Why aren't you Win7 faggots using Windows Thin PC? It's basically a more lightweight version of Windows 7...

Why aren't you Win7 faggots using Windows Thin PC? It's basically a more lightweight version of Windows 7, supported until the end of 2021 (so +1.5 years than 7)

Attached: Windows_ThinPC.png (1280x1024, 516K)

sell me on this shit user, currently using ultimate
is it really lighter ? reformatting is a big bother even with chocolatey

Never heard of it.

>11/07/2011
>2011 was 8 years ago
>there are people shitposting on this very website that were born on 2011
it hurts so much bros.

>tuneup utilities
>ashampoo burning
>windows live messenger
>adobe reader

Why would anyone use ThinPc when it's just embedded standard 7 with some features permanently removed

LTSC exists and there's a lot of incompatibilities using ryzen hardware on wankblows 7 with sometimes no windows 7 drivers at all.

Because it has security updates until 2021

Just like Embedded Standard 7.

I believe the only special thing about ThinPC is that it does not need any activation or KMS. You can just use one of the leaked volume keys forever.

Link?

Mydigitallife forums, thinpc thread

>MUH UPDATES

Another generation of dragging on stuff beyond the grave is here.
- Embedded POSReady 2009
- XP API wrappers for Win2k
- KernelEx
- Win32c

Why would I when Win10 exists? Lol. Dumb

>Embedded POSReady 2009
I bet this shit still has updates available. I'll boot my shitbox right now just to check.

Its time is finally coming, on April 9th.

Forget about that, Windows Update is using 99% of a Pentium 4, maybe in 30 minutes it'll be usable.

Why do you boomers insist on using a OS long oast its EOL?
unless you have some hyper obscure hardware or software there is literally no reason to keep using 7

Why do you retarded zoomers think poo in loo hackers will immediately nuke your digital existence unless all your software is constantly updated?

Good boy

18 fucking years, probably older than half of this website.

Attached: file.png (800x600, 349K)

Why are you omitting the fact that it's only 32bit?

Might be acceptable for smartphone x86 qemu VM then.

This, I will never get this meme. What's even the likelihood of finding a zero-day that doesn't require any user input to be ran? And even if found, what's the probability of you being affected? Probably less than a meteorite falling right in your head. A software not being updated doesn't make it is any less secure if it is already secure enough.

>X86
No thanks grandpa.

Fucking finally a couple intelligent anons on this shitty board.

>2009
>18 years

Attached: confused jeb.png (662x800, 443K)

XP was released in 2001, dumbass.

T. doesn't work in security

>Thin PC
That's why. My PC is THICC. Tell me when they make Windows THICC PC.

Ah yes, I should switch to a limited OS launched from a locked down bootloader running on a slow CPU with a poor iGPU.

I love mobile devices and they do incredible things with very limited space and power consumption, but they're no desktop replacement.

Do you?

what to do if you can't find manufacturer drivers for your laptop? (mine is made for windows 8.1 so dell did not release any windows 7 driver)

i don't have a cuckolding fetish

windows 7 is the last good non brain dead windows OS

Uma delicia

Don't forget
- Win32 API
It#s obsolete, we have metro now

Use generic drivers

Same thing has been said about:
DOS (muh minimalism)
Win 3.1 (muh classic theme no baby explorer.exe crap)
Win 95 (muh IE-less desktop)
Win 98SE (muh gaymes)
Win 2000 (muh classic design no fisher price crap)
Win XP (muh old devices and gaymes)
Win 7 (muh aero)
Win 8.1 (muh non-botnet)

windows 10

>there are people shitposting on this very website that were born on 2011
They'd be 8 years old user...

can't download it anywhere
cant license it anywhere

sage

Have you seen alot of the posts here user, would it really be that much of a shock that literal children post here, factor in Jow Forums as a whole there are probably more children here then adults
You know its true

But XP is fisher price crap.
t, win2000 to win7 user

a lot of software wont work and neither will normal w7 drivers so this is pointless to use, if i wanted a broken os with no software or drivers i'd use linux

okay but how do i use xp without getting owned by exploits

You dont

Use it in an air lock only. Don't ever attach removable storage. Easy

i first came here when i was 10 so it's not that far off

it's also 20g less than 7

>Windows Update is using 99% of a Pentium 4
There is a problem with POSReady 2009 that Windows Update will always try to update the system, but never will do it, no matter what. It will just waste RAM and CPU in trying to do that.
To solve that you just need to download the Cumulative Updates for Internet Explorer 8 from the Catalog and install them manually.
I remember reading it was because Microsoft changed the security protocol of their servers and IE8 is way too old and some incompatibility happened that it caused you couldn't download anything from the site anymore, even when Windows knew the system required such updates.

