Careers/Jobs/Studies

Lets have a thread about tech careers and studies.

>What did you study?
>What's your job currently like?
>Are you satisfied with your current job?\
Tech jobs are technology

Attached: __original_drawn_by_sho_sho_lwlw__99ed30f5c0f984cc581269936485dc14.jpg (1963x2000, 429K)

neetdom
great
yes

*sniffs ops feet*
I studied neetdom
sniffing cute girls feet
yes

>sniffing cute girls feet

Attached: file.png (1200x889, 1.33M)

i want to lick cute girl feet

CompSci
Stressful but the pay is great and I get to watch animu while working
Could be better but whatever I guess

>Stressful
>I get to watch animu while working
what?

I have two screens and I play animu in one and work in the other.
Also the workload isn't steady, and in days without much job I just vidya or watch movies or shit.
But if there's a lot I usually stay late in the office and stuff.

>Graphic Design
>Shit but at least my side freelance projects are kinda neat atm
>Main one? No

Semi related, working with Koreans is hell.

>What did you study?
software development
unemployed. still can't find a job since graduating
>Are you satisfied with your current job?
i want to die

>What did you study?
I got a worthless degree, no connections and no social skills.
Almost 30, never had a job.
I've never been so depressed. I'm going crazy

Any anons here that work from home? What kind of work do you do, and how did you get into the position of working from home? My background is in cybersecurity, would I be able to find remote jobs in that career field?

Attached: 1523722214061.jpg (1024x576, 94K)

which degree did you get?

>what did you study?
nothing yet but i'm planning going to college so i can have a degree in Computer Systems
>what's your job currently like
I'm a technician in refrigeration( fridges, A/C, ice machines)
I'm fed up, but learning a handyman job is highly rewarded i haven't pay for a electric job or plumbing again in years, i just have my mind more focused in computers

civil engineering
no clue, starting next week
have yet to start but seems promising (blockchain startup)

It is possible to learn yber security online?
It will be possible to find a job then?

Computer Science
Incoming software engineer
Can't wait

>>What did you study?
Nothing, I'm straight out of high school
>>What's your job currently like?
Web apps on a pure JavaScript tech stack
>>Are you satisfied with your current job?
Extremely, as for someone without education and experience I earn above the median wage in very good conditions.

I do it sometimes if I can't be bothered to drive to the office. It's offered straight out of the box in my company though you're expected to show up once every so often. There were some people who just fucked off abroad for a month and worked from there, in winter especially.

Linguistics.
I really wish I could get into programming or graphics design, or maybe 3DCG, but when I look at job requirements, I realize I would have to spend 5-10 years just to become employable. Shit sucks. Being a NEET must be awesome when you're inspired about a hobby or something. But in my case, I can only feel shame and hopelessness.

IT
Neet
FUCK PORTFOLIOS

>PhD in math
>$300k starting
>guy counting lots of dollar bills.jpg

>What did you study?
Computer science at an online college.
Amazing. The work I do actually matters and it's challenging and I'm learning a ton. Everyone on my team is crazy knowledgeable and helpful.
Yes, absolutely. I will likely leave in 1-3 years though.

software engineering
currently NEET lol
Should i take a job in Go or Java?

>What did you study?
At an IT in Dublin
I work in retail pharmacy at the moment, I do basic sales assistant shit and I am the basically the IT guy.
No, I am tired of it.
It was a fun cozy job I graduated college 2 years ago and I could have moved on to better things but this job was comfortable, fun and payed really well.
I am a 10 minute drive away from work which a big boost, any other job I seek would be at least a 40+ to the cities.
But in the last year or so I have gotten really fucking bored and every month or so I get more and more duties and responsibilities which is one reason I wish to leave.
It was far to chaotic and random, I have no time to properly complete my duties and get in trouble for not doing so, I get promised time and structure but it never happens.
My manager has began to bully me.

I have began applying for desk support jobs in large companies, I enjoy being the IT guy.
It may not be as fun or comfortable as my currency job.
I will become a faceless cog but Ill have a set amount of duties to do and get payed more so fuck it.

I studied Psychology at a good university from 2005-2008. Then I was prolonged NEET, then I worked in a factory, then I did telesales, now I'm one of you.

