Best good looking-high end programming laptops?

So im looking for good looking programming laptops that get the job done and can run multiple virtual machines inside, which means 4-6 cpu cores at least and 16+ gb ram.

Im willing to pay from 1000-2200$. Honestly i would go for a macbook pro as i love macos
and how its user friendly and get the shit i want done but im not gonna spend 2k$ on a barely 4 core machine that will eventually need a new keyboard because that shitty keyboard wont last any longer than a year unless you are in some dust free clinic or some shit.

What are other good looking laptops? It cant be a thinkpad even if its the most fave choice
of this board, it just look like shit i dont like it.

Do i even need good GPU? no i dont im not doing gaming development shit nor play any games but apparently its a default on the good looking laptops such as razer blade.

I need good looking and possibly silent laptops which wont throttle like a motherfucker.

Is razer blade any good?

Attached: razer-blade-stealth-13-FHD-gallery-03.jpg (1500x1000, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blazinglist.com/top-10-best-laptops-hackintosh-2015/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get one of these:
blazinglist.com/top-10-best-laptops-hackintosh-2015/

I never tried hackintosh. Does that shit even works and if i link my apple account and shit will it recognize it as a macbook and i can use the app store and everything? I have a macbook air and i like the usability of that shit but im willing to go linux instead for higher specs

I use a Razer blade pro and it's been good for the 4 years I've had it. Kinda embarrassing to use a gaming laptop though. I haven't looked at laptops recently because this one is still great. I kinda fell into a similar trap on my desktop buying a threadripper and Asus Mobo, but again, they have been great.

Make sure you confirm that the os you are using will work well enough. The distro I use has been fine on the particular Razer I have. There are a lot of potential problems that narrow down the options if you aren't using a stock OS.

If I could go back, I might reconsider my choice, for the main reason that I do 90% of my work on my desktop. The laptop is mostly for emergency problems and writing emails or finishing git commits, or other work where I can put up with the laptop keyboard and small single display. I don't understand these guys that claim they do any sort of programming on a MacBook. I need at least two monitors and a full mechanical keyboard to operate near my best.

So consider what you'll *actually* be doing. For example, my laptop is great for compiling but I rarely ever compile there, my desktop is still serveral times better (I usually don't compile locally anyway). Virtual machines work alright, but I simply don't have the disk space to leverage them like I do on the desktop, I end up carrying an external HDD, or only having one vm on the laptop at a time.

Doing any work where I need to read docs or other code sucks with just the laptop display,

So considering all of that, I think the laptop I have is overkill. Still, it's nice to have the core features which make it good: support from the Linux kernel, an i7, 16gb ram, and 256gb ssd plus wifi

So maybe there are some things for you to consider.

Also, my Razer blade pro has no Ethernet or cdrom/DVD drive, the only ports are HDMI and usb (plus dc power). It's not often, but occasionally I've had to use a different laptop or computer for the Ethernet port or CD drive.

I've been using a Macbook air 13" 2015 i7 for the past year and i hook it up on a monitor via the thunderbolt to hdmi port and use it as a desktop with keyboard and mouse. I never looked back into desktops since then. Why get a desktop when you can close the lid of your high-end laptop and do the same
shit. Unless youre a gamer you dont need a desktop unless you edit graphics and shit. I love the no-noise part of using the laptop as desktop as i can just unhook a single cable and go anywhere with it.

Anyway:

Im looking at a Razer Blade Stealth 13" right now on amazon. It has 4 cpu cores 16gb ram it looks pretty standard for a high end laptop and i like the look of it. Now, i don't know what kind of keyboard it has or how the trackpad feels, i like the 2015 era macbooks keyboards and im hopping its similar. I could go with windows and run VMs on it for linux and shit just so its the stock OS and works fine. Is it a good laptop for programming thO? Like its 1,5k but i dont want it to be noisy since it has gpus for gaming im worried its gonna throttle like a bitch when i just open pycharm or something like i dont need a gpu at all i work with python i dont need it but you have to have it apparently.

Any idea about that Razer Blade Stealth 13 (2019) ?

Actually i just watched a video on youtube and that shit throttles by opening find manager. Is it possible to literally turn the gpu off or something cuz thats a reason to not buy that thing at all if its noisy

Don't. Windows has major issues with QEMU and VMWare.

What the fuck should i get then? I mean i love macos and macbook and shit but even if i can afford buying one i wont as the keyboard will break for sure and i dont have any plans on replacing shit on an expensive laptop within a year.

i love linux i hate windows and if i was to get the razor blade i would put linux on it anyway but shit that thing is louder than a desktop after looking at some videos and i DONT want to play games

GNU is your only option.

>i love linux i hate windows
Just go Linux.

It's just a kernel.

Dell XPS 15 9570
your price range will get you a baller laptop

matebook x pro

Attached: 1552155592731.png (851x814, 334K)

>i love macos

Attached: 1526616757572.jpg (996x954, 319K)

XPS
Razer
Gram
Matebook

Attached: 1537121925815.png (675x357, 331K)

Using a gaming laptop to program is pretty ass backwards unless you are heavily working on 3D games. Gaming laptops are generally bulky and heavy and they suck to take anywhere.

Nowadays all you need is an i5 processor and 8GB of ram to program pretty much everything profeciently, and you can even do with less. So my recommendation for you is the Surface Pro if you can afford it, and the Surface Go if you cant, mainly because they are the most portable.

Attached: 595401-microsoft-surface-briefing-12.jpg (810x456, 71K)

Surface is literally the worst line of computers I have ever seen.

>doesn't provide any reasons why

Do I have to? Fuck off, shill.

>iPajeet banned

Attached: 1537745014475.jpg (581x764, 169K)

No, I'm not, windope.

>Ching chong products.

>iPajeet ban evading

Attached: 1530460285291.jpg (480x359, 24K)

Nope. Nice try, street shitter.

THINKPAD
HH
I I
N N
K K
P P
A A
D D

Surfaces are pretty based, if you're willing to deal with winshit. I don't know how GNU/Linux-friendly they are.

yeah everything works i got osx on my x220, will probably have wifi issues using most laptops though due to the intel wifi cards that a lot of laptops use

Attached: 1548282741730486.jpg (1746x2328, 1.6M)