Google killed its greatest gift to humanity

Google killed its greatest gift to humanity

Attached: google answers.gif (561x289, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.google.com/answers/
answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/333514.html
answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/776585.html
answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/741445.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Google kept the data. Post your best keks.

answers.google.com/answers/

I remember this. The answers were always longer than they needed to be

you weren't kidding:
answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/333514.html

They killing old services left and right.

Attached: 1339550542722.jpg (640x640, 202K)

>costs at least $2.50
>"""gift"""

never used it and couldn't give a fuck. you can find knowledge for free

what do you mean by 'gift'?

The most honest words I've ever seen written

Attached: Screenshot_20190311_202939.png (908x850, 179K)

I mean if I were paying for this I would want to get my money's worth

Remember when people could spout this kind of shit everywhere? Still want to prevent censorship?

Attached: asdfg.png (646x605, 60K)

The icing on the cake

Attached: tip.png (601x71, 3K)

WHY WOULD THEY KILL THIS?

Attached: efd.jpg (403x392, 40K)

Oh to be young again

Attached: isaac.png (605x250, 15K)

The goal changed or became more obvious.
Back in the day google did things for the good of man. google today is very evil.

You can visibly see this phenomenon for yourself using the google search "time" tool and entering specific dates.
Start at the first of 1994 as the beginning time for your search query, then put 2004 as the ending time, so that you can't get search results newer than that.

Google WILL destroy this functionality too, but it gets rid of the bullshit and even though you can't get new results, you get way better ones because the modern results page is literally government propaganda + paid ads.

Test it out.

Attached: window_xp.png (601x112, 8K)

It was dead long ago.

Is this real? Hilarious if true since that's a fuckin smart watch the questioner describes. Nice.

O-f, of course n-not, Monseigneur! We must censor until we cannot be offended, or else evil has won.

wonder if this book is easier to find now

Attached: dreams_for_my_father.png (608x327, 29K)

They did indeed.

Attached: imagesearch.png (631x182, 7K)

Google stopped being good the day they implemented """relevance algorithms""" rather than everyone getting the same search results meaning they were now free to promote certain viewpoints and propaganda.

ask it what doth life

Attached: screencapture-answers-google-answers-threadview-id-741811-html-2019-03-11-21_50_44.jpg (1008x5784, 1.28M)

Oh its definitely real. The difference between then and now is the circuitry and batteries have become small enough to handle creating a smart watch. There were dozen of prototype smart phones and watches that failed in the two decades running up to the iPhone/Android releases.

oh no the libruls taking muh freeze peaches

answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/776585.html

Lol you're just mad Google doesn't let you publicly use their private platform to organize and complete right wing terror attacks

>modern results page
Don't forget that it's incredibly hard to find information on things that are incredibly popular nowadays. All you'll get are new articles or reaction videos or some other stupid shit.

Google used to be the good guy.

Thank you Crabcakes.

Not him but did you do the google time tool test and look at the difference between search results on a subject now vs if you limit the results to 1990-2005? (or any variance of this really).
It's a night and day difference in how you get relevant results then but not now, and it's obvious they broke it on purpose. Now they use google as a stream to direct you where to go or to feed you state propaganda rather than as a place to find relevant stuff.

>try to search anything
> entire search is "top 10 x for y" "these 14 x for y" "don't do y without x"
I think I give up now

Don't forget they even dropped their "don't be evil" motto

EVICTING MY ELDERLY PARENTS FROM MY HOUSE: answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/741445.html

Are you aware there are extensions/add-ons to make lists of sites you don't want to include in your search results? Google has or had the native "personal blocklist" for at least Chrome, possibly firefox, and theres "hide unwanted results" for duckduckgo on firefox

wait what? what am I supposed to be mad at?

Too smart for his time. I hope he succeeded at life.

Please attach a trigger warning to this post.

Thanks,
The Niggardly Staff

>The Niggardly Staff
Why would you take an originally non-offensive word that sounds like an offensive word, and perpetuate the confusion that they're related? That's a dick move, now you're fucking over those of us who wanted to use the non-offensive word. Kill yourself.

Smartwatches aren't a new thing, people tried to make them for years, see calculator and pager watches. We just didn't have the tech. Hell, just watch one of these old spy movies.

It's just Yahoo answers that you can pay people, nothing special.

restores your faith in innernets, that

the kind of internet where anyone can post anything and be visible just isn't possible with all the third worlders who have gotten internet and somewhat understandable English training over the past decade

heh, good poem.

That's not enough though. Google actively subverts finding the pages you want to find if they are politically questionable, like regarding climate change. I was forced to use the search time tool because I could not find whitepapers from the 90s and early 2000s where General Electric and the oi cartel proposed the green energy movement for climate change and began funding it in their media channel. No matter how hard I looked in the normal results pages they couldn't be found, and while I did eventually find the whitepage using the time tools, GE had removed the file from their server, so I had to find a cached version of the site. It was all very difficult whereas a few years prior it had been very easy to find. The difference in difficulty to finding something I knew existed and had been published on GE's main website and that I had accessed and used in arguments before was unreal, and it's easy proof on (at least for myself) that google is beyond bullshit at this point in time.
Intentionally gutted so that the common people can't use it well. The easy warning sign was how google agreed to secretly censor and control thought at the behest of the chinese government in China, and thinking that they wouldn't do that here.

Privacy?