How can Jow Forums compete?

How can Jow Forums compete?

Attached: aynfrv4yiql21.jpg (1584x638, 159K)

>no Berkeley

rip

>pajeets
>women
No

Burnout Free!

>but my 50k a year job in bumfuck flyoverland is better than a 400k a year job in commiefornia after cost of living!
>who would ever want to live in that shithole?

Yep

We can't but I don't really care.

You're either born into wealth and connections or you're not and you're left fending for the scraps. Welcome to the 21rst century.

>acknowledging the fact that you've based your self-worth on your race and gender
Fixed that for you.

It's a nice place in terms of climate and natural beauty. Traffic is horrendous, there are a lot of economic issues that are getting worse, the gun laws are some of the worst in the country, etc.

Nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. I'd gladly take a paycut to live in a nearby state like Montana or Idaho.

Attached: 1528348240277.jpg (700x700, 186K)

Spotted the weakling beta too affraid of competition. Literally the only things you need to succeed are a work ethic and effort. Talent and upbringing only determine the amount of effort needed, if you put in enough you'll get to where you need to be.

You people are why communism exists

this but 100% unironically

If you offered me 2 billion a year with the condition I wasn't allowed to leave California/NY/Washington, I wouldn't accept. I would very literally rather be homeless in my flyover state than rich in those states.

I work about 35 hours a week, own my own home, and live right next to an actual city so I'm not really missing out on anything.
I make enough to own my car outright, comfortably pay off a 15 year mortgage, save for retirement, and afford any toys that I want.

I've been to the bay area many times. Traffic is horrendous, rent is astronomical, the city is overrun by homeless and their poop. The weather is amazing and you're right there with the biggest players in tech, but to me it's just not that appealing, especially given the cons. Additionally, very few people are taking home $400k there, and 9 times out of 10 the ones that are making the *big* salaries are working long hours. That suits some people, but I enjoy my sleep more than anything else.

I don't tie my personal self worth to the company that I wage for and how much they pay me.

>Keep working hard goy, you'll make it as long as you just put in the hours and effort :^)
There are wageslaves, wageslaves who make more than most other wageslaves, and then the actual rich who make millions a year.

>muuuh cuck ethic

Fixed that for you

Attached: realism.png (1609x664, 1.17M)

>want to work in tech
>want to have as little contact as possible with other humans
Where do I go?

Sys Admin

>If you offered me 2 billion a year with the condition I wasn't allowed to leave California/NY/Washington, I wouldn't accept.

Attached: 1527569095191.jpg (319x319, 16K)

Yeah that's a bit ridiculous, considering you could retire after 1 year and live in extreme luxury wherever you wanted for the rest of your life.

jeah right kid, get a job

more like this

Attached: fixed.jpg (2113x1491, 425K)

>WITH THE CONDITION I WASN'T ALLOWED TO LEAVE

are you fucking illiterate?

Leave during your employment or for the rest of your life? Your statement was ambiguous.

Tfw I go to one of those colleges and my grades were too bad to get a high paying SV job, fuck me why am I so retarded

Obviously I meant for life. Yes, I'd trade 10 years of my life for hell in commieland USA for 20 billion.

No, I wouldn't trade the rest of my life for 2b/yr if I had to spend it in one of those three hell holes.

Okay well that wasn't what you originally said so you apologize to the other user and to all of us for acting out

Apply again after a year of working.

Attached: 1535114290793.png (345x337, 142K)

I don't see a problem with wearing branded cloths, especially if you like the logo and the product itself that you work on. It's no different than any other branded shirt except that it's something you yourself make.
The company I work for legitimately sends me cloths for free that are better quality than the ones I'd buy for myself, and the logos for all our products are something I actually like. Obviously I like the products too since I work on them.

I go to Waterloo and this isn't accurate

Then again I'm in polisci

>work ethic
Dont you mean cuck ethic?
Prioritizing the profit of your company over the well being of society is not exactly what I would call "ethic"

Attached: 1550564174303.jpg (365x365, 56K)

This but unironically.

I am self employed, it's much better.

>Caring about the well being of society.

