Brainlet here building PC, it's hard to actually damage the mobo or gpu by grabbing them right...

Brainlet here building PC, it's hard to actually damage the mobo or gpu by grabbing them right? Circuit boards are more durable than they seem?

Attached: Remember+to+also+wash+your+motherboard+to+get+those+nasty+_df1c21ae1856de04845c768e4c547dfd.jpg (800x600, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9n9dQ3tMfQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The image that you attach is actually a good idea to do periodically assuming the Motherboard is more or less dry when you plug it back in, I'd recommend it since it's pretty hard to break a motherboard through water damage

Attached: 1552564002315.png (306x306, 70K)

Watch pc build videos. And yeah, unless you break it in half, the mobo will be fine being manhandled. Same with graphics card, just don’t fucking drop it and it’ll be fine

No, dude. Like, don't even take the risk, bruh. You need an anti-ESD wrist strap and/or protective floor mat. I've built a tonne of gaming rigs and I refuse to take this risk tho.

Thanks, will definitely try it! Upvoted !

I run mine through the dishwasher at least twice a year

>frog
wait just a minute....

lmao you don't need this shit. just handle PC parts naked on a tile floor

Rub its back real good uwu

unironically the best way to do it

Can't I just take it outside and hose it down? I don't feel like disassembling my whole comp.

AS long as you are wearing your livestrong bracelet you can lick the components and be fine.

Dry cleaning is always preferable to water. Sure, it is possible to save a wet board, but there's always a significant chance that your board or anything that it supplies voltage to will be zapped and die forever.

Use a brush and ethanol for "washing" it

youtube.com/watch?v=9n9dQ3tMfQA

>zoomers think water will fry unpowered electronics

Electronics are always powered to some degree because of the sheer number of capacitors on any motherboard

Caps don't store meaningful charge indefinitely and the big ones can be drained either automatically if the curcuit is built like that or manually. Just don't be retarded like the op image and remove the cmos battery.
t.unironically washed multiple dust clogged motherboards and video cards

ikr, fucking retards

That doesn't mean there aren't better ways to go about cleaning electric components. Also, the cleanup phase for water lasts a lot longer because you need to wait for it to dry. In humid environments, that can be a real pain.

So pay 10x as much to bathe it in a liquid with a lower evaporation point? Is your money not worth time?

Won't it corrode?

No, I mean avoid liquid if you can. Compressed air, or small amounts of alcohol are usually much safer.
Water can cause damage if left for too long, but nothing will happen per se.

Desktop parts ? Yes.

Laptop and thin client parts ? No, I break them all the time at work.

that fine for me my whole place has just tile floor
I didn't furnish my place :(

and subscribe

>dishwash pc
>all motherboard heatsinks change from black to dark blue

Attached: 1326319499779.jpg (252x252, 6K)

I've never broken a component by shocking it or using too much force on it. This shit is sold loose directly to people. They know you're gonna be handling it so they need to make it durable enough for that.

Not unless its salt water or you leave it submerged for weeks+.

The only correct post ITT