And you're 11 now faggot?

>implying we haven't already checked out the 'new', and said, fuck that shit
why, is because alternatives, user.
the alternatives, they're not pleasing

Why doesn't M$ release WinXP for free?

is that Aztec?

It is 32 bit ONLY. In other words it's SHIT.

You are better off using WES7/POSReady 7 64 bit. WES7 ends support late 2020 and POSReady 7 ends support late 2021, not counting the extended (((((paid))))) updates.

Don't forget it's 32 bit only.

Thin PC is KMS ONLY. It CANNOT be activated via online activation or VOL_BA(Volume Bypass Activation, aka no activation required).

This.

wouldn't be surprised to be quite desu with you

Embedded Standard 7's EOL date is 2020, as far I know. Thin PC is 2021, same with POSReady 7.
The thing is, I don't know what's the difference between Thin PC and POSReady 7, considering how both are "evolutions" of Embedded Standard 7.
At least with XP you could say POSReady 2009 was the "most perfect" version of XP, considering how it was the last XP-based OS that was released and the one with the longest support.

>gets infected with ransomware
>comes to Jow Forums for help
u r nigger.

INSTALL REACTOS

Attached: ReactOS RAM.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

Can I vidya on this piece of shit yet?

Almost every generation with you luddites.
>XP? No thanks, I'll stick with 2k
>Vista? No thanks, I'll stick with XP
>7? No thanks, I'll stick with XP
>8? No thanks, I'll stick with 7
>10? No thanks, I'll stick with 7
And then you take it beyond
>and not just stock Windows, my "stripped down" barely functional, likely rootkit custom iso or the official versions meant for cash registers
>please just use what I use so I can feel validated
Stop this.

It's almost like every subsequent generation has been worse in some respect than the ones preceding it, and the only reason those people moved on is because it became a necessity rather than because they changed their mind.

>yet
Isn't React dead by now? So no, and never.

It's not like that in the slightest, your post itself implies that. How is it worse but also necessary?
>ugh I really want to use the new version of these APIs but I really don't want to upgrade
What sense is that?
As if it's not the same for all software. In what way is it "worse" that isn't subjective nitpicking about the UI.
>urgh this thing may be functionally equivalent to the last version while adding new functionality but the fact that the glass is frosted basically makes it unusable now

For me, there is not too many options. I have some PCs that are 32-bit only and anything post-W7 is a no no. And no, Linux is not an option, considering how all of the important distros are dropping 32-bit binaries as fast as they can, even faster than Microsoft.

>pre-Vista
>jiggle usb cable
>kernel crash
>pre-8
>update system grows install size instead of replacing outdated components automatically
>using built in system tools made to compact the image often results in an unbootable or unstable system
It's almost like they fix critical problems with the kernel and base every release.

if you want to use new hardware, you have to upgrade or do some hacky shit
i think ryzen cannot have 7 installed natively, you have to install 7 from a non-ryzen machine and move the disk to your ryzen machine
who knows how long until ryzen is totally compatible with 7, or how long until intel does similar shit

I fail to see how the new version of the OS supporting the new hardware makes it "worse" than the version that doesn't support it.
Necessary or not makes no difference. That's innate and the whole purpose of the kernel, to support hardware. If you want to use new hardware, you have to use some new software bridge. Be it in kernel, or some module.

i was giving a reason why people would use a worse OS (i.e. someone who stuck to XP for a long time finally switching to 7) - because they want a faster computer and don't want to use several generations old parts just so they can keep using XP (or even if it could work under XP, performance would be better under 7)
in addition, software incompatibilities will force many people eventually (DX12 is windows 10 only...or at least it was, until last night, so until yesterday, DX12 only games required 10, and many games benefited from DX12, so a DX11 game with DX12 mode would run better on 10 than with DX11 on 7)
you questioned why people would move on out of necessity, im providing reasons

how secure will it be running windows 7 after support is done? i heard if you use XP today it easily gets viruses and shit.

