Why haven't you tried julia yet user?

>We want a language that’s open source, with a liberal license. We want the speed of C with the dynamism of Ruby. We want a language that’s homoiconic, with true macros like Lisp, but with obvious, familiar mathematical notation like Matlab. We want something as usable for general programming as Python, as easy for statistics as R, as natural for string processing as Perl, as powerful for linear algebra as Matlab, as good at gluing programs together as the shell. Something that is dirt simple to learn, yet keeps the most serious hackers happy. We want it interactive and we want it compiled.

Attached: julia.png (1200x811, 43K)

Want doesn't get

I tried Julia. For 7 years. I tried. It wasn't worth it. She slept with my brother and my best friend. She let my son become transgender. She crashed my Porsche. I tried Julia. Julia didn't work

I gave it a shot but then found out it was 1 indexed.
Couldn't take it seriously after that.

there is like 12 packages for it

No packages

If you want to turn Data Science into manual labour then be my guest, I'll just use python and get it done in half the time

because I'm learning haskell first

There is literally no point for it to exist. It tries to dab on python to look any good but in reality all decent python libraries are written in C

Because I don't *need* to use Julia.
I follow the herd so I'm sticking with python until everybody start using Julia then I'll use Julia.
Anyway, shill me julia, considering I use python (numpy / pandas / matplotlib / scipy) and I'm fluent in MATLAB (I actually like MATLAB quite a lot, except for it being expensive AF) so I'm also using Octave for toy problems.

It lets you write for loops which aren't slow as balls. That's 90% of the justification for using the language over Python.
It's such a problem that Torch is implementing their own subset of Python just so they can jit around it.

Me too user. I also like MATLAB because I learned it while I studied, and it is easy to do task fast for me. I am no working, and don't have access to MATLAB anymore. I see julia got almost the excact same syntax though, so I think I will play with her for a while

1-based indexing

is objectively superior

This is such a reddit argument to bring up. I feel sorry for anyone who would struggle with using either

how?

Mathematics

Holy shit. Only excel tier crap are 1 index.

Drooling code monkey retard

More than 2000

hm, so there is some cools stuff. I might give a try

>We want a language that’s open source, with a liberal license. We want the speed of C with the dynamism of Ruby. We want a language that’s homoiconic, with true macros like Lisp, but with obvious, familiar mathematical notation like Matlab. We want something as usable for general programming as Python, as easy for statistics as R, as natural for string processing as Perl, as powerful for linear algebra as Matlab, as good at gluing programs together as the shell. Something that is dirt simple to learn, yet keeps the most serious hackers happy. We want it interactive and we want it compiled.

Attached: 27bc.jpg (400x400, 30K)

You can use greek letters and emojis as variable names

>Be scientist
>Have problem
>Reduce problem to a linear algebra problem
>plop it into the computer
>find out that Julia uses base 1 indexing, the same as is standard in linear algebra
>be a happy scientist that no longer has to go through the slight inconvenience of offsetting indices by -1, even though he is perfectly capable of doing so, because he didn't study the "so-called" science with the computer prefix, but a real science.