Iphone vs samsung

some context:
I've never had an iphone. Always used filthy android, and my current phone is an old A5-16.

Now, i'd like to upgrade, and the two phones on the table, are a galaxy s10e, and an iPhone XR. The XR is more expensive - nothing I can't live with, but not irrelevant.

I've heard good things about the performance of iphones, although lacking a micro sd slot, and only 64gb internal storage of the XR, vs 128gb, up to 512gb microSD, and none of the itunes drama, i don't know.

Am i being totally irrational for wanting an iphone, when i can have an s10e for less?

Attached: srajfon.jpg (3240x2160, 622K)

I like note 9. Gotta love the pencil.

Same, Note 8 here.
I have zero brand loyalty but I can't live without my stylus anymore.

You won't enjoy being locked down to shit with an iPhone. You can't even transfer music files without itunes (which requires Windows or Mac os).
You can't download files from the web browser. You can't install anything that's not in the Apple Apps store (Think useful apps from f-droid like Newpipe)

i was android user

i upgraded from samsung s8+ to iphone xs max 512

iphone is gg

Spotted the Pajeet

OP here: My brand loyalty extends as far as my previous phone was a galaxy a3, and before that, Nokia. I'm by no means a snob when it comes to phones - I switch about every 2 years (except that one time I had my phone stolen at knifepoint), and i've been using my current phone since late 2016.

At the moment, i'm leaning heavily towards the s10e, but i have that nagging thought about getting an apple. Which is driving me mental right now, since it's probably irrational, and I hate that.

android is for the poor & mentally ill

that's one of the things pushing me away from iphones. having itunes installed isn't that big of a problem, since I work in IT and sometimes handle iphones (most managment level people use them), but nothing beats just plugging in and transfering files like you would to a flash drive.

Honest answer here: if money isn't a concern AND you don't do anything more taxing that youtube/call/text then either one is fine.

The thing about android is it does in general perform slower than iPhones but only because it's specifically optimized for battery life. Things like more RAM provide an overhead for tons of app cache not just the apps themselves which is why a oneplus 5 will feel "snappier" than an iPhone xr after a few weeks of use.

I never owned an iPhone, but I do use an iPod since about 10 years to get music in my car. The amount of frustration that iTunes has given me over the years is immeasurable. The program constantly freezes with less than 800 songs in the library on a relatively new and fast gaymen PC.
With YouTube becoming a huge cancer ad-ridden app, it's nice to know you can install alternatives on Android.
Remember that there is nothing an iPhone can do which a flagship Samsung can't. The other way around though...

Well I used both, switched from Note 4 to iPhone 7, sold the iPhone and went with the Note 8.
If you only use basic tasks, iOS is fine, but way too limited when you want to just fuck around with emulators or whatever.

iOS is for NPCs who can't do anything without a specified set of instructions given to them. Want to install an app? Better hope it's on the App Store™ because you can't install it anywhere else. Want to copy your music to your phone or retrieve that 4K 60fps video you took with it? Better use that useless piece of shit software known as iTunes because that's what you're told to do.
Android is true freedom and it's not 2008 anymore, think for yourself and install trusted open-source apps from a variety of trusted locations while simultaneously enjoying the curated Google Play store for your mainstream apps, along with true drag-and-drop file management that works on any computer.

Considering cuckPhones only last for 1 year before Applel starts pushing out crippleware for them, get the S10e.

Attached: 1529451475963.png (1191x949, 125K)

>You can't even transfer music files without itunes (which requires Windows or Mac os).
Not over USB, no, but most people actually don't even use iTunes anymore. You can AirDrop the music files if you really want. You can also just get music elsewhere. But you can't move files directly from your computer to your phone via USB.
>You can't download files from the web browser.
You actually can, now that the Files app is a thing. It shows up in the "On My Device" folder.
>You can't install anything that's not in the Apple Apps store
I mean, you can jailbreak but then that would defeat the purpose of buying an iPhone in the first place.

>crippleware

??

Attached: 1544009214076.png (659x1921, 636K)

With the XR you aren't getting an apple, you're getting a poorfag joke, real iphones start at X/XS.

i guess that settles it, more than anything. I knew apfel was milking the brand logo for all the $$$ they could squeeze out of it, and I always stuck to "normal" android, while iPhony remained that exclusive item i could never justify getting.

Guess that's not changing any time soon.

The one and only iOS device I had was an iPad mini I used to read PDFs on. Hated the OS so much I'll never use an iPhone even if I won one for free in a raffle or something.

so the iphone 8 isn't a real iphone then?