After 40 hours the OT money isn't worth the free time lost if you make a fair wage

and some companies try to salary you or make you work extra for free. My first year I worked like nonstop 50+ hours and in my second year I just don't care, and now have the skills/efficiency so my company can't guilt-trip me into it

>profit and social value are mutually exclusive
I get paid a lot of money and my work benefits a lot of people. I want the company I work for to exist and thrive since they're literally my meal ticket and they as an entity support more people like myself. More funds for them means more expansion means more support for myself. As they get more money, they employ more people and the work is distributed more evenly.

People need to stop pretending like just because you make money that your work isn't valuable to society. As well as stop pretending that the people who you generate profit for are inherently greedy and/or malicious.

As for the "stop working so hard!" crowd. The answer is no. Just because you're not willing to make the same sacrifice the entire species has made for all of history, doesn't mean other's won't. If people don't ACTUALLY work, then we as a society stagnate or decline. I am building a better tomorrow, and that takes effort. It's not fun, it's not easy, but that is real life. Imagine a world where everyone chose decadence.
Where the majority of people are not actually doing something but just burning the clock.

You call people with work ethic cucks, but the reality is that you people are leeches on the majority, and drive down the social standard.
>lmao don't care about your work dude, that's cuckoldry
>don't care about society dude it aint yo responsibility
>yang gang my dude, just print more money
When has this ever worked in all of history.
Until we have automated literally everything, it's not feasible and someone has to work towards that future. If we all actually gave a shit it would only come sooner. Limp lazy luddites should find and pursue purpose.

I legit haven't moved to California because I vote republican.

>Two the three years
Try every 6 months lmao

what are dating apps like in the bay area? what's it like competing with hundreds of thousands of other beta incels with the same job for a few hundred Indian and Chinese girls?

I grew up in silicon valley
It fucking sucks here, and it's gotten worse. Every prediction I made 15 years ago came true, it's a complete shithole now.

There is nothing wrong with this.

Do you know what a bad day at work is for me? When I get double booked for my massage and meditation.

Pretty much.

So that is why we got free dinner at 9PM.
Too bad is all cheap shit or the plan would have worked.

What about geographical location?

>hating on free food

Attached: 1551649899231.jpg (1920x1080, 84K)

>2/10 with makeup
>Semi-attractive

Attached: 1550765140292.jpg (750x750, 189K)

Yeah, unlike Jow Forums, who would never base their self worth on race and gender :^)

>not realizing you're paying with three extra hours of work instead

>3rd year Waterloo CS and half my friends have been to Cali already

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 94K)

Why would a polisci major work at tech company??

>nerdy girl
nice meme
>semi-attractive nerdy girl
nice lmao

>but my 50k a year job in bumfuck flyoverland is better than a 400k a year job in commiefornia
uironically agree

Who says i have to work?

>UW CS
>Friends

Good one

他什么意思

>Caltech
>CS
Literally any alumni I've met has gone onto grad.

I go to a no name school because I got a scholarship here, wanna go and potentially form my own startup but worried VCs will turn their nose because it’s not a “top 10 school”. Will I be able to make it?

i like company clothing too, but it's usually more windbreakers than t-shirts

A hundred times this.

You are literally retarded. For 2 billion a year I'd suck off the CEO daily.

You would suck of the CEO for free

Just go military sf

>Live in RDU
>Make 150k a year salary without living in SF/NYC/LA or GTA
>Own a nice home already
>Taxes are so low
>Can buy a gun without any issue whatsoever

I'd pick a medium-sized city any day over a large metropolis.

>muh guns

I work for a tech company. It's not a big deal. Money is nice. Hours are good, like 40 hours a week. SF traffic sucks but I don't work there.

Most importantly, tech companies are just regular companies. I don't think I'm saving the world, neither do I think I'm destroying the world like the far left and far right think. Like most big companies, tech companies are part of an overall good system, capitalism.

the biggest example of coping I've read in a whle

I’m 6 months into my first software startup job at 27. So far it’s absolutely amazing coming from a shitty Japanese automation company.

Company equity, unlimited time off, work from home, free delivered lunch, 150k compensation, $200/month health credit card, pay my personal phone bill, and more.

I literally work like 20 hours a week. Go into the office once or twice for a few hours. Today I had an hour long customer meeting, was home the rest of the day. I literally couldn’t be happier right now.

Jow Forums told me for years startups suck lol.

what do you even do for all that compensation

Startups suck. You could make twice as much doing the exact same thing at a big company.

I’m a presales technical consultant, which means I run the software demo and answer questions about it.

