I need some advice, guys. My old video card is starting to shit itself, and I'm looking to upgrade

I need some advice, guys. My old video card is starting to shit itself, and I'm looking to upgrade.

I have three 4K monitors & one HDMI monitor that I need to run. Gaming isn't a priority, since I haven't played a computer game in probably 5 years. If I did play a game, it would probably be something a few years old or maybe something a little more modern but in 1440p.

Choices are narrowed down to a RX 570 or a GTX 1660 Ti. Good choices? Anything else I should consider?

Attached: video.jpg (650x365, 51K)

P.S. would rather not jump on the RTX train yet until I spend more time gaming or raytracing becomes a thing or prices come down from outer space or d) all of the above

bump

RX 570 for proper GNU/Linux drivers that respect your freedom.

Should've mentioned it's Windows, but that's good information in case I ever want to switch, which I probably should

mmm.... could you sell one monitor and get a 1070 or 1080?
Do you really need 4 monitors?
2 or 3 are a sweet spot.

Doesn't a 1660Ti benchmarks about as good as a 1070 on most games?

I'm a day trader, so the extra screens help

>RX 570 or GTX 1660Ti

That's quite a discrepancy in the cards you've chosen. 1660Ti is much more capable but also much more expensive.

I'd still recommend it though because if you even dabble in games at all over the next few years it'll be miles ahead of the RX 570. Maybe split the difference with a base 1660 non Ti.

The one with more VRAM.

Plz sir, radeon VII GPU king 16 gigabytes.

I wasn't thinking quite that far, but RX 570 is available with 8 GB.

Also even an RX 590 is far cheaper than a 1660 Ti, so I don't know why the RX 570 is even up for debate.

RX 590 is a power chugging housefire for the performance it offers. Buy anything but that. And 8gb RX570 is a meme card.

If you want a cheap card and for some unknown reason absolutely have to have 8gb of VRAM then just get an RX 580.

>for some unknown reason
You mean besides having three 4K monitors?

You'll be happier with the 1660 in the long run.

On one hand I just want a card to show charts on a bunch of monitors. On the other hand, what about the 0.00001% chance I want to play a computer game? Hadn't considered a base 1660 - strongly considering now, because that's sound logic.

What's wrong with the RX 570?

Day trading, mostly. Probably didn't need 4K, but I figured I'd feel like an idiot 5 years from now if I bought 1080p monitors.

Powering 1 4k monitor is currently using about 800mb on my video card. Don't be a retard.

Current votes:
RX 570 = 2
GTX 1660 = 2
GTX 1070 = 1
RX 580 = 1
GTX 1660Ti = 0

Yeah, that's just powering it. Try playing a game on even one of them.

I'm well aware of the memory costs of playing games at 4k.

If this guy has a fucking RX 570 he isn't going to be playing games at 4k or 1440p regardless of what monitor he has though because the thing can't power it despite having 8gb of VRAM. Hence putting 8gb on a card that weak being a meme.

RX 570

If you're daytrading it means you're trying to gain money, not lose it. Maybe spend $5 more to get an overclock version of you don't don't it.

Nobody gets rich in a trade by overspending on tools.

You're making a lot of sense. If I ever get more into gaming later on, I could always buy a bigger card maybe when the RTX prices are more realistic. $130 for the RX570 isn't worth losing sleep over, and it should still run the older games I haven't played yet.

1160ti or wait
1080 Ti used isn't much more

Waiting isn't an option, since my current card is failing.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable taking a chance on a used 1080 Ti. Those cards came out right before crypto mining was at its peak, so there's no guarantee you'd get a card that wasn't run at 99% 24/7.

Used 1080ti or bust value wise 1160ti is good but it's barely 1080 performance