Now that the dust has settled. we can agree that fedora is the best distro

now that the dust has settled. we can agree that fedora is the best distro

Attached: fedora.png (1200x630, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems#Cryptography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now that IBM is in charge!

Indeed it is. Have a pasta:
Occasionally, fa/g/lords will sperg out about which distro is truly superior—usually Arch due to its "minimalism", Debian due to its "stability", Ubuntu due to its "ease of use", et cetera. All more or less incorrect, of course; Arch's kernel has an allyesconfig which is unnecessary bloat and counterarguments its self-proclaimed DIY nature, Debian's main meme is being ancient as all hell, and Ubuntu's everything generally sucks—from apt and its ways of handling dependencies to the varied degrees of bloat you get upon a fresh install. Yes, that includes Server as well for the most part.
In comparison, Fedora is about as fresh as a distro can get. While there is certainly a good amount of pros in comparison to other distros and by itself, these are only a few that are considered integral to its out-of-the-box, comfortable enterprise experience.

>Just werks out of the box
>Systemd is implemented nicely you it doesn't bother me that much like other distros do
>Same for GNOME because GNOME is tied with systemd
>Same for SELinux which is known for making things don't work. Never had this problem on Fedora.
>It is intended to above-medium users(like sysadmins, programmers, powerusers etc.) and not linux newbies(doesn't mean it is hard to use) so it focuses more on polishing the distro and development tools rather than focusing making it "easier to use".
>The userland is 100% free software which is good, the main repo has strict licensing rules so only free software gets there, which is good, but it still has non-free firmware which is also good because not everyone has a libre computer.
>Packages are compiled with hardening options like position-independend-executable which makes Fedora very secure
>Developers are actually either Redhat developers or profesional/advanced community developers and not careless basement autists or retarded SJW trannies that remove packages just because they have the word "boob" in it.

I like that pasta. Another point you may add that using fedora one version behind is a comfy compromise between stability and cutting egde, basically the best of both competitors). There's also a you in your second green.

Attached: 1543437928233.jpg (400x273, 22K)

fedora truly is the thinking man's distro

Fedora is gay as fuck.

ITT: fedora tipping neckbeard faggots

Attached: powered-by-fedora-tips-fedora-2422996.png (500x815, 109K)

No, Debian is the most stable, Arch is the most customizable alongside Gentoo. Install Gentoo faggot.

debian is ass
arch/gentoo is a waste of time

I enjoyed it when I used it. It has the best Gnome implementation. Although Rpm is pretty slow it definitely feels like a very refined OS. Honestly thinking about switching back to it.

I can't run rc.local for whatever permission
Fedora 29

If I didn't use Windows I would use Fedora. I like it a lot more than openSUSE

probably app armor?

xubuntu lts is the best

i use arch btw

I remember making this greentext on a thread about fedora.
Then yesterday I saw it in it's form of copypasta. Thank you for spreading the truth.

Yeah it's pretty great. I've been posting this pasta for a while now. Your points are better than the ones I had before so I ended up using yours.

Fedora KDE (not the spin which is too bloated)

cringe

Why would I use Fedora when I can use Clear Linux?

>install fedora
>nothing fucking works
>buggy as living goddamn fuck
>barely any fucking packages and the ones that are there don't work
Even fucking shit Gentoo with maximum rice is more stable and usable than this pile of garbage.

works on my machine.

works on my machine

works on my machine too

The name is so cringe though

Attached: 1550311030805-g.jpg (560x386, 39K)

Works on my machines. I used Gentoo before that.

Using it
Don't like it as much as some other distributions desu

Attached: file.png (859x732, 37K)

works on my machine, try not being a brainlet

Now that the dust has settled, we can agree that Trump is the best president

Bump

This. Also, criticizing Israel should be a death penalty.

Now what do you prefer and why?

Thanks, I'll probably use it too now.

Attached: 1542931382024.jpg (801x775, 349K)

rpm is not slow, dnf is

yes, centos/rhel for work. fedora for personal laptop

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-13 10-12-54.png (1600x900, 1.28M)

>has binary blobs in the kernel
>recommends google chrome
>can’t use strong encryption due to US export laws
>at the mercy of IBM’s funding

>>can’t use strong encryption due to US export laws
???

fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems#Cryptography

Fedora and CentOS both need to release WSL version (yes I unironically use and prefer those to dualbooting). openSUSE Leap is passable middle-ground but not what I'm used to.

>binary blobs because it offers you firmware so your hardware is actually detected
>has google chrome trough an external repository, BASICALLY FORCED DOWN YOUR THROATH DUDE
>hurr durr luks 256 encryption is weak mmmm cranyons
>red hat bad communism good
kys commie retard

Attached: you.jpg (1511x2015, 176K)

Interdasting

Someone knows which software exactly they mean? I guess it‘s not that important when nobody knows, but I‘d still like to know

Works unironically on my machine

No, Pajeet.

Attached: Red Hat soy.jpg (1600x1200, 258K)

> descending to name calling via shitposing
> believing it's compelling enough
Sad!

>Indian facility has pajeets
no shit dude

>Sad!
Sad!