Why can't boomers into technology?

Attached: old man trump.jpg (1060x1205, 487K)

>The Sassiest Semite

too jewish; didn't read

Attached: 1550714259556.png (720x704, 482K)

Arrogance and nostalgia for a "simpler" time.

Attached: WATER.jpg (720x523, 131K)

Like most of Jow Forums he also fell for automation meme. Guy has the entire arsenal of US federal government intelligence at his fingertip and still manages to spew out complete nonsense on daily basis.

He unironically is right on the always seeking to go one step further part. Some shit does not need to be connected to the internet, like those nike shoes that broke with an update.

>"kek, trump is dumb as fuck LMAO"
>can't even manage it's own wage

Another one slated for the gas chambers.

The amount of software and electronics on modern airplanes is astounding though

I work on planes and around this software/hardware combination, and I can tell you that these software companies suck at stability. On top of that, the electronics are all very fragile/unreliable and break constantly, while being placed in areas that allow minimal access

we had to revert out software update because the monkeys that made it essentially made the entire display stop working and digital instrumentation work intermittently

>like those nike shoes that broke with an update
did technology kill Zion?

Attached: zion shoe.png (1277x957, 1.77M)

I try to avoid these gliding metal tubes for everything but to cross large body of water. Slow drowning seems scarier than more or less instant death.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ALL THESE INSTRUMENTS THEREFORE THEY MUST BE USELESS, screams the boomer with a full diaper wandering aimlessly at the white house because Fox and Friends just finished airing

Is he wrong tho?

I'm gonna claim that electronics are cheaper and more reliable than equivalent mechanical parts, so really the only thing that could be better (as always) is people's engineering skills.

>Oh no this plane crashed because of a computer, we should stop using them
>Literally thousands crashed by humans
The same shit is going to happen with driverless cars and more people are going to die needlessly because of ignorance.

Yeah I agree. It's great when it works and changing out electrical components can be a lot easier(usually just a cannon plug connector). However, the problem is that just like anything else, what binds electronics together is software. Sometimes this is really well designed, the 787 I was in had its entire circuit breaker system digitized, modern OBD. Just like a car it tells you what's wrong.

Problem is it's all controlled by software. I'm not upset that a switch goes out because mechanical parts do the same. Electronics are honest, software is such a mess because so few people fully understand what is happening, and so much of the actual coding is outsourced etc.

Ban all air travel

The problem is poor software is killing people you doofus. Boeing used to have a reputation for being more human-centric as opposed to Airbus allowing software to have full control. Yes humans fuck shit up, but when your autopilot system or your emergency systems kick in and kill you it's kind've hard not to blame these bloated software companies for fucking up.

So what you're saying is we should hire the guys from suckless to design aircraft software?

Sure the software killed people but it's use has surely prevented a lot of accidents as well.

not in these past 2 cases.

Yes but it's going to be fixed. Meanwhile humans will always be about as shitty as they are now with minor personal and cultural variations. There's no way to patch out a pilot forgetting a check because they're tired.

Old man admits he doesn't understand technology:
>Hurrdurrrrrrrrr he's retard!

Moron millenial with no qualifications thinks they know more about airworthiness of a 737 than the regulatory board and calls for grounding of all aircraft
>Wow this is a smart guy smarter than Trump

Google's starting $700k salary is unironically hurting the aviation industry.

You're not on Jow Forums, you're on Jow Forums. Most people here detest tech ludittes that make false claims about technology they don't know shit about no matter their political stance or whatever else. Stop thinking everything and everywhere is like Jow Forums.

Only the dumbest shit stains use Twitter , even dumber people post Twitter screenshots

Things are getting more complex, though the amount of automation in things increases along side it. The planes crashed because Boeing didn't feel the need to state that pilots needed to be retrained on the automated anti-stall system now in place, which is a more complex system than before which acts autonomously. However due to lack of information pilots just crashed the planes on what appeared to be a failure.

Another case of American companies not wanting to spend money

>my dude
>my guy
nigger talk

$700k? fuck i need to call the recruiter back

>he says as he posts the Goodest Goy of the Year for three years straight

I love how evere possible slang is nigger talk now
it's like admitting whites have 0 cultural presence

Is everything the ooga booga man to you? Ebonics is a legitimate plague, but that isn't it.