He doesn't own a Raspberry Pi

>he doesn't own a Raspberry Pi

What's your excuse ?

Attached: cjb_200x300.jpg (200x300, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZejkWra-Mfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They don't sell them at retail, at least not here.

They're pointless unless you're a literal child who is not allowed a proper computer or you actually have a project that requires a small computer. I have had one since launch and it just collects dust.

already have a gutted fanless netboox acting as nextcloud server, dns server and pihole engine

He's scary as fuck every time he gets out his scissors laughing

>a raspberry pie

Attached: 8m6c1Xu.png (205x246, 7K)

Attached: _.gif (291x348, 1.69M)

I don't have space. If I did I'd be using one or two along with my desktop that I don't have space for right now either

What exactly is the fucking point of it? What do you do once you have one?

I bought an mp3 player instead. Slightly cheaper, does everything I want, same power requirements. No need to fool around with drivers, OS, or programs. Seems it plays a lot of things including video.

Attached: Oculus rift.webm (480x360, 692K)

False, they're pointless if you don't understand the beauty/fun in creating platforms and software that runs on restricted hardware.

Doesn't loading your computer up with 32GB of RAM and filling it with shitty bloated software get boring after a while, user?

I do not need an excuse not to not own something I do not need

I have the 1b going strong, a 2006 mac mini and youtube.com/watch?v=ZejkWra-Mfc recently the Rock64

Anything you want? It's a nice microcomputing platform. If you can't think of anything to do with it, it's probably because you've spent money in other areas to make up for it - lots of computer RAM so you don't need to offload tasks, lots of HDDs in main rig so you don't need a NAS, game systems so you don't need an emulator, etc

>If you can't think of anything to do with it, it's probably because you've spent money in other areas to make up for it
Well yes, I have indeed bought a real computer, otherwise I wouldn't be able to type these responses right now.

The raspberry pi is a pathetic piece of shit
There are better, cheaper SBCs available

>There are better, cheaper SBCs available
Well, they waited SMUGLY long enough for it to become horribly outdated

i do and it sits in the cupboard. im trying to find a use for it, maybe ill use it to power something in my car.

Sure but its also filled with stupid design decisions like pushing everything on a single USB 2.0 lane

A53 ARM trash. I'd rather buy a C2D desktop for $30.

If that fucker would just get a better haircut or shave it all off, and lost those melvin glasses he would look a thousand times better, and I don't usually give a shit about how other people look. It looks like he never left the 70s.

>I don't have space for an item smaller than a soda can
what

he needs space for his 3L mountain dew

the gpio is the only reason to use one and i dont have a need for that.

And that matters because that theoretical bottleneck is a show stopper for your non-existing project.

Like what? Chink pi with no support that burn on normal use?

I own four Orange Pis instead.

Attached: _THE16801.webm (1002x720, 1.4M)

Based EC fren, please make the nigger microcomputer threads again.

Attached: 1552274180889.png (1349x695, 51K)

Whatchya do with them? I like the stack

I use one as an ssh jumbox to my home network, and a WOL box for my server

power consumption is almost zero and it just works

yeah I have mine running a reddit bot. other than this there is no reason since I could use a real computer to do a job with better performance.

>He doesn't breadboard his own CPUs

Attached: 8-bit-CPU.png (672x372, 563K)

Practicing machine learning and cluster programming.
I want to add another 3 this year.

based Ben Eater

I haven't gotten around to it yet. Once I do I'm planning to set Plan 9 up in it and drawterm to it from my main computer

They're expensive as fuck in brazil because they're "trendy".
They're sold for like 60 dollars.

>restricted hardware
1GB of RAM is hardly restricted hardware for any single program. It's just like programming a regular computer, there's nothing special about it, except the graphics drivers are locked down proprietary crap with an ancient opengl version

A raspberry with open source drivers, and a vulkan implementation, now that would be dope. Imagine all the machine vision things you could do with it.

Isn't machine learning too slow on those?

the only thing you can do with them is shitty meme projects like retropie which you could do on any computer.

Unless you actually have a need for one, why the hell would you buy it?
I actually own one, because party because of how much of a piece of shit it is (good for testing performance) and has some other useful features for testing my software on, but it's hardly something that everybody needs to go out and buy.

>excuse

>has a home network and doesn't have a pihole
why?

Raspberry Pi is cucked garbage.
DRM to prevent 3rd party camera accesories from working properly. What's this bullshit?!
Literally any random chink SBC is better than the rpi.

Attached: 1542429370834.gif (346x360, 873K)

I already have my old computer acting as a home server.

>Bottlenecking my network through a raspberry pi
Why the hell would I do that? The raspberry pi's network interface is slow as fuck, and there is only one of them.

Attached: 1453302491365.png (314x278, 129K)

Seems that a lot of Jow Forums has come to dislike the RPi just because it's popular. There's also the supreme idiot camp, which bought a Rpi and never used it because they couldn't figure out a use case.

DNS servers won't bottleneck your network, none of the traffic is being redirected through it. Also network throughput in the newer 3B+ model is absolutely fine.

are you fucking retarded
it's a dns server not a proxy server
do you even know how a network works
pi's are not for retarded people please

guaranteed replies
you truly are cheap user-kun.

Brainlet.

I use mine in a pinch when I need to set up a quick NAS or router. It's saved me countless times.

I don't have need of one, crazy, I know

who is this based aryan?
handsome and cool guys like him make me want to use linux

dude from explaining computers dot com

why do Jow Forums worshipping mutts and jews instead of these based aryan?