I hold their hand along with the sales guy until they buy. Then a different team takes over.

so you don't do anything productive besides sell shit

I've lived in LA all my life so I'm used to the traffic and whatnot.

Right. That’s why I love it. The code monkeys have to program all day and work. I just have a few meetings a week and make as much of more than they do. My position is entry level in my department, so 150k is the floor in terms of compensation.

Honestly the equity will be my money maker long term. Fastest growing software startup in history by revenue. Hoping to retire mid 30’s.

honestly impressive, but it is sad to me how little you work for that
not really worth being mad over though, I definitely couldn't do sales

I was a full on sales engineer in my last role. Sales can be brutal.

I like presales because you don’t do most of the actual “sales” part. Just act as a technical resource during the engagement/POC.

>asian AND indian
oh no no no

>I get all this compensation and do very little work, it's great! I don't know why people say it's so bad.
You're going to find out first hand why the majority of tech startups fail in the first year.

>Honestly the equity will be my money maker long term. Fastest growing software startup in history by revenue. Hoping to retire mid 30’s.
What company and what % do you have?

>no UIUC
also, RIP

Fuck 'em dude, just make a good product, or get money from relatives, friends, acquaintances before goings to VCs

Thats why seattle is better. Traffic still sucks. Its still high cost of living, alot of it is still a massive shithole that ranges from being a 3rd world country in one neighborhood to a super overpriced shithole made of marble and glass for the wealthy. but its no where near as bad as california

Attached: 1522252983761.jpg (640x480, 16K)

This is the reason I will never move to the bay area. The women are uglier and have exorbitant standards.

You know, sometimes i wonder if i'm missing out on that california lifestyle, what with the constant hype of that there are things to do... but i live a state capital, so it's not like i'm in a tiny town with nowhere to go. And theres plenty of things going on that work for my interests.

All the people who live "the life style" seem to be techbros who took some compsci credits for that fat tech salary and spend most of their time writing monkey tier javascript rather than a genuine interest.

I don't give a shit about the lifestyle. I come home at 5 and watch anime. Silicon Valley has low crime, and I save lots of money.

lefty/pol/ of course. :^)
They even share their hatred of Jews these days, as Feminism so beautifully showcases over and over again.

if you grew up in the valley and you don't have at least a 1M in bank and a Model S just kys already, so many people would kill to have the chance to have:

- english as a native language
- work on top companies with the best benefits
- study in the most prestigious universities
- travel in CA/USA or get to the beach after work and similar activities

too bad I live with my girlfriend in Italy and work remotely for a company in the valley

My job usually ends at 3, but I pop in at the evening to eat.

>wearing branded clothes
Yikes. Get some fashion sense.

>Waaaah! I'm so alienated!! Take pity on me!

Attached: 9fgpnk0odaf21.jpg (426x592, 68K)

Sorry Anonymous but I'm not interested in appealing to you specifically.

>mostly white asian and indian
so in your scenario one graduates from an ivy league school but still fails to grasp how a majority could be proportionately represented in any arbitrary sample?

I can't negotiate to save my life though.
And because I'm too awkward I don't have a network or whatever this is called.
So I'm just job hunting for small companies. Even if I were accepted in a larger one, I'd fade in the background and stagnate at the same position.
In a smaller pond (within a smaller audience) I guess I could shine by comparison.

I'm not a burger so I wouldn't know, but with higher salary, despite higher cost of livings, wouldn't you be able to save more USD in absolute value in california rather than in a flyover state?
If so, I would work in california, save USD and then go in a flyover state and enjoy higher standard of living.
I heard Euro boomers do the same thing. Work in France or Germany, and then go buy a house for cheapo in Portugal.

user, you're not getting into a ivy league school unless your parents bribed someone. That's the reality of it these days. That's why the west elitist are so corrupted and stupid at the same time.

Want to get into a Ivy League school? You better be a nigger so they can get diversity points or your parents better be rich enough to bribe someone.

They ain't even taking smart asains anymore because they classify them as whites and that's not diverse enough for them.

I have a semi prestigious job at one of the big companies (if you must know I do database work with Facebook) and I went to a community college in bumfuck nowhere lololol
I paid under $20k for my tuition all in, I paid that off with my internship money.

Little Bongo from Africa who cleans toilets has a work ethic yet he'll always be poor.

Yea it's fucking Africa dipshit

So Joe who's flipping burgers can succeed?