Crytek Showcases Real-Time Ray Traced Reflections in CryEngine on RX Vega 56

so what nvidia will pull out of their asses now that amd doesnt even need """""""""special hardware"""""""" to do ray tracing?
youtube.com/watch?v=1nqhkDm2_Tw

Attached: nnkgo0571ll21.jpg (432x768, 56K)

Considering the next console generation is most likely powered by AMD GPUs, this is a good thing. Nvidia was retarded whent they thought they could force raytracing with overcosted meme core garbage that barely even works right now.

crazy thought, but imagine her peeing on your dick
haha, that would be weird

Attached: 1539930031376.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Why you faggots keep posting sluts here?
Post a related image to your post's content

Attached: 1548530400531.jpg (640x733, 82K)

Y'all realize that ray tracing has been around since the late 60's, right? QT3.14 BTW...

>t. Incel

Attached: 1543157821407.jpg (1263x1920, 816K)

"hardware agnostic"

why can't hardware agnostics define agnosticism?

They couldn't force it anyway. If only your overpriced RTX breakdowning cards can do it, while boring else on the market, including the consoles, then it will be ignored and disappears. They need to make it accessible to make it a success.

>They couldn't force it anyway.

They could always bribe the devs to include it.

It's a terrible way to start a thread though. There's a high chance it'll get derailed into "I wish she would pee on my asscrack haha" or into a discussion about how >she's a whore with a black boyfriend.
If you want to actually talk about something, use a related image instead of some random instagram girl.

Attached: 1538643992110.jpg (1920x1440, 454K)

>implying anyone wants a meaningful discussion on consumerism threads
Oh, sweaty...

Attached: 1537416755243.jpg (1280x1920, 211K)

That worked well for physX, didn't it?

AMD's approach to creating gpus is more natural, they have better raw power, while nvidia uses dev bribes and instruction sets to gain performance. That's why Jow Forums loves AMD and nvidia cards are cooler.
I am in love with that girl, my god she's perfect

the power of german (software) engineering™

I wish she would pee on my asscrack haha

that would be weird haha
haha, it would be even weirder to get a boner from that thought

Or 3D Vision. Or G-Sync.

>german game company
>piss fetishism
Crytek devs come and shill on Jow Forums now, great.

>since the 60s
when there were no compooters

>amd has raw power that can never be utilized, so it's better, and more natural.
Gee I wonder why anons still buy nvidia. It's almost as if the only thing that anons care about us buying something that they can use without hassle.
Also cuda is a thing, so get rekt and poojeets.

Or cuda, and nvenc.

haha, yeah, female piss is disgusting
imagine if she fell into your lap like on a bus or something and she wet herself
that would be so disgusting, haha

Wrong. There were no zoomers then...

Back in a day they did it with physics n shiiiet

there was no moon landing then also
because there were no compooters

Must be pretty easy for you to get around on a flat Earth...

Is this actually technically impressive? I don't know much about gayming shit

>implying we leave our basements

I wouldn't mind if she peed directly in my mouth. In fact, I think I would quite like that. Is that weird or do other anons share this desire?

>implying I leave my basement
FTFY

oh yeah? why aren't you moonwalking on the moon?

'Cause I'm dancing with the stars...

it is themost normal desire forany straight male

imagine just sliding your hand across her inner tight while casually walking by. haha

Well at least they aren't posting tranneis and/or drawn kids resembling animals and such

More natural business model as well. Yes, they are disorganized, but at least they don't take enormous margins, don't gimp their drivers so that you must buy next gen gpu, and don't literally buy their whole competitors. Don't get me wrong, i was using a 1060 6gb until recently so i know their pros, but since i don't like how slimy they are behaving i decided to vote with my wallet and bought an rx580 8gb
>CUDA
The only good technology they invented in the last 10+ years

haw haw haw
PISSYFARTS
el kekko

very advanced photoaging for her age
why can't zoomers into uv protection?

