Be me right now. sysadmin of 8 years

>be me right now. sysadmin of 8 years
>youngest and most recent team mate is annoying as fuck to work with
>micromanages people to the side and above
>assumes im retarded and don't pay attention to what im doing
>ask him a question, and he uses the facepalm emoji and meedlesly explains the entire thing again in a circle. like im dumb
>steps all over my work and picks at details related to components i haven't started on yet
>lectures me on the importance of service availability, though i haven't made any mistakes since he joined
>decides to resign citing some frustrations he has with the team
>rest of team is chill as fuck. no egos
mfw

Attached: 1540385933495.png (306x306, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

silverwraith.com/blog/2011/07/so-you-want-to-be-a-systems-administrator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you have to be 18+ years old to post here

>getting dabbed on by a junior
lmao you fucked up bro. Shudda beat he ass !

>ask him a question, and he uses the facepalm emoji and meedlesly explains the entire thing again in a circle. like im dumb
How you didn't put your thumbs thru his eyes at that moment is impressive. That shit angers me to no end.

Attached: 1544618651431.jpg (880x442, 85K)

He probably ditched your podunk little shit job for a real corporate job. How’s it feel to be poorer than him after 8 years? Bet you feel pretty stupid huh. Bet you’re glad he left, he was probably going to take your job.

>looking at the deers face close up
A hearty kek
>looking at the wolf’s face close up
Woah dude not cool

who hurt you user

Sounds like old fogey over here is too comfortable, he’s lucky the young bull didn’t stick around to claim his territory, otherwise OP would be out on the streets.

Get your shit together OP or the next young Chad is going to fuck you in the ass and be your boss

i'm old, son. welcome to your future btw

tru. if this were outside of work i would have just laughed in his face. i have no time for that garbage

lol. this guy gets it

i wouldn't be mad. more power to him. i wouldn't work for him though. i would leave

Attached: 1520797071634.jpg (890x900, 243K)

He said sysadmin of 8 years, not 8 year old sysadmin

Attached: _astolfo_fate_apocrypha_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_pas_paxiti_a33a33e3ae5324388745795 (661x882, 113K)

Sounds like this guy's gonna make it big.

You wouldn’t have a choice, once your corporate overlords witness the power of the zoomer your ass is getting kicked to the curb bucko, have fun packet sniffing his iPhone XR from your cardboard box.

How does one get into being a sysadmin? My schools offers both computer science and IT degrees. The CS degree is obviously more prestigious and looks better on a resume being from a college of engineering, but I find the networking and hardware of IT more interesting. I also an interested in possibly getting into cyber security, and it seems like most guys in that field lean towards the IT side of things, with a very good understanding of hardware and networking that your average CS grad does not, considering they were probablydoing linear algebra with regressions in class and not soldering. Do you have any advice for me OP?

OP is an 8 year old stop denying it

experience always trumps education. once you have a couple of years, it doesn't matter what degree you got. fuck the degree.

i had an easy IT job while going to school, which gave me a little bit of experience. pretty soon i dropped out of college and went to work at a large company. i never needed to finish my degree. no regrets. i have never once been asked about my "education" during an interview, and i never ask candidates about theirs.

also, move to the san francisco bay area. the job market is insane. engineers are needed badly. make 90k as a ground zero newbie, and like 180k after a few years.

a sysadmin is like a surgeon. under a lot of pressure, you keep your cool and don't fuck up.

Attached: cigar.jpg (657x527, 36K)

It field should be considered a trade and thaught through apprenticeship.

While my schooling showed me a lot it was so minimal in impact compared to expiereince.

Yeah but 90k in the Bay Area is like, being lower middle class anywhere else Every job is like that

its ground zero newbie pay

you can live comfortably on that and put 40% income in savings if you're not fucking stupid and need a $3500 apartment

lots of people in san francisco think they need a lot more than they do

>experience always trumps education. once you have a couple of years, it doesn't matter what degree you got. fuck the degree.
Yeah, let me just get experience without understanding what I'm doing, why or even how. God I fucking hate retards like you spouting that experience is better than education. I also hate retards who fall for this and become minimum paid wagies who can't think for themselves to save their lives.

You need both. They go hand to hand. Just like how you can't just apply solutions just because you need their result, you need to make an educated decision depending on what affect will the solution you applied have and sometimes realize that the result you need isn't even necessary to begin with.