Why do so many people pretend Samsung is the only brand wit Android? There are brands with better value and without a goddamn notch.

Attached: for_babby.jpg (1000x1000, 175K)

Because most of the babbies here get their phones from daddy Verizon.

So you had a shit phone and you ''heard'' good things about the iToddler device. Since you are poor and could never afford a decent Android phone your only option is to ''upgrade'' to iToddler.

This thread is a waste of time. You are a waste of time. Just another iToddler shilling shit.

/thread

S10e will give you a better experience.

Not if you've updated your lagOS as you should have.

Apple's business model mostly revolves around scamming tech illiterate people, especially rich ones who see their products as a status symbol.

You're better off using android.

weak bait

Rich people don't care about what phone they use as long as they work. It's the lower-middle class that pretend iPhones are status symbols so they lease them on discount from their carrier and show them off to others who couldn't care less.

>Rich people don't care about what phone they use as long as they work.
Thistbhfam. This is why most millionaires still use dumbphones, and for anything more complicated, they call their personal assistant.

as a sidenote - i had time to sit down and do the math on the offers i got, and the results were... interesting, to say the least.

The offer on the s10e, spread over a 28-month contract, comes out to the price of a new s10e direct from the store. Pretty neat.

However, the offer on the xr, came down to approximately a 47% surcharge on the price of a new one from the store. WTF?!

iPhones are only good if you want a snappy, fluid (but limited) OS and require Facetime+iMessage... if you dont really care for those then dont get an iphone

Just get the iphone

I moved to a pixel 3 which is dogshit but let me tell you not having 500 samsung software clones and everything needing a samsung account is a blessing. And getting software updates on time

S8 in some areas is just getting android P. Like 8 month turnaround

>Samsung
>notch
Did I miss something?
Also Samsung is one of the best manufacturers of Android phones and also the most successful one.

The S10 series all look like a bullet shot through the screen.

I'd personally prefer that hole over a notch but that's not important here.
Which Android phone manufacturer doesn't make ugly notches as of now as implies?

BlackBerry, although I'll admit I bought it just for the keyboard. Not having a bite taken out of the screen is a bonus just like the presence of a headphone jack.

Got the iPhone XR a week ago. Get it and return it in 30 days if you don’t like it. The app switching gesture is nice and continuity with macOS is comfy tier for taking calls / messages.

You could be Tesla and create AC current and Jow Forums would be like. Nah DC is better.

Attached: F3ED459C-EE96-4B7C-854E-9F75C48EF4AC.jpg (755x898, 151K)

>You could be Tesla and create AC current and Jow Forums would be like. Nah DC is better.

Wow such a great argument man. What's next? "It has intuitive design"? or "It just werks"?

You can also have these gestures in Android 9 now, but I haven't enabled them yet to try out.

Attached: 1549917947101.png (303x279, 18K)

>XR
>barely over 720p LCD for $750

At this point I haven't even thought of Blackberry a manufacturer anymore. Are they still not bankrupt?

B-BUT YOURE PAYING FOR THE APPLEL!!!!1!11one!!1

Yeah right? Getting an XR is allowing Apple to rip you off regardless of how you look at it.

People don't call "lagdroid" for nothing if you're coming from an iPhone. The animations are always smooth and the apps feel more polished. However, if you're switching from Android to iOS it might be hard to adapt. iOS is too locked down and you'll have to do a lot of workaround for simple stuff like downloading files on the browser.

Smooth until Apple throttles it, that is

iOS looks smooth because it prioritizes animations over actual processing speed while Android considers UI transitions to be second-class behind disk and memory management which is what matters when loading apps and processing data. Sure, iOS looks nicer in presentation but when it comes to speed Android wins.

I use both on a daily basis.

Android is smoother than people believe but the problem might be in consistency of that 'smoothness', there are places with some minor or slight stutter that is a bit jarring compared to the usual fluidity.

At least iOS is very consistent if you have a device from 2015 onwards (2GB RAM minimum).

The new galaxies are amazing hardware and One UI is quite good, however the updates timetable is always bad for Samsung. It takes at least 6 months to see upgrades.

iOS and iPhones in general are at the top of the game when it comes to upgrades and iOS 12 made using a 4 year old 1GB RAM device tolerable enough for some days.

I think there is a simple test for which phone you would prefer.

Do you enjoy being able to customise literally anything and don’t care about privacy? Stay with Android.

Do you enjoy a device that will do it’s expected tasks in a quick and smooth manner and care about privacy? Get iOS.