It's a good place to work but it's a dead end; I do IT support, mostly with web hosting, and we're such a small company that I get to do everything (yay) but I will never get promoted and nothing will ever change unless someone above me quits, and if that happens the whole company will probably collapse.

Never give up, nigga. Get a CompTIA A+ (ignore the spastics here who say you need a CCIE or you're nothing; they're full of shit) and that certification will, eventually, get you a shitty job. You can work up from there. Alternatively, just work in a warehouse or something until you feel motivated to sort your shit out. I remember being in your exact position when I was 22, and the key is to just apply for every job going. Someone will hire you, and then you're normal at last. If you don't like that job, you can quit. There are jobs out there which will hire anyone; you just need to find one. If you get the CompTIA A+, you're already ahead of all the shitty NEETs and retard students who post here and have no clue about anything, and when it comes time for companies to hire someone, they'll hire you instead. It took me till I was 28 to get a "real" job, but I'm 31 now and you'd never guess I spent a combined total of about 4-5 years of my 20s being NEET. Get a job next year, and before you're 35, you'll be just like everyone else. Nobody's going to do it for you; you just have to plod through the motions and hope. But if you don't do that, you'll waste your whole life. Apply for one job, right now. Do it. They probably won't hire you, so what do you have to lose? I believe in you. I know you can do it.

Penistration testing is a faggy job that pussies can do from home.

Attached: philosoraptor zebra extinct.jpg (451x436, 60K)

Any advice on studying for CompTIA?

There's a website called Professor Messer which has lots of videos for free. If you decide to pay for a course, don't bother paying for all the training materials for 50 different certifications; you won't even look at most of them.

You can also buy broken old computers off the Internet for really low prices and take them apart to look inside and get a feel for computer repair, but they've changed the syllabus since I did it so that might no longer be needed. If the new curriculum includes anything on virtualisation, download VMWare Player and use that; it's free.

And seriously, honestly, truly, do not listen to Jow Forums posters who say you can do it in two weeks because it's easy. There's a lot of shit to learn, especially if you do not have daily exposure to it from work. I was an extreme case of lazy worthlessness, but it took me over a year.

>polsci 1st year drop out
>NEET who makes money off boomers by selling them WordPress websites and emailing tv licence letters
>old job was PA, £23k for 9/10 hours a day.
Fucking dog shit I want at least £40k for 9/10 hours a day so that's what I'm searching for as pa/ea.
Past 4 months of NEETdom has spoiled me though, so comfy I even learned some java, but I want to travel and shit and fuck expensive hookers too.

Attached: 1487381769485.jpg (2774x1993, 483K)

engineer for a glass company, I know and make all of the smart phone glass.

Only make 100K a year though

>Only male 100k a year though
fucking cunt I'd kill got that money
How much is your rent though

Biology (didn't finish)
Ophthalmic technician and small practice medical-centric ITA
It's OK. Pay isn't great. Hour are long. Benefits are good

I finally am in a financial situation where I can drop down to part time and go back to school but I have no idea what I should study. I'm not going to find a career in bio. I can't think of anything I'd be good at which would also provide better opportunities.

Attached: 1552021311796.jpg (870x1024, 89K)

Are you good at math

>What did you study?
Earth Science
Spatial data entry
S'aight

>only 40k for 9-10 hours a day
If a company wants me to work for 10 hours a day for 40k let alone 23k I'd tell them to promptly fuck off and never bother to contact me again.

I'm sure I could pass courses if I studied hard, but I wouldn't do amazingly well. I actually *like* math, but the way it's taught in school, grinding through equations and being graded on your accuracy, is frustrating because I am slow and tend to make a lot of mistakes until I get something right

> EE
> work a software job at $(modern_tech_company) i get paid well and dont work many hours. ppl seem to respect me (who knows why) and my coworkers are cool. all my reviews have been positive so my lack of effort hasnt affected anything (yet)
> i know i have a GREAT job, but it alot of it seems pointless IMO. it just feels like a huge circle jerk most of the time. idk if this is the same across all software jobs but im getting sick of it. have considered downgrading to a generic IT/sysadmin job just to move to a less annoying field. each day i get more annoyed of the job and make even less of an effort