Back when I was interning in weebdev company my boss kept pressuring me to drop out and work for him. In response to question what would I do he exclaimed "wordpress!". Afterwards he posted on facebook and linkedin that you don't need degree to do programming and complained to me why there aren't any more "smart" students who aren't just code monkeys. Noped the fuck outta there the moment my internship ended.

Dey eat da poo poo

Cont.

But there's another side to this issue. IT, programming and anything compsci related is a farce. A charade. A joke. You get managers like in OP who have never worked in the field calling shots. You get marketers who fell for the buzzwords like AI or blockchain or crypto or scalability or etc. without knowing what they mean and now advertise your company's nonexistent product using them. Then, the ultimate boss comes along who thinks he's good at network management just because he setup the wifi router and outright dismisses any complaints that the network is fucked and we need a dedicated network administrator, then fucks off to middle of nowhere the moment company is having network issues.

Programming, development and IT is a joke and you should run the hell away from it.

Attached: images[1].jpg (225x225, 6K)

thats why you stay in school for masters and PhD and then you get comfy job drawing algos on white board

That doesn't fix the issue where industry is plagued with people who have no idea that plugging router into itself is BAD or haven't enough experience to make an educated decision

>get comfy job drawing algos on white board
Those jobs don't exist.

Honestly, this.
For IT degree is probably your best bet.
silverwraith.com/blog/2011/07/so-you-want-to-be-a-systems-administrator/
has more information on the subject if you need.

i have no idea what you just said. it just sounds like you hate your job. maybe you belong in a different line of work? tech is pretty stressful and people are generally retarded as you describe. im glad you liked college so much...

i can only speak from my own experiences. i didn't get anything useful from school that directly pertained to the start of my career. i'm not a programmer, though. i screen candidates by talking to them and assessing how they approach problems. education never comes up.

Attached: pepe_coffee.png (306x306, 112K)

Cont.

>silverwraith.com/blog/2011/07/so-you-want-to-be-a-systems-administrator/
good link

>it just sounds like you hate your job.
Hating everything is what gets me up from bed every morning, user. Everything is just fucked. There is no greener pasture.
>im glad you liked college so much...
Oh no. It was just as bad. Atleast I can speak in bureaucracy hard enough to get my point across. But it also taught me to research solutions before applying them.

why should one learn about networking and hardware if he wants to be programmer?

Because you develop for hardware. You need to know its limitations and what you can do. Otherwise you will end up leaking memory all over the place and claim that your target machine isn't good enough to run your code.

Same with network. You need to understand, atleast on the basic level, how data is passed between elements in the network, so you wouldn't end up exposing a fucking root console via http endpoint. It adds to resource management knowledge.

But it also taught me to research solutions before applying them.
funny, i learned that from irc while working my initial it gig that i mentioned. actually, i learned all my communication skills from being an engineer.

i think i get you, though. education is definitely good for society as a whole, and the trend moving away from it probably isn't good for us in the long run. its just expensive, time consuming, and much of the knowledge is sadly irrelevant to your career as a sysadmin.

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1055, 145K)

I actually have two years of information technology and systems and databases from highschool but don't know any prograsmming languages except HTML. Welp... ;^(

But I can't even work with people, so it would not be any use to learn programming and get a job as anything IT. Feels bad man

i have nearly eight years of non-professional linux experience why arent recruiters tying up my phone trying to get me in junior sysadmin roles 24/7

oh right because theres no such thing as junior sysadmin

>AYO LIL DONNIE

Oh yes in my country we do not have college. We have our 11th to 13th year of school in "high school". The next step up is university.

nice! so you just need any IT job at all... like anything... managing a small office or something. then you can shove your personal linux skills into it and make useless projects for yourself. stick those on your resume
yfw engineers are nerds who cant deal with people, all dealing with eachother

Attached: 1398626929063.png (250x167, 42K)

I'm junior software engineer and due to absence of sysadmin i'm assigned to deploy windows server 2016 service fabirc cluster of 2k nodes and also SDN network with software load balancer to support this shit. Am i fucked? Never really done anything related to network and SDN specifially, where even to start?

listen up you dumbfuck boomer, you can’t get a halfway decent job without a degree these days. College dropouts with good careers literally don’t exist unless they’re entrepreneurs

You HAVE to have a bachelor’s to get almost any job today. Doesn’t matter if its in horse ass sniffing, but you still need those 4 years and a piece of paper. That’s how ingrained the (((college))) meme is in the modern job market

>windows server
>Am i fucked?
you tell me, boss

Attached: 1538240285102.png (600x842, 101K)

well it's .net bodyshop

my mom totally agrees with you

use saltstack
start with the docs