What is the best music player and why is it foobar2000?

What is the best music player and why is it foobar2000?

Attached: fb2k.png (1365x767, 257K)

>playing music locally
>2019

Just use Spotify you mroon.
inb4 stallman spotify spies on u etc tinfoils

Attached: winamp.jpg (1020x433, 95K)

gtfo zoomer

foobar2000 for Windows, mpd+ncmpcpp for Unix/GNU+Linux

you cheeky cunt

weebs have 0 taste in anything so your opinion is pretty trash, get on the new millenium doing what says

> oh noes my shitty anime music is not there
that's because you have completely detached from reality or what's actually good music

>Spotify
B-but what about my f-f-lacs?

do they have RAC or NSBM

Attached: 1550508618144.jpg (680x680, 113K)

> faking stuttering in text
just throw yourself off a high building pls

It's indeed foobar. Because it's great.

Attached: linda-belcher-alright.w190.h190.2x.jpg (380x380, 22K)

audacious because i dont use windows. it looks almost like old winamp too

Attached: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (431x450, 68K)

Audacious and Clementine. Anything else is shit.

Windows: foobar2000
Linux: Clementine

mpd. Even Plex, Inc. agrees.

musicbee is pretty comfy

Attached: musicbee.png (1080x1920, 2.08M)

MusicBee is better. Sad that it's not avaiable on Linux.

Patrician

Pleb

>taskbar faggotry
cute

>He doesn't use Dopamine

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (250x248, 15K)

Foobar is proprietary.

theres no reason to download FLACs.. 320kbps is good enough. You're just being weird if you do

Nice, you massive faggot.

Lollypop

foobar is based

Stop being poor and buy some HP SAS drives, store all your music as FLAC and encode to opus if you want to play it on your shitbox.

I cannot tell the difference between MP3 320 CBR and MP3 V2 with an ABX test but I still have a lossless collection. If you just download 320 CBR music, you can never re-encode the music to a lower quality without fucking it up even more. Having a lossless collection so you can encode to a decent quality for your phone while minimizing the file size is the way to go.

Winamp 2.95

>proprietary windows garbage
>streaming

Attached: 1550778076526.png (560x560, 289K)

autism

You turbonerds must have a very small music taste. Unless you buy terrabytes for music storing. And even then what a hassle it is to go through and download/encode it all. Lol. I pity you

>Weeb
>OP pic is all gook albums/artists
I wish I could be as stupid and ignorant like you so that I don't feel the need to know anything better.

N I G G E R S

Finish your thought: what is it based on?

MPD+Cantata on GNU/Linux

AIMP

>streaming...
Nope, I prefer my digital copy,
renting is for faggots...

>what a hassle it is to go through and download/encode it all
1. Buy digital album in FLAC
2. Follow link provided to download it
3. Done; as soon as my phone connects to WLAN, i can see it in my music player and stream it there or just keep it locally
Setting this up took about an hour. So much fucking work, user, i'd totally rather pay monthly to "own" a shitty encode on spotify. And the 10TB SAS drives really aren't that expensive, if you have a job.

>I pity you
i don't think about you

Attached: 1548588865239.jpg (500x437, 38K)

shut up

>FLAC
>24bit
>Greater than 44.1 kHz
>No font smoothing
>Classic windows theme
>Kpoop
get help user...

I used to use spotify until I realised it was keeping song files around of things I hadn't listened to in monthes, my spotify appdata was over 10GB. I could save more space having everything locally.

I used FB2k back when I actually cared about music, now I just use musicbee,

ncmpcpp + mpd

Attached: 410F63BF91634BC6991B631BB446BFF4.png (1200x675, 691K)

foobar is just to comfy

Attached: Untitled.png (932x888, 434K)

fuck off dumb zoomer

For me it's ffplay

Attached: ffplay.png (1770x726, 400K)

>just be a cuck user, why host locally your music?
Zoomers, everyone

how do you get spectrogram view with ffplay

I prefer MusicBee

Attached: ismart.png (518x767, 301K)

>no control over quality
>no control over format
>no control over library contents
it's the fool's choice

i store my music as FLACs and then convert to V0 mp3s for playback on my devices. i know FLAC is placebo for listening purposes but I like having a perfect copy of the disc I purchased backed up in case shit happens.

