How much of a danger is burn in on OLEDs?

How much of a danger is burn in on OLEDs?

Attached: 1551081921898.jpg (2000x1650, 1.45M)

it's real and noticeable, there's a reason it didn't replace LCD

>there's a reason it didn't replace LCD
The reason is prices AND people like you peddling this burn in meme for 15y now since the early plasmas

Attached: 1524866369460.png (645x729, 80K)

not much if you're aware of it

OLED TVs? Or other OLEDs (phones etc)? Because burn-in susceptibility varies between them.

tvs and monitors.

If you consume a varied amount of media and let the recovery/refresh functions run in sleep mode then it's not a problem. If you're constantly watching TV with logos or using it as a desktop monitor then you're going to have a bad time.

Anyway LCDs are starting to get close. Samsung's latest VAs are wide angle with a good FALD implementation and some reviews suggest it's getting close to OLED in quality. Maybe once Samsung put their micro full array dimming into their LCD TVs they may become so similar it's negligible to anyone except the home theater autists

I have a Samsung Plasma from 2014 and have no burn in on it. Even when I watch streams with static logos on it for hours, no burn in. I will admit there is a slight bit of ghosting but that literally only affects on white backgrounds and last at the worst case 20 ~ 30 seconds.

OLED should be better than Plasma in terms of burn in. As long as you change the background every so often or play games, you shouldn't experience any issues.

Well, all the current OLED TVs use LG panels, which are white OLED (WOLED). These can get brighter and are less susceptible to burn in than RGB OLEDs that are used in everything else. There's at least one 22" ASUS OLED monitor coming out some time, which is made by JOLED and will be using RGB.

The key thing to avoiding burn in on any OLED is to avoid displaying bright, saturated (red, yellow, etc.) static elements for many cumulative hours. So certain channel logos or game HUDs that fall into that category should be avoided.

Burn in is different from retention, which is what I think you're referring to by the ghosting on your plasma. Retention is short term differences that become noticeable but burn in is cumulative. Caused by the same thing but generally referring to different things. When they talk about burn-in people generally mean the pixel becoming outright dimmer over a longer period of time due to built up wear and that can't be corrected. Retention on an OLED happens due to wear too but usually people mean something short term that you can even out by watching something else or using the refresh feature because it's very minimal. There are people who avoid burn in with close management and people who just watch enough varied content that the wear is even, but it's a real concern for a PC user.

Retention/Ghosting, I call it the same. My Plasma will have a little retention of static images if I watch something long enough. It fixes itself after 20 seconds of anything else. But yes I can see it affecting PC users more due to a lot more static images. Like if someone uses Photoshop all day, browser icons, task bar and etc.

IR and burn in have fundamentally different underlying mechanisms; IR is caused by charge build-up in the TFT backplane, whereas burn in is the result of the OLED emitter (or plasma cell) physically degrading. IR is reversible, and even happens on LCDs sometimes. Burn in, on the other hand, is irreversible.

not sure what you mean.
>is burn in dangerous?
no
>what's the risk of getting burn-in?
100%, it will happen sooner or later. If not burn-in, yellowing.
Get something else, like SVA (samsung VA) or IPS (most LG screens are IPS). QLED is the best panel rn if you're willing to pay for it.

Her legs will never grow

My amoled tablet has really weird burn in and on all oled screens if you look close the colours move

I just want a mid to high range tv that displays great blacks and has low latency

enjoy having your desktop permanently imprinted you retard

couldn't this problem be avoided if manufacturers just let us easily pop-out the front glass panel and replace it when necessary?
Or would this kill all the sales generated by people breaking their screens?

Sniffs..........

The OLED is most of the cost of the display...

not as much danger as the burn in on your eyes

Don't get an OLED monitor. TVs are fine as long as you're not running some logo 24/7 on it.

>Don't get an OLED monitor
Not as if user has a choice, seeing as there aren't any

>fridge
Why are you burgers so obsessed with her?

?

I have sonyAF8
I never had any problems with burn-in

My S8+ has burn in from the address bar of my browser. Feels bad man.

my s7 have the notification bar, clover ui, and chrome, and keyboard burned in.
Clover and chrome mostly overlap in the same place though

She's remotely feminine

Samsung Q80R.
>wide angle light piping layer that gives it IPS or OLED like viewing angles
>deep blacks thanks to being a VA, and has ~90 zones of FALD
>low latency mode on at least one input
>quantum dot filter for near 100% DCI-P3 coverage
>super bright
>freesync 2 over HDMI for AMD radeons which reduces input lag too

The only issue I have is that it's not hdmi 2.1 so it won't be ready for 4k @ 120hz in the future.

Nice legs

>real and noticable
if you're an imbecile, which you are, seeing how you wrote this.
otherwise it's a non issue after years.

She really grow up to become the new Paris Hilton

and then she got fat