Honestly gnome is the best no bullshit oob DE experience that is also not stuck in winxp workflow, why hate?

Honestly gnome is the best no bullshit oob DE experience that is also not stuck in winxp workflow, why hate?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-13 18-22-09.png (2560x1440, 3.16M)

>not KDE
Bye.

>footfags

tablet-tier interface
javascript LMAO
second gnome shell just for gdm
single-threaded garbage everywhere
animations are not smooth
capped to 60 fps (literally hardcoded lol)
mouse stuttering, lock-ups, and general lag
very bad scaling
generally a ramhog for no good reason and runs like shit even on modern computers

seems like it has overhead
it's complex = it has lots of bugs
some are not fixed for years, like adwaita's gtk2

The worst DE ever
For me i3 & kde & xfce

please delete this post, it's not even funny

Footfags are the worst.
Fuck off.

You can get the same experience on KDE by using application dashboard and some keyboard shortcut tweaks. For example on KDE you can overview all your desktops and you can have desktops in a grid rather than in a row like gnome.
I have also incorporated window buttons into the panel and added a global menu.

t.former gnome user who realized that I can have a better "gnome" workflow on KDE than Gnome itself.

Gnome 3.32 will be released today, and none of the things you menioned are an issue for several generations of Gnome.

Gnome sucks dix out of the box, it can be made decent tier with a little effort though, not as bad as I used to think it was

gnome and kde will not work without systemd in few years if they keep going like this.

Excellent trolling, OP.
Have another (You)

the new gnome release fixes fractioal scaling, but only on wayland lol

gnome is already tied with systemd
KDE isn't

Because it's a fucking foot.

IMO, Gnome is great, but it would be better if it didn't use 25% of the resources on my new System76 rig...

>no blur
>no rounded corners for all corner and non supporting applications

If this gets implemented I'll instantly switch to gniem

Wrong. All wrong.

I do like the shell itself, but mutter, GTK and the entire set of default applications are utter shit.
nautilus is fucking garbage

I really like KDE (or want to like it) but I loathe the lack of testing and tendency of devs to program "the fun stuff" rather than fix bugs. The lack of regression testing is unreal

>hurrdurr lets add another epic compositor feature and move a whole bunch of settings around so all old documentation gets BTFO
KDE devs piss me off, idk why i keep using it

Attached: 1548870264111.png (500x500, 135K)

Attached: врети.jpg (500x391, 40K)

after unironically starting to dig the minimalism meme i have to say, no, both gnome and kde are trash.

Attached: 1504623526974.png (682x773, 136K)

Look at the absolute size of this shit.
You can make this up.

Attached: 20190313192157.png (234x188, 21K)

The insane consistency.

Wew.

Attached: you_suck.png (321x63, 6K)

Shit, forgot the image.

Attached: consistency.png (452x83, 10K)

>my new System76 rig...
go away lunduke