It should be the default when opening files without a video stream (unless you suppress the window with -nodisp). Also you can press w to cycle through the show modes.

mpv works fine for music.

thanks

Is it sad that when I just got linux I got QMMP and I'm still so attached to winamp I downloaded a skin to make it look like the bento skin on 5. Hell I even tried to get winamp working on fucking wine.

Not one cmus post yet?

Attached: cmus.png (879x691, 161K)

hopefully you dont have albums with multiple artists

They're all in a huge list under "Various Artistis"

absolutely based, how can anyone compete?

Why isn't there a single decent player with smb support? Why do none of them store Metadata locally so loading my library doesn't lag like shit

why bother with streaming services if you can literally download everything off of deezer

Because foobar2000 is the best!

Recently switched from Rythmbox to Clementine and it's a lot nicer. Still wish I could have Winamp back

>wintoddlers actually believe the r*ddit music player is the best music player

its this one that i like

Attached: 1548096332997.jpg (1020x637, 78K)

Yeah I made it look like that but just with the Bento skin colors on the right. They call it Bento Classified if anyone is interested.

Attached: qmmp-winamp-skin.png (854x359, 104K)

I use musicbee

Youtube to mp3 is better

>not using audacity

Attached: 1452170389417.jpg (197x254, 14K)

V. L. C.
Some people want to OWN their pirated music.

WinAmp

I don't use cmus, but I use a knock-off mpd client :^)

Attached: scmus.png (484x292, 14K)

based

Audiophiles are the worst. Just use youtube to mp3.

Attached: 1539063928853.jpg (3010x2000, 1.82M)

I don't see Mixxx posted often in these threads, but I use it for DJing

Attached: Screenshot_20190314_201807.png (1920x1080, 400K)

All you need is well organised music library in explorer and MPC.

Attached: 1488.png (1552x868, 638K)

>Really aren't that expensive
>$1000
More than three months my pay before literally any expenses.

>this
Also, music bee is ok if you dont want to set up foobar yourself

deadbeef

Puke... install mpd

I like clementine.

Wrong

Hell yeah

You zommers act like Spotify is always going to be there. I remember when I thought all of my memories were safe, preserved forever on the "cloud" that was MySpace...where are those photos and conversations now, user? At least have a hard drive of your favorite toons somewhere safe. You'll thank me later.

Is this bait or are you actually that retarded?

Attached: 1542466745757.jpg (300x301, 7K)

VLC is underappreciated for it's ability to have playlists.

>not mpv
lmao

the 2019th year of our lord and people don't use adobe audition to listen to music

Did MySpace really go under overnight, without you having a chance to backup stuff?

You think I was going to go through thousands of posts and pictures. It would have taken days, and I didn't have the time. Also, back in the MySpace days, I had a slow as hell Internet connection on a failing XP machine that probably didn't have enough storage available anyway. Also, they did just sort of announce that it would be going away over night.

So if what happened to MySpace happened to Spotify, you'd have plenty of time to find an alternative? Pretty bad example then.

Absolutely unacceptable

Not really. Actually it would be worse in that case. Imagine being a premium member and having a ton of custom playlists and settings that could never be ported to any other platform. You'd have to go from your comfy config to starting from the ground up.

You still could do it manually, even if they don't have an export feature. So not quite the disaster scenario you painted, it would just be possibly tedious to move from Spotify to local stuff. (Though in reality another streaming service would be a more likely alternative.)

Yeah, but the thing is you never have to worry about that if you store everything locally. You never have to worry about an Internet outage/censorship either.

I only started using Spotify because I figured it'd be a little more convenient than having to download all of my music, my internet is complete shit. I haven't paid attention to how much storage it takes up on PC but on my phone it literally took up probably half of my phone's storage. If I'm entirely honest, I haven't listened to music "locally" in a major sense in a long time. I used to have a portable sony CD/DVD player and I would use limewire to get music and burn it onto CDs, basically since then I just listened to shit on YouTube (unless you count turntable.fm, rip)

foobar2000 on computer
droidsound-e on my android phone

answer is because they both have vgmstream to play all of my video game format music.

Well there's other concerns.

Ayy lmao

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-001435.png (1080x1620, 1.21M)

Based LOONA bro

Attached: Screenshot (26).png (1920x1080, 472K)

you will never be able to convince me to give up local storage.