like Android does? E.g. Can I download a podcast as an mp3 file from the web and open it in a podcast player of my choice?

Sort of. It’s usually not as easy as on Android, but it can very much be done. It’s not hard and you don’t need to look for loopholes (for lack of a better word) but it’s still annoying. What you can do is click the file to be downloaded, wait for the file to download, which can only sometimes be done in the background and it isn’t always very fast. It’ll take you to a dedicated page to choose what to do with it. You can then either copy it to your “files” whether it be local or cloud and/or you can open it directly in your app of choice. It’s much easier on android because it’s just like a computer there. It downloads in the background, shows you it’s download progress (which iOS doesn’t do), and it’s much easier to choose what to do with said file.

So the only difference is that on iOS you have to explicitly tell it what to do with the downloaded file? That sounds like one extra step. Did I understand you right?

Can I create folders and move files around freely like on Android?

Sort of? It’s a little messier than that. It’s basically just more of a hassle on iOS. You’re basically right. You have to tell it exactly where you want it and you have to tell it right then and there. There’s no “downloads” folder like on Android (IIRC, at least. I haven’t used Android in years)
You can move files around freely and create folders, yes. But, again, if I remember correctly, it’s not as good as on android.

Hehe. Scratch that. You can’t make folders in the Files app. At least not locally. Only for your iCloud Drive.

Not OP, but I honestly wouldn't be missing any apps. I use a few chat apps, calendar, email, GPS, Lyft, Venmo, Firefox, Alarm Clock/Stopwatch.
Is there a way to disable all notifications in iOS except for the alarm clock? And also stop phone calls from interrupting me?

Yes. You can disable notifications for each and every app in iOS. Pretty sure that includes the phone app. There’s also do not disturb mode.

Cool. I'd always have it in DND because I don't like sounds, but ideally I'd never be notified of incoming or missed phonecalls visually either.

>projecting
you really should stop being self hating pajeet

Attached: andjeet.jpg (750x1334, 1.7M)

never read bigger bullshit

>stylish
you should probably switch, because you already sound like a faggot

t. seething Andpoos
what apps will i miss exactly? only thing i use my smartphone for is browsing, chatting and ect.
>inb4 sone retarded idiot tells me to install terminal and other crappy software which you never gonna use on your phone
>inb4 normie reee

>iOS doesn't have Kiwi
>iOS doesn't have Youtube Vanced, Newpipe or Videoder
>iOS doesn't have a single proper download system or file manager
I like that you can change the volume from the control center and also the Assistive touch (many Chinese OEMs have something similar in their skins). It's just that everything else is S H I T.

depends of your ecosystem if u wanna use iphone and windows or linux I would stay with android but ios with macos it when magic happens.

literaly who apps
dont use any of those anyways

I would really suggest that if you buy an iPhone you try to buy one on 12.1 - 12.1.2. I say this because some apps like file managers are available if you jailbreak.
There are guides to find serial numbers with the right iOS version on r*ddit.

essntially you are led to choose between a beautiful phone (iphone) vs an ugly computer (android)

Back to your designated shitting street Ranjeet.

Attached: 1530215250302.jpg (643x960, 255K)

iphones are secure where as your android rooted phone has either malware from the chinese rooting program or indian