Plan 9 has no use in the real worl-

>Plan 9 has no use in the real worl-

Attached: glenda_blue_gene.png (664x438, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fqa.9front.org/fqa3.html#3.2.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

-d

why would i care about some stupid rabbit drawings

No. nigger.

>one supercomputer somewhere runs it therefore it's a good choice for desktops

That's Plan 9 on a supercomputer.

I really want to learn Plan9 but at this point I feel like it's too late and that I should just wait for the younger experimental microkernel systems to come out, like Genode or for someone to do something wiht L4, Fuschia, etc.

It seems like people have already ported a good bit of features from Plan9. However the whole "everything is a filesystem" concept is fucking rad, especially since you can extend that to be a networked file system.

That sounds like the ultimate form of implicit IPC with no bullshit.

It's Green is my Peppered on pretty poorly

It's real! No GIMP.

Does plan9 even support USB yet?

Oh, you desklets and your laughable attempts to make your paltry systems relevant. USB? Any of a number of quality serial ports are preferable. Do you even listen to yourself? Do you think an aging tech like USB is going to hinder the expansion of the thinking man's OS? I laugh at you. No, I weep for you. To know that there is one shot at life and people choose to use a bloated platform like Windows or Linux instead of a blissful system that uses Plan 9. You are nothing.

I swear I've read these two exact same posts before.

Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 6 months: 6 MONTHS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to traps or whatever gay shit you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're "epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use Jow Forums). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.

wew lad

it is not worth learning, but it's the sickest shit i ever used
you can import the i/o from another computer on the same network, like listen to audio that's being pushed through from some other pc lol.

@70173095
@70173470

HaHa! Wow! Is that one of those "copy pasta" thingys the brilliant minds over at reddit told me about?

Never thought id get to see one in real life! How cool!

Id upboat you fine gentlemen but for some reason this site doesnt have those

Make sure you include me in the screenshot!

Epic bread by the way

OP here. Call it "epic" if you want.

Shit copypasta

Stop using @ moron

Call me when it boots at least on a virtual machine.

Didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to fall for that

Why would they run plan9 on supercomputers? I thought it was meant to be a desktop os with muh 'everything is a gui' and 'using the mouse is efficient' philosophy

Everyone "running" Plan9 secretly runs it on a VM. I've never managed to get a proper answer when I ask how to install it on bare metal.

Plan 9 is worse than snake oil. Plan 9 was created to make distributed computing look like snake oil. Like UNIX compared to Multics, it arrived years after working distributed computing protocols and is still worse. AT&T's "research" is inferior to what was already on the market and will always be, no matter how much time and money is put into it. It's "research" that results in an inferior OS, increases costs on every single level, decreases productivity, replaces simple solutions with complex problems (sometimes so complex that nobody believes they can be solved), makes things worse for users, and prevents real researchers from doing what works because of "compatibility" with horrible interfaces. UNIX and Plan 9 are anti-research that shit on 60 years of computer science. That's why UNIX technology like Plan 9, BSD, and Linux in 2019 is worse than what Multics did in the 60s. Plan 9 uses "tar" to copy directory hierarchies not for any "philosophical" reasons, but because the version of UNIX it was based on didn't have "cp -r" and they were not capable of adding it. It doesn't have dynamic linking because they weren't smart enough to copy Multics or another mainframe system that does it properly. It still has the same bc calculator and all that other UNIX bullshit. What sucks is when Plan 9 weenies point to something that UNIX does wrong and blame the entire thing itself instead of the broken UNIX implementation.

Yesterday Rob Pike from Bell Labs gave a talk on the
latest and greatest successor to unix, called Plan 9.
Basically he described ITS's mechanism for using file
channels to control resources as if it were the greatest
new idea since the wheel.

Amazing, wasn't it? They've even reinvented the JOB device.
In another couple of years I expect they will discover the
need for PCLSRing (there were already hints of this in his
talk yesterday).

I suppose we could try explaining this to them now, but
they'll only look at us cross-eyed and sputter something
about how complex and inelegant that would be. And then
we'd really lose it when they come back and tell us how they
invented this really simple and elegant new thing...

the only founded arguments you bring towards plan 9 being shit are the implementation of two easily replaceable utilities, and then you claim that that's what people take issue with and wrongfully blame on OS design
what level of cognitive dissonance are you on?

actually that's the blue gene in livermore and plan 9 never actually ran on it. they did some porting work but if you go to that datacenter now, nobdy's ever heard of it.

t. photoshop

we literally have a list of laptops we tested it on

fqa.9front.org/fqa3.html#3.2.5

Can you expand on "file channels" and "JOB devices"?

>fall for
You're naivety is showing.

Attached: ironic community.png (633x436, 166K)