Who in their right MIND would pay $2000+ US for a laptop?

Who in their right MIND would pay $2000+ US for a laptop?

Attached: 1552519911041.png (892x820, 567K)

obviously people who aren't you
/thread

Attached: 40BF04F4-434D-4D79-84CF-961896B89754.jpg (487x740, 127K)

People who need to get work done and also people who calculated the TCO

i would cop the 15" at a heartbeat if i had the cash

People who make big enough paychecks that $2000 doesn't represent a huge amount of time

I'd rather spend $2000 on a laptop with MacOS than $1000 with the same specs that I'd have to Hackintosh.

Get the 13 it's good enough for all of my dev work.
(Docker, rust, transcoding)
Unless you're designing layouts that extension room just equates to more weight on a mobile station.

Attached: 1551812210712.jpg (600x755, 82K)

Since we have a halfway friendly Mac thread going, should I update from Sierra? I have a 2014 rmbp and I've been holding out on upgrading to Mojave since the last few macos updates have been buggy

Only thing that's pissed me off is a laggy finder. Couple of older apps also lost compatibility, e.g. I was still using Photoshop CS5, but I was ok with that. It has darkmode, which I like and I also like stacks on the desktop.

13" 2018 pro model has served me so well, fine piece of tech.

only poor people and linux autists disagree.

Attached: 129.png (600x459, 477K)

If you watch Louis Rossmann you might end up with some doubts about its build quality. That said I also have a 2018 model and I'm happy with it. I've also got the extended warranty and plan to sell it in 18-24 months as I do not trust glued-together laptops.

I paid well over $2000 for my Surface Book 2.

Probably a bit wasteful but having the detachable tablet and drawing abilities along with a dedicated GPU all in one laptop is nice.

I paid the same for my T520 back in 2011. I replaced the battery like 3 times but it's still perfectly fine and runs about 15 hours a day since 2011.

You already made this thread a few hours ago.

The thing is, if you're a designer, photographer, programmer, etc making a good amount of money $2000 isn't much for your work tool.

>You already made this thread a few hours ago.

What is your fucking point?

>tool
weird way to spell toy

I got the 2017 imac for $3k, no regrets. Beautiful display, neat all-in-one package. Ironically, getting a 5k display and then similar specs to build my own computer would have cost more (I considered building before just getting the imac)

Upgrade to High Sierra, and not to Mojave.
Everything is so slow now, so much so that it feels like Apple has Microsoft employees working on their updates nowadays.

I intend to build a phallic shrine to apple. Truly the computer of the gods.

cool

I swear this board is more obsessed with Apple than people who actually buy Apple products

I would.
Laptops are comfy and being able to keep it for insanely long periods of time is worth the high price.

This guy

Attached: DC7M3XIUwAA_nwR.jpg (500x750, 96K)

guess who

Attached: 1551888148477.png (468x468, 140K)

My graduate school forced us to as part of our "technology package"

Agreed, have 15, next will be 13/14 for better weight/size combo for travel

I'm still using a macbook pro I bought mid 2010 as my main laptop, the only changes being an ssd and extra ram.
I estimate its TCO will be around 20c / day when it finally dies.

ignorance is blitz
living in a first world country with a negative iq is possible and trending

I hate poor people like you and I make sure to drive close to the curb in my Mercedes after it rains to splash poor people with rain water. If you can't afford it then go back to fucking school. Oh wait, it's too late, a loser like you who never concentrated in class will NEVER make it to my level. Maybe if you studied hard enough to actually get into a top tier university you wouldn't have to settle for some crappy knockoff and you could afford to spend a meager two grand on a work tool, you absolute imbecile.

good goys

retards. no laptop could possibly be justifiable at that price with that ATROCIOUS fucking keyboard. I tried it at an apple store and it may as well have been a touch screen it was that shitty.

>inb4 you get used to it
I’m no cuck, fuck off faggot

this. 2015 had the last decent keyboard. tried both so inb4 hurrdurr try it XDXD

Attached: 1551147139427.jpg (1056x720, 671K)

same macbook, definately update, all those laggy animatons got noticably smoother in high sierra. Did not notice any difference in performance between high sierra and mojave so update to it just cause it's newer

>mac
>work
get the fuck out of here

Someone who's making enough money so 2k isn't really a big deal?
You're image aside but if you are making money working on computer money you put in is called investment. It's to make those hours working more pleasant.

Same here. 2010 Macbook Pro, upgraded to 500GB SSD and 16GB RAM in 2016. Still smooth sailing.

Not that I'd buy a current gen Macbook. If the next ones make changes for the better then maybe it's upgrade time. But I don't get these guys saying $2,000+ for a Macbook is too much. If you need to do Apple shit then it's all good. I'd spend the same for a Windows laptop too if I wanted something good.

If I had the money I would buy one in a heart beat. I still have a 2012 mac with core 2 duo and still competes with PC's today.

The only good mbp is the non touchbar

I still have a 2014 laptop with 4900MQ and still competes with macbooks today.

women, blacks (payments/stolen/gifted), and homosexuals. that covers 100% of the apple market
you mean soidevs? LUL

>only $2k
*blocks your path*

Attached: firefox_2019-03-04_11-14-21.png (2076x1066, 289K)

>Who in their right MIND would pay $2000+ US for a laptop?
I would if I wanted one but I don't get the appeal.

specs good
shitty aesthetic

Reminder to report these threads where an apple shill criticizes macs so other shills can call him poor.

Attached: shill_spam.png (1573x710, 716K)

>specs good
lol good one