This kills the laptop

>this kills the laptop

How is it carrying that laptop around everywhere, user? Aren't you sad you can't just put it in your pocket?

Attached: img_5956.jpg (700x466, 34K)

Wasn't there a phone once with a pico projector so you could get a decent sized screen?

Not sure what you would project it on most of the time, still a cool idea none the less.

>ms keyboard
>android is
>vertical placement
Yikes

Imagine this with the folding tablet phone coming out. Holy shhiittt.

is samsung dex still shit? I can imagine the 12GiB of RAM s10 would be fine running it just for typing some documents.

>this kills the laptop

Attached: pepe_r.png (396x385, 138K)

Does it include the magnifying glass or is that a separate purchase?

>eyelet doesn't have 20/20

Neither does 95% of the world, ya prick.
And nobody wants a tiny screen.

Screen is big enough to do work on.

This is the perfect laptop replacement for people who don't do anything productive on their laptops to begin with.

Attached: sketch-1552663442721.png (1080x1080, 193K)

all you need to get anything done is an ssh client which is a perfect use for a mobile phone

>needing 12GB of RAM to do document processing

Attached: 1457651745957.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

How can I use this to remote into my mac or windows PC at my house?

Hardware can't possibly the issue at this point, my money is on Samsung's inability to design a good desktop experience.

I'd be willing to spend flagship prices to get a phone which was designed from the start to have a proper desktop mode. Dex is a step toward that but it isn't there by a long shot.

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro
Motorola Moto Z with projector mod

>this kills your eyesight

> carrying that laptop around everywhere
Why? I own 4 PCs, not counting the server equipment.
- work PC (when I leave my job, I'll take everything with me)
- home PC (Windows-based just for games)
- home laptop (Linux-based because it's better for work)
- business trips laptop (Windows Thinkpad because you never know what legacy crap expects you in the field)
BTW thanks Jow Forums, T420 is solid.

I digress. There's no need to carry equipment around, maybe that setup in the OP is good for poorfags and promo materials, I'm good with having a 4K 32" display, won't go back to triple 1080p.

Luminosity is a problem for small projectors. Don't expect a useful decent sized image in a room with windows.

It will kill your eyesight first

I don't think you have any idea why people actually like laptops...

Um how do I dispose this on my lap?

Which stand is that? Looks neat.

Are there any ways of outputting my phones display to a larger display?

got a note 8 last week
can i do the desktop experience thingy?
is it gonna be worth it?

Tbh a folding phone and a keyboard like that wouldn't be so bad.

Folding devices may be the first step towards this. Currently there is no compelling one-device-for-everything experience, unless you're a CEO of a relatively stable company and your job consists of yelling into your iPhone.

>laptop faggots are so fucking dumb they don't get the OP

Can't you do some weird shit and get Ubuntu to actually run in place of DeX?

Yes. You can literally install Linux on any android device without root. AnLinux and UserLAnd are simple as fuck to set up.

Wrong. It's called Samsung Dex with Ubuntu installed.

Attached: linux-on-dex.jpg (980x620, 65K)

might i add its actually officially supported
applefags and all the other types of fags btfo

>tiny screen
>horrible touch optimized mobile OS
>cannot be used on lap
>awful split sub-100% key pitch keyboard
I use a similar setup on the go when I don't have to do anything complicated and it works acceptably, but there's really not enough desktop space and the finger UI is less than optimal for pseudo-desktop use. So it's not replacing real computers anytime soon.

Imagine being so shallow that a device straight out of Idiocracy seems to fulfill all your needs.

That would be Windows 8.

Attached: f9201b856ba39ba0fe26e1fef16191ad.jpg (340x411, 30K)

And any app drawer which Windows 8 tried to imitate.

App drawers typically used normal app icons, not large colored blocks with white glyphs, and weren't full screen with giant tiles.

You don't even need an external keyboard and stand. I've written essays and sshed into my server just fine. Taking notes with drawings is impossible on a small screen though. Don't buy a Note phone if you want to take notes. Get a tablet instead.

Thinkpad for legacy? What do you meanby this? (the i/o?)

Very nice.

*squints*

What kind of zoomie do you have to be to like that tiny screen, hell, i hate my 6.3" phone and barely use it to do anything

Attached: zoomygif.gif (600x452, 77K)

It's big enough for writing text and surfing the web, zoomers arent faggot who need 17" displays to lose at fortnite.

imagine if the screen was something like 13-15" and the keyboard was full sized and attached in such a way that it didn't move about

get with the times gramps, the future is now

Attached: DevFhs5XkAEIcbU (1).jpg (1200x675, 166K)

>squint
>lean forwards
>strain on back and eyes
Nah.

total kill wtf

Attached: crop-socuteimelt.jpg (3629x2419, 2.24M)

In 10 years something like this will kill the laptop. The tech isn't quite there yet though.

Attached: hololens 2.jpg (1600x900, 73K)

>need a monitor and display adapter
>need a separate keyboard and mouse
>it's remote control desktop and not run directly on the phone so you need to connect to internet for it to work
Why not just buy a x86 tablet and install Linux on it?

Attached: 20181217_133837_v1.jpg (980x620, 47K)

You can make a DYI-proyector using pizza boxes and lenses. The downside most smartphone screens dont have enough luminosity

Attached: hulk.jpg (698x628, 178K)

I prefer using my Palm for that, it actually has a usable and portable keyboard with real keys and applications that aren't designed for Facebook toddlers with huge fingers.

Attached: 41JKT4G0K4L._SX466_.jpg (466x325, 19K)

That's the SHIT
Waiting on someone to continue Razer's idea (the phone to laptop thing) into a Samsung phone.

I attempted writing papers with this while in college in the early 2000s. It wound up in my drawer because composing documents on such a tiny screen is stupid.

Attached: 41Z88W3QPDL._SX300_QL70_.jpg (300x227, 11K)

I thought the Surface laptops did things to make installing linux harder than usual.

Make it a decent tablet and I will be inclined to believe you.

The new foldable phone would be perfect for this.

Make x86-based tablet with matt screen, good battery life, better keyboard than those "bluetooth keyboards" and touchpad. Also I need some ports. Oh wait, that's ThinkPad X1

Nah. It did nothing but newer ubuntu drivers seem to fuck with Surface so it can't boot to live USB properly. Install older version of ubuntu then upgrade or just pick another distro, Fedora just werk for me.