What is the fucking point of the Alienware area-51m again?

What is the fucking point of the Alienware area-51m again?

It has a 1080p panel. FUCKING 1080P. What is the fucking point of having a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU if you are playing games at 1080p anyways?

Attached: alienware-area51.jpg (1600x1067, 189K)

why do you need 4k on a tiny laptop?
fuck off retard

Future proof & stylish

Buy a separate monitor for 4K.

1080p is perfect for that screen size. You can plug in an external screen to play in 1440p or 4K if you want to.

>gaylienware
enjoy flushing your money down the toilet

Breaking the thousand FPS limit.
Also you can use external monitors, it's not macfag shit.

then what's the point on buying an overpriced gaming laptop if you are going to buy a 1440p/4K monitor then?

A 2080 can run 1080p games with less utilization, thus less power consumption, whereas a 1060 would need to run at full tilt.

Attached: 1525967188154.png (1920x1090, 1.62M)

It's for the memes...desu if you have that kind of money you just don't give a fuck, you'll be buying another one next year anyways

Higher frame rates are almost universally better for gameplay than higher resolutions - beyond 1080p, anyway. If you're gonna cheeky breeky in CSGO, it's usually better to play at 240FPS at 1080p than 60-100FPS at 1440p/4K

you can't see faster than 60FPS though

>Breaking the thousand FPS limit

Attached: 1339406886752.jpg (220x251, 8K)

>an almost wholely upgradeable laptop
>g hates it

figures

I hate it because it doesn't have a retina display and the thing is fucking huge.

More resolution is pointless on that size, its power is so you don't have to change it again in 2 years, fucking retard.
Sage stupid threads made by zoomers.

1080p is fine you prick

THIS

this isn't the kind of laptop you buy for yourself it's the laptop you get someone else to buy for you

What's the point of higher than 1080p on a 17 inch screen?

HDMI to a monitor. Anyone who can afford this can afford a monitor. Retarded ass logic I know, but true nonetheless. Pretty smart move on alienwares part really. Besides the screen is so fucking small on that shit 4K would be wasted either way.

Some people like to flex their wallets, some people are fags about overbuilding for everything, some people honestly don’t know better. I just wonder how fucking horrible the thermal throttling is, I have an MSI laptop with an i7 and 1050 and that mother fucker sound like an airplane just running chrome and steam.

>1080p is fine
Maybe for a fucking poorfags like you

4k is useless on a screen that size. 2080 will last a decade at 1080p.

because 1080p 144fps is hard to reach consistently in games where it matters on lower end hardware

>retina
Kek

Attached: bloodtypefaggot.gif (720x480, 126K)

>paying that much for a laptop that will break in 1 year and cost $800 to repair for it to break again in 1 month

>future proofing a machine that wont last 6 months
LMAO

Some people like portability user. I used to be on strict desktop policy until I got my new job which requires frequent travelling. Got a MSI GL702ZC with a interchangeable desktop ryzen 1700 and rx 580. Life has never been simpler. When I go home, I just plug it in a bigger monitor.

That's cause msi can't I to cooling.
It's been a huge issue for them for like a decade

It has a desktop socketed cpu inside it
Try shoving that in your macshit