I used Galaxy phones forever and switched to iPhone simply because of their privacy policy expecting to hate it, but it was actually the best purchase I ever made although it certainly is not for everyone. As it happens the customisation I did on Android was very little so the lack of for the most part didn’t effect me.

My usage is primarily messaging, Spotify, YouTube, browsing, taking Photos and screenshots and all definitely feel better on this phone than my old one (except the lack of a Jow Forums app and needing to use VLC to open webm) so if your usage case sounds similar to mine then go for it.

I've got an iPhone though I'd been thinking of moving to Samsung as part of my next upgrade for DeX and to get away from Apple's recent focus on bling and memes over substantive improvements.

The ecosystem is nice though if you're a Macfag, which is something I'm going to miss after jumping to Android.

I was temporarily using an iPhone 6 for the last few months and it was shit tier, so locked down, so gay so bright and faggy with their design, the phone bent slightly in the brief time i had it confirming that meme, it started having battery issues as well, it would short out and die sometimes within 15 minutes of being off the charger, i'd have to carry my external battery and a cable with me at all times to jumpstart it basically, it'd go back to the proper battery level but it was so annoying.

anyway, although i was tempted to get the note 9, i decided it's too fuckhuge for me personally (not implying manlet) i ended up getting the s10e and god damn it's fucking comfy, the possibilities are endless with android and flashing roms are customizing your phone otherwise. i currently have the lock screen set to solid dark black, same for the home screen, nav bar disabled, all gesture based to open drawer, clover, messages, etc, i try to keep it as dark as possible for eye comfort and aesthetics, some apps are retarded like firefox and chrome though for not having native dark modes

anyway, the screen is great, thin ass bezels no gay button, pinhole camera placement is slightly gimmick but still nice, it has headphone jack, better ram, better processor, so it basically shits on the iPhone and Apple is a fucking meme post 2009

Based off of what I can gather about you, the S10E is the choice you should go with. But don't pay more than $600 for it.

OP, I hope you don't think I'm memeing, but I can answer your question for you, I just need to know something from you first.
What is your gender/sexuality, and do you belong to any niche fetish communities such as furries?

This is important. You don't want to send the wrong message when you flash your phone logo.

Attached: 1524295308422.png (630x996, 232K)

if you talk like get an iPhone

if you talk like get an Android

yfw the battery on your iphone dies, i whip out my s10e like chad and wirelessly charge your phone for you s o y boy

I owned a low tier Android (2 years) and an iPhone X (4 months), here are my takeaways user

* Android has a more diverse, less greedy app market. This has to do with the low bar of entry and lax gatekeeping. Want a better appstore? Get F-Droid. Fuck YouTube client, that's for kucks, get NewPipe. Torrent clients? No problem. GPS spoofer? Now we're talkin. The good iOS apps are either made by Apple, paid, or worse yet, come as a subscription. Too many apps on iOS converted from buy-once paid to a subscription, and iToddlers got BTFO.

* Android is more generous with background processes (e.g: letting that torrent program or Google Photos) run in the background than Apple is. It can wear on your battery rather quickly, but many people appreciate not having to keep uploading in the foreground when they could be doing other shit.

* Android is permissions-lax, iOS is permissions-strict. Android Q is supposedly going to fix that, but we'll have to wait and see on the implementation.

* Resale value is better on Apple products, but for their phones it's been slipping rapidly. Don't mind it. This has to do with a variety of factors including poor sales, carrier recycling, and in many cases people just selling off the old model when the new one comes around. Heavy depreciation of the X meant I got it at about $510 (~49% of its MSRP of $999) one year after it came out.

* iOS has better device security all around. It's certainly possible that there are more secure Android devices out there, but chances are you will not come across them. The biometric components on most Android (fingerprint, facial recognition) devices are more susceptible to spoofing than on iOS devices. If you have an iCloud account, Tyrone will have no clue how to unlock your shit. Android recently implemented a similar feature but I hear it can be bypassed.

tl;dr If you want performance, freedom to access the phone get Android. If you want a flashy experience, buy an iPhone.

>49% of
49% off* Applel user can't do math xD

If no one calls you on your phone why do you even want to get a new one?

Who says no one calls me?

Anyway - went with an s10e. Deciding factor was internal storage, and usb connection to the 'puter, without the hassle of itunes.

I recently upgraded my phone phone and before I rooted it, trying to watch YouTube on the stock app is unbearable after getting use to the ad free version. The new versions can already only show 2 videos per screen without scrolling down with it's uselessly huge thumbnails AND you want to stick a "featured" ad video ever third one? WHAT THE FUCK