Bruh £23k ($30.6k) and 9/10 hours a day is pretty standard for you first job if you don't have a degree or daddy's contacts, heck most get £18k ($24k) and OTE commission. Also 9/10 hours is official but knowing these starting roles you'll be there 12 hours.
But I agree it's complete shit especially given how expensive rent is and how shit the apartments/rooms are, which is why I will only settle for £40k now ($53k)

>Blockchain Startup
>Promising
I didn't know it was 2016

Well if your good at math and like math try actuarial science. Friend majored in that and is now making bank, travels around all the international finance centers too so it's pretty interesting

770USD, saving for a house

But I'm on a plane or in some tropical country, like Taichung half of the year.

What do you do and make?

Attached: 1548900711631.jpg (426x454, 118K)

Fuck work. Fuck education. Fuck people.
It's all bullshit, Jow Forums, anime and pancakes is all I need.
Also fuck mods.

Attached: 1544140555669.jpg (931x720, 39K)

Besides necessity from desperation (my mom already pays for my food, no urgent need to work right now), what does a shut in NEET do to shake off the autism? I can't see myself being anything other than self-employeed when I grow up (I'm 23) because I have nothing other than a highschool diploma to show off, but god damn is it hard to actually get anything done.

Im a sales assistant who spends 11 hours a day cold calling or on my feet trying to sell brands for 20k bongbucks per annum which is 1,400 bongbucks a month after tax, so roughly $1860 a month and rent is $1000 for a room in a shared apartment.
I might run away into the woods or something

>What did you study?
Am studying IT-Manager (Ba). Sounds retarded? It is. But it pays really well if you know your shit and can program.
I was hired as a "Project Manager" and am the "boss" of the only other "IT guy" they have which is another student that studies general CS. Our job was to rewrite the automation software the company uses for their chem plants, cause the one they used was an eldritch abomination of 20 year old legacy code that barely worked. Nowadays I am kept around with the other guy to rebuild the company network and just "make sure that everything runs when we need it". I basically handle everything IT and share the odd IT support needed with the other guy.
Considering my pay (6k€ / month) as a 4th semester student, my boss being friendly and having basically total freedom to do what I want as long as it is "reasonable" aka doesn't cost the company tons of money I am as happy as I reasonably could be around here.

Smellfaggs are the WORST section of foot fetishism. You're the reason why everyone laughs at us.

dont worry you're all getting the rope anyway

Feetfags are subhuman sniffing or not.

Compared to all the other fetishes someone could have, feet seem incredibly mundane.

anyone else good at math but terrible at programming?

Attached: tumblr_mu3wdlGZdo1sgh4k9o1_500.png (497x480, 218K)

Sure. But fucking disgusting nonetheless.

Here's a tip: travel more to other towns and cities and learn about what each area specializes in. After you do that write everything down and think about where you would make the best fit.

Also don't be afraid to ask friends and family for jobs prospects, that's how my dead beat uncle went from being a factory "picker" to a job stocking vending machines.

>that's how my dead beat uncle went from being a factory "picker" to a job stocking vending machines
Is that really an upgrade?

You´re fucking kidding?
I never undestood people like you. I guess you´re just a lazy fuck and a gifted person in math.
For me it is the other way around.
Good thing about programming is you get instantly feedback.
But sure, not everybody is capeable of writing quality code

Vending machine stocker probably has better long term job prospects than some factory guys about to get automised.

I live in London, its my best bet for having a job. No friend or family either. I'm thinking of applying for the military honestly since no degree really fucks your earning potential.

about to start a security engineering position in the bay area, the position said it required no experience and I did well in the interview according to them but the offer was for a senior software engineer even though the listing wasn't. hoping it's not a total disaster and I'll at least be able to last a year if it goes downhill.

Attached: 1520598460890.jpg (1440x810, 155K)

Bsc. Communications
I work as a broadcast engineer.
I thought it would be 80% satellite/rf and 20% IT, but it's the other way around. Trying to pretend I'm an IT guy kind of sucks.

