Just bombed interview AMA

Just bombed interview AMA

Attached: sad_pepe.png (1092x1037, 65K)

Cheer up fren

Attached: 4EE93C63-15EE-4FCD-9D6E-8F69ABC94983.png (658x901, 64K)

Position?
Why did you fail?
Did the interviewer(s) seem at all competent, or was it more like my experience? (HR manager interviewed me, weeded me out because I said I didn't take a C# class in college but I know the language)

did you die?

Next time make firm eye contact and a strong handshake.

Attached: fffffffffsdssxc.png (1000x562, 517K)

if you are not a white man apply again...and again until they are forced to hire you
if you are a white man there's no chance

What you learn?

dont worrry man, it took me and most other people several tries to get a job. I failed around 4 interviews before getting my job.

Attached: 1494574539983.png (633x758, 34K)

>HR responsible for hiring programmers
dodged a bullet

To be fair, she was just a gatekeeper to the real interviews. I believe there were three interviews after that with senior programmers.

Data Science consultant
The guy seemed competent.
I am Mech Engineer.
He asked:
> What are the thermodinamic laws
> Name three continuous and three discrete stat distributions
> What is SQL
> What is object oriented programming
> What is entropy
> If I had an array of names ordered alphabeticaly with my name, how do I get the index of my name with the least reads possible
> If you had to win a paper plane competition would you use a thinner paper or a thicker paper
> What is the angle between the clocks pointers at 9:45
> Among other shit

those are some pretty easy questions user. get an interview questions book you shouldnt have fucked any of those up.

I have no idea lol

Not yet

Thanks fren

Yeah they are right now. Unexpected in an interview it is different.
So explain what is entropy to me without going to wikipedia

ffs what was this for? stocker at costco?

I assume it was to see how I reacted under pressure. I kept my cool but it was anoying.

>Unexpected in an interview it is different
none of those are unexpected questions, I've seen all of those before, you need to study interview questions

Maybe not in a domain specific work but like this?

yes those are literally textbook interview questions nowadays, especially in data science/consulting you should have been familiar with them
I'm not trying to rile you up or anything here, I'm telling you those are really common things to run into
google the quant interview books like heard on the street, get the pdfs from libgen
then google common data science questions

>three interviews after
They're looking for good worker ants, doubly dodged a bullet.

it's common practice to have a quick HR screening before the actual technical interviews start. if you can't pass an HR screen you don't stand a chance.

>getting a roastie who did an arts degree to "screen" anyone
Again, dodged a bullet with any company that does this.
Major cities and big corps are cancer.

They're the ones that pay though

any kind of top company does this no matter how big they are, top companies get so many applications per position that it's necessary to have HR doing that instead of wasting employees time on somebody who doesn't stand a chance

they don't care if they overscreen because there's already too many applications even if they throw out good ones

if you can't handle it you won't ever be at a top company. and that's fine. but other anons probably would want that.

Accept the NEETdom. Based Yang will give us even more NEETbux so life is only going to get better.

like said you dodged a bullet. Any decent tech company knows how to properly weed people out and they clearly dont. I've never interviewed with someone from HR, not in a serious capacity. At most recruiters make sure youre just not totally full of shit

>So explain what is entropy to me without going to wikipedia
entropy is the measure of disorder of a system

based but

i would never apply for a job i'm not good at jobs its just not where i shine

Jow Forums is all maga boomers or discord trannies, the place is fucking abhorrent.
I think you can only appreciate technology as a NEET.

Every interview I've gotten first started with a phone interview with HR asking about general skills, you can even google shit as you talk to them if you're not retarded. Just don't fuck yourself like OP did and you're fine. Always follows up with a proper technical interview afterwards.

least your getting interviews :(