Everything is slow on these, but it's more combining with cluster programming to scale out the algorithms.
I can get decent speeds at comparably low power consumption when they're all working together.

Because I already have a router with OpenWRT on it. Why would I need a pihole?

what would i use it for, the specs are trash

Overpriced for what it offers.
The "I browse web from my TV" poster strikes again.

I don't know much about single board computers so this is probably a stupid question but are there any out there that matches the performance of a flagship phone?

If not why aren't there any?

New Pi tomorrow???

Moron. See .

He has several, actually.

That is the most boomer tech channel I unironically enjoy. Audio, video, everything is always top notch.

Doesn't a so so laptop do the same shit for less?

Sort of. The Pi saves on power usage and size.

I'm pretty sure he does.

You're right. He's the best.

rock64

I already have cheaper door stops and dust collectors

I personally want to make a web crawler using a Raspberry but I don't know what to crawl. Any ideas, please?

Jow Forums archive obviously

Just use a fucking usb camera. I harvest them from old laptops

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

You can use it to run some services if you don't want a power chugging PC running 24/7. I use mine for pihole, torrentbox, openvpn and owncloud

>let's not address the actual issue, here's a shitty workaround

Mr Scissors is really his serial killer alter ego

I own nine

I have pihole but not on a raspberri pi.

Do you also have a router that forces all traffic on 53/udp to be redirected to the pi? Some devices don't honor DHCP-provided DNS info.

Or use literally any other SBC, which most of the time are better value than the pi.
Rock64 is my current go-to recommendation.

Attached: 1522099467306.png (756x720, 628K)

>does basic videos
>yet are still enjoyable

Why is a business major so good at explaining tech

He looks like he's about to molest me.

Attached: 1549065722621.gif (500x362, 962K)

because I have atmega328p

Except they have shit software support. If you're content with only having an ancient version of Ubuntu, Android, and some other hacked together distros that don't work well, go for it.

>inb4 make your own
I don't have time for that.

Yeah I hardly have enough room to sleep.

>shitty workaround
the actual Rpi camera is a shitty workaround for a problem that doesn't even exist
Even if Rpi did allow for 3rd party cameras I'd still use a cheap laptop one because it's essentially free and probably better quality

>he doesn't have an FPGA

i have adult size computers i don't use why the fuck do i need one built for ants

that's my dad he raped my sister

I love these damn things. They're like the computer equivalent of the mutation scene in Akira...

tcc version 0.9.27 (ARM Linux)
-> hello_world.c
-> /usr/include/stdio.h
-> /usr/include/bits/libc-header-start.h
-> /usr/include/features.h
-> /usr/include/stdc-predef.h
-> /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h
-> /usr/include/bits/wordsize.h
-> /usr/include/bits/long-double.h
-> /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h
In file included from hello_world.c:1:
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:
In file included from /usr/include/bits/libc-header-start.h:33:
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:452:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7: error: include file 'gnu/stubs-soft.h' not found
And if I force it to compile using hard floating point with -mfloat-abi or a __ARM_PCS_VFP define then it just segfaults. I just wanted to do some comfy programming on my pi with a smol compiler.

Attached: 1551774697210.jpg (500x500, 26K)

>What's your excuse?
It's not Raspberry Pi 4 B+, it still doesn't have 2GB of on-board RAM still, it still uses old-ass crappy-as-fuck and weak-as-shit Cortex A cores instead of CPU, and it still uses shit garbage that is HDMI instead of a GODLIKE DisplayPort.

P.S.
And it loses to Odroit in pretty much every other way imaginable, other than the price.

Attached: 70408905_p0_.jpg (720x960, 107K)

>GODLIKE DisplayPort.
you mean vga

Kys.

get riscos and program your pi in lua

Does the odroid even have hardware acceleration or opengl drivers?

if it were my choice digital video would be done over cat5

I'm not a homosexual.

Attached: 1551812953815.jpg (926x1200, 109K)

It does everything Pi can do, but it has WAAAY better hardware in the same-sized package. Like, it's LIGHT YEARS ahead of any Pi, for example in that it already has models with 4GB of RAM and WAAAAAY better CPU/video. It literally costs twice as more than a top Pi does, though. I understand that cramming quality hardware in a 35$-worth package is very hard, but for fuck's sake, Pi is stagnating just way too hard and essentially smelling it's own farts nowadays, as they don't wish to move along with industry's inevitable improvements and evolution. Like, 2GB of RAM is CHEAP AS FUCK nowadays, but these stupid fucks been shoving no more than measly 1GB in that shit for AGES. It's fucking DISGUSTING. Same goes for their inane refusal of changing fuckshit trash that is HDMI to a DisplayPort. Odroid has DisplayPort and is not afraid of using it. Pi is NEANDERTHAL in comparison to Odroid.

Doesn't answer my question. If I run mpv --vo=gpu am I going to get accelerated video or a gay software renderer because Odroid has NO DRIVERS. Can you even run glxgears at a high framerate?

Attached: 1552411192280.jpg (539x496, 109K)

VGA

At university. I ssh into my desktop at home and run shit off of it. I also use its GPU to render shit on it instead of my shitty 960m in laptop.

>Except they have shit software support
The rock64 has excellent support, which is one of the reasons that I recommend it.
>old ubuntu
Besides the BSDs, there's archlinuxarm. It just works.
And who the fuck runs ubuntu on a rpi anyway? Fuck's sake.