I am done with IT. Help desk has ruined me and I hate this field...

I am done with IT. Help desk has ruined me and I hate this field. I feel like I can't transition into Cyber security without a security clearance. Thinking of switching to accounting, at least I won't have to listen to problems my whole day.

Attached: 1477403393248.jpg (627x576, 153K)

Why can't you get a security clearance...?

Because I am not in the military.

you dont need to be in the military retard

I sincerely can't understand why the fuck would anyone want to work in IT. I did for four years + two as project manager and it was the worst years of my life. I completely changed my area of expertise. I don't earn as much money as I did (although I will probably in roughly two years) but I'm happy and comfy.

What helped you make the transition? I am actually done with this field, just afraid to start over.

You don't have to work help desk if you're in IT. There are other options.

I took the most extreme change I could find back then (went foreign military). Changed work, home and pretty much everything. It was actually strangely comforting and liberating - to just throw everything away, all-in, no halfway solutions. Also to change from intellectually challenging environment into physically heavy one was surprisingly good (painful too) as well. I found out then that everything is about a balance and that was pretty much what was keeping me unhappy in IT, apart from stress and just having to deal with fake bullshit and corporate drama.

When I returned, it was rather easy to get a respectable job - I now work as diplomatic security at embassy of a smaller state.

IT fucking sucks. Everyone hates you, no one understands what the fuck you do and corporate always thinks of you as a blood sucking expense. It really gets fucking old.

Get a job in the cyber field.

bullshit,
whiny bitch ass helpdesk peasants are the worst.
one of my coworkers whines about pay of 52k that he accepted offer for just few month back. like really why'd you agree if pay is not enough. also in your case you didn't even fucking google. you don't need to be in military to go thru security clearance. lazy bitch ass

those whiny bitches will cry about printers, user phone calls and basic tickets. how would he fare in a high stress situations mitigating damage from ongoing breach or plugging security holes in a middle of ddos on mission critical shit.

if you can't get out of helpdesk in a year you deserve to stay there forever or you need to change field

Don't need security clearance to work for a private info sec firm.

Damn did someone in helpdesk fuck your wife or something?

I get it bro, get out while you can
>everyone hates you
>everyone expects you to fix things instantly
>everyone is dumb as shit
>managers don't know what you do and think you're bleeding money from the company overall

If you are dead set on security clearance you are going to have to eat shit in the middle of no where doing phone support with low pay until your app goes through and you get your interview. Right now they are so backlogged on apps it might take longer than two years. Its going to be hard to find a company willing to sponsor you.

Then get a job in IT that isn't help desk.

>Thinking of switching to accounting, at least I won't have to listen to problems my whole day.

I have some bad news for you...

W-whats wrong with IT?

Market oversaturation of entry levels who are unprepared how luck base making it in this field is unless they are the top elite

lol, I'm kinda the opposite. I've always wanted to do IT for a career since I was a teenager. Had a knack for it long before I actually took any exams. So anyway when I was 19 I attained my A+ cert. Age 20 I got Net+. Life happened. Got first respectable job in private sector (non IT). Then moved on to state employment (non IT again). When I neared the 30 yr mark I went back and got a few more certs. By this time though state had outsourced a lot of IT. Few in state IT jobs left, mostly manger types. Which ain't for me. I like actually working with the tech, not telling others how to do it. So I said fuck it. I'll stick where I am. Only got 14 more years to go till I can retire from state w/full benefits. Also got a 401k and other shit so I'll be fine.