Attenuation

>Attenuation

The fuck is he talking about? Did he me degradation (from signal reflection)?

Attached: linus.png (477x473, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7CIlZIZB5k
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenuation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>me
*mean

nvm i figured it out

it's gonna be Linda's Tech Tips one day

>youtube.com/watch?v=_7CIlZIZB5k
>10G

da fuk, and i just upgraded to a 5G phone ffs

top lmao

Attached: 1528438958779.webm (768x432, 1.25M)

Look up the definition of attenuation.

sorta reminds me of myself
very interested in technology but doesn't have too deep of a understanding of anything specifically

Too busy building his media empire to get into anything too deep. As long as he has tech autists on his team, it's fine.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenuation

kek

And why does the brightness matter?

> the reduction of the amplitude of a signal, electric current, or other oscillation.

Show me any kind of attenuation that's dependent on amplitude and leads to worst signal strength than a lower amplitude signal.

He's holding a fiber optic transceiver, that should give you the answer

Because after a certain threshold it won't be detected anymore.

google was just hounding the level of intelligence he may have been displaying

they do that when other people like me kick in and aren't asking them for their autographs or whatever

Also that attenuation thing is just a threat to have your right ear and left ear hit with a sound thing. Something they can't hide now that the 737s are grounded but of course who wants to test it unless there's a big pay off ri-

You mean below

What the fuck is that creature

"After" is not the opposite of "below".

Help Jow Forums.

My fiber to the premises runs through the upstairs apartment and they keep bending my fiber. How do I kill them without getting caught?

Rat poison

Attenuation is signal loss over distance. I don't know what he was talking about but signal degredation can mean something other than attenuation. Degradation could be because of a bad antenna or bad cabling or bad receivers causing the signal to degrade.

Attenuation just means the signal levels are low. Like you can have a -8dB signal level and have no issues at all because it's digital. But maybe as soon as you hit -9dB your equipment can't recognize the bits anymore and you instantly lose all signal.

Literally all signal you fucking dickhead. What kind of ((())) are you?

Why would you have a weaker signal if you put in a stronger signal? That's what Linus is implying.

I don't know what he was implying. I read your question and got from it that you think signal does not need amplification for strength, when all signal requires a specific output per distance whether it's from the back of your PC or a dedicated amp.

That being said, weak signal can be strong signal. Docsis generally isn't going to be readable above 10-12db. It can be read from -12dB to 12 dB but below or high would be considered "weak" or unreadable signal.

Then it's unreadable because of lack of attenuation.

I read his quote again, yeah he's basically saying what I just said is that the light is too intense or moving quicker than the spec calls for. Just imagine flashing an entire book word by word in a second. You can't read that and neither can the node or receiver. Or if it was flashing at light 5000nits. It's just not gonna read it'll be blinded. I don't know much about the gritty details of fiber I haven't learned it yet but it's the same concept as too much signal. The dB equivalent is far too high.

But none of those things are "too much attenuation"

I mean you're correct but you wouldn't say this to another tech or network manager. You would say the signal is exceeding spec or that it needs attenuation. You wouldn't say that it's not working because it lacks attenuation. Even though it's TECHNICALLY correct.

It's like saying your car broke down because of a lack of combustion. But the issue was that it was flooded because the injector is pushing too much fuel. You see the shitty analogy I'm trying to make?

I agree the use of the word attenuation was wrong. It specifically describes a loss in signal. I was more arguing on what I had interpreted your first comment as. Which again was that signal essentially didn't rely on amplitude for signal strength.

shitty e-celebs are not technology

Linus is a media group not a tech company. Keep that in mind especially when taking their "suggestions" which are often sponsored

Attenuation means loss of signal power through a filter or transport medium. It is the opposite of amplification. Electrical engineers use this term in analog and digital signal processing.