>install windows 7
>piss off 90% of Jow Forums
stay seethed :)

DX12 is considered a failure, so who cares

All these are security updates, so I would say it's secure as Windows 10.

It's Latim senpai

Attached: 1497215430698.jpg (216x250, 30K)

It was only Windows Update searching for updates, after it found them the usage dropped to 0% again.

Nah, it often doesn't run shit properly and loves giving you a nice BSOD after some time. Also, good luck running that on bare metal.

>XP? No thanks, I'll stick with 2k
No one did that. 2K was a piece of shit and XP was obviously superior.
>Vista? No thanks, I'll stick with XP
Most XP machines didn't met the minimum requirements of Vista. Not to mention it was a buggy mess before SP2.
>7? No thanks, I'll stick with XP
See above. Pentium 4 and low end dual cores suffer on 7. But anyone with a machine from 2006+ upgraded since it was, again, obviously superior.
>8? No thanks, I'll stick with 7
It's literally Windows 7 with apps, telemetry by default and a tablet interface, why would someone do that.
>10? No thanks, I'll stick with 7
Same as above but botnet on steroids. Also broken as fuck.

Anyway, it's completely acceptable to not update if you are still getting security updates and programs you use still work. I don't get why you faggots love this "muh new software = bettur". The best software is the one that does whatever you want while being secure. That's why people are still on 7, it's safe, stable and does whatever the fuck they need.

>i heard if you use XP today it easily gets viruses and shit.
Maybe if you use an outdated browser and/or download everything you see without checking first. There's basically no other way of getting viruses.

You think people will use w7 long after support? You think there will compatibility issues with new games?

>Anyway, it's completely acceptable to not update if you are still getting security updates and programs you use still work. I don't get why you faggots love this "muh new software = bettur". The best software is the one that does whatever you want while being secure. That's why people are still on 7, it's safe, stable and does whatever the fuck they need.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to use XP long after it had support and i never got a single virus or any kind of problems.

>You think people will use w7 long after support?
Maybe if they find a way to get "paid updates" for free. Otherwise they will just migrate to Linux or LTSB. I will end up just using some Linux distro.
>You think there will compatibility issues with new games?
Don't expect companies to support it after the marketshare drops under 10%, but maybe there will be no issues, who knows. Games still don't use much DX12 and Vulkan/older DX versions are compatible with 7.

I run win7 on my 1800x just fine. Windows is gonna try and install an amd update from windows update automatically that'll shoot your system but if you disable that you'll be fine

>Implying u don't crack with kms activation

it's x86 only no?, so what's the point.

Some new games are already only compatible with Windows 10.

almost any windows virus can be overcome if you:
(a) manage personal and financial data on a separate computer or partition running a FOSS operating system.
(b) backup data on a drive that is never touched by windows (transfer to one disk, then use your other OS/PC to transfer your files to the backup drive.
(c) use 2 factor for any account that you log in on a windows computer. M$ logs your passwords and so will any keylogger, so 2FA is your buddy.
(d) don't be a retard and verify your sources (and checksums) before installing software. its literally that easy. make sure you get programs from their official site. if you pirate software, use trusted torrents and firewall any software that doesn't need access to the internet. its literally that easy you dumb fucking dumb fuck.

now FUCK OFF

There are no new games needed since Battlefield 2.
And it runs on DX9
Where is your point?

It just your zoomer mindset trying to inteprets things.

The truth is its already 3 years and I cant accept Windows 10.
Back then:
95-98 1 month then switch
98-2000 20 days
2000-XP 10 days
XP-Vista never.
Xp-7 7 days.
7-8 never
7-8.1 1 year
8.1-10 never even now I cant accept win 10 and I probably will stay with win8.1 until its EOL.
And that says something because Im very progressive and like changing in OS.

Win10 quality control is shit, it got worse each release. In the newest stable release it even got tons of typos, even in services. That rarely happened before.

Are they ones anyone cares about?

Because Windows 10 LGTB is awright for my gaming and hacking.

Is this the new Embedded POSReady 2009?

Attached: 1259541928402.png (1366x768, 213K)

soul
soulless

>Evaluation copy
user, please.

It's HueHue.