Attached: 20190125_120106.jpg (4032x3024, 3.54M)

Service desk for a B2B financial company
Basically I sit at a computer, record times and if there's a problem, try to fix it or most likely tell someone else to do it because we're not given certain permissions
Out of an 8 hour shift, I do maybe 30 minutes of work on average.
Never studied, dislike it because there's always someone else on and 90% of the time, I'm stuck with one of the two retarded fucks who overreact to everything.

Ireland sucks. I just want to work on my own and not be held responsible for someone else's fuckups

Trainer at a staffing/bootcamp company. First job after graduating CS at age 29. 70k + bonus for each student I train that gets hired by clients + company pays for my apartment. I teach all the memes, spend my days studying new things or improving what I do know, and don't have deadlines or have to build and deliver anything. I just go in, do whatever I want as long as I teach all curriculum topics by the end of the week, and that's it.

fuck off, Luke

hella comfy images

Bros, how do I motivate myself to do the class work? I do well on the tests but have trouble getting myself to do the homework.
Seems like as good a place as any to ask this.

Media & Communications
No Job
No job because i only got the degree as a requirement for a major tv network that required it, worked two years as media editor, got laid off because of nepotism, friend of the producers wanted to get his son on my position.
So now im enjoying neetdom and wondering whether i should continue working for other networks or just make my own YT channel

Attached: 1541214507966.jpg (480x723, 67K)

Stop trying to motivate yourself. The more I think about how I should be doing this, or even wanting to do that, the less I end up doing. Even for things I enjoy like playing vidya, I'll not actually touch a game if I think "I should really play it" because I'll always argue myself out of it whether through reason or just because I don't want to move from where I am or what I'm doing.

Just open up your text editor, look at the homework, and don't think too hard about motivation. Once you start it's easier to just keep going and going.

meant for

I got a really cozy job at a data center making 48k after 4 years of bitchwork at a call center making half that. CCENT was what did it. Not as motivated to complete the second exam for my CCNA. Finnished the pressbooks, now half way done with the labs. Months behind after already being months behind schedule. Harder to get motivated when you will probably only make 25% more for double the bitch work. But I'll have it by June, even at this rate. I just have never in my adult life had anything remotely resembling being above water. It's strange. 4 months and I'm only just getting used to it.

Finance. Stare at computer screen all day. Atleast salary is good.

Does a big salary help with crippling self-loathing and existential horror?

nothing
I wish I was dead
see above

>dropped out 3 times
>linux admin
>job yeah; coworkers no

>>What did you study?
Nothing
>>What's your job currently like?
Electronics repair
>>Are you satisfied with your current job?\
No.

> study
didn't go to college/uni. dropped out of high school @ 17
> current job
cyber security analyst
> satisfied
comfy job at a comfy company, earn about 45k at 22

science/math
neet
could be worse

You don't have to enjoy it; you just have to do it. Remember that if it's hard, then the world is full of people who can't do it, and every time you want to give up, someone else actually is giving up, and you are now better than them, because you have the power to do things you don't want to do.

Also, apply for jobs. Literally any jobs; just do one. They're unlikely to hire you so there's no commitment, and if they do hire you, you can always do it for a bit and then quit. Anything is better than what you're doing now.

Someone post leather jacket man where he gleaning how shit amd was.

You sound like me. I bet you're really cool.

It does for a few months, but then you get used to it and the angst and ennui return to cuck you out of happiness once again.

I'm in my first year of college.
I'm studying astrophysics.

BS in IT, work as a data engineer

Work with a lot of elk, Kafka, k8s, etc. Lots of interesting issues. Small team with a lot of impact. Many chances to flex both development and operational skills.

Yes; enjoy it heavily.

Computer engineering

I work on Bluetooth link

I like it, they give me more challenging tasks and now I'm working on my own projects. I feel accomplished

Thanks, user. Im turning 28 idk if I'm cool. My younger brother is moving in next summer after HS and going for one of those zoomer coding bootcamps. If I can atleast motivate his nihilistic ass into making what I do I'll feel a little better.

>What did you study?
Applied informatics.
Writing code all day every day.
Better than my previous one, but pretty meh.

Attached: 1552056918662.png (1259x1094, 260K)