Attached: 1530809912514.jpg (320x320, 14K)

>I like throwing away my money
Not terribly surprising from an AMDrone.

haha, that's weird!

see, nvidia fags? anything nvidia can do amd can do half assed!

Imagine hot summer day and the smell in her underwear

Attached: sniff_pitcher.jpg (891x1024, 229K)

>Thowing away money
Nigga it was 20% cheaper and performs better than a 1060 6gb

Who is this semen demon?

>Advanced skin aging
Maybe just recessive genetics

>UV protection
Yeah, literal poisonous synthetic estrogen and endocrine disrupting cocktail. Enjoy manboobs and prostate cancer. Or in females - breast and cervical cancer

sabrina lynn

Very cool! Than you user.

Attached: emoji_C_code_obfuscation_travesty.jpg (1008x872, 122K)

>not using mineral barrier sunscreen
>not wearing your MAGA hat and Finish the Wall t-shirt you bought at CPAC to the beach

who is this?

I wish she would pee into my ears
Imagine how weird that would feel
Ha ha

My gf

Achually, no. It was rasterization all the way, computers weren't powerful enough to handle proper raytracing.

If you're talking about raytracing as a concept, then it was around since, like, invention of physics.

>gun for endline
Why is this making me laugh. It's not that funny.

titty pics?

my best advice for you is to kill yourselves

A new cool technology shows up and all you can think about is masturbatory thoughts. Rethink your life choices.

Don't know if ray tracing has been a thing since the 60s but the first time ray tracing was rendered in real time was during the early 80s with super computers.

Unfortunately if Unreal doesn't do the same thing, this may poorly reach the public with actual games, as Cryengine isn't popular. The brand itself is, but there are so few titles.
Nvidia was (as always) retarded. They should've learn from Physx by now.

Also, new Crysis when.

>pun intended
But what's the pun?

Draw distance is ass. Looks like 5 feet.

endl
end life

>not just using UPF clothing (that doesn't mean UPF treated - I'm talking about UPF fabrics) that inherently block the sun, never wear out, never break down, don't wash off or drip from sweat

Also if you're that paranoid about chemical UV absorbers, just use physical/mineral barrier sunscreens (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) like said.

This, seriously. She's pretty, but at probably 16 she already has the skin of a 40 year old. It's such a god damn waste.

t. 25 year old whose skin has looked the same for the last 8 years because I can into sunscreen
>I also pirated Common Sense® Full Suite™ 2005 Which Provides Coverage For Things Inside And Out Of Your Computer!™ 15 years ago and have been using it ever since

Attached: 1515348030218.jpg (384x384, 27K)

In practice raytracing is actually used within a raster pipeline. How else are you going to generate the geometry and render to a buffer? It's just the pixel shading that uses raytracing. Also funfact, the pioneer of raytracing does R&D at nvidia

580 is a fantastic card, and has been king for like 2 years.
however, 1660 is a better buy depending on price. that said, they trade blows and 580 beats it in several games, and is often $20 cheaper ($199-ish), and comes with a game bundle that isn't shit (i.e. novideo gives you fortnite shit or anthem cancer, AMD gives you GOTY REmake2 or DMC5).
that said nvidia is more power efficient but it would take a couple years before the electricity savings affect you and by then better cheaper more power efficienct cards should be out.
anyway, that's the main thing i was gonna say.

why buy a 580 when navi is coming by august and will beat RTX2060 for $300?
I guess at $200 price point 580 is (and will still be) king. rx 590 will be lowered in price too, and 1660ti is too much, almost next price bracket.

>pioneer

the guy well to be honest the team that worked back then in cern they are probably on their 80+ now user...

to be technically correct they are dead for like 300+ years actually if we are talking about who invented it

but yes the greeks on cern were the ones that found a way to make it work on waves

We're talking about the rendering technique autist

You couldn't be more wrong.
First, shading is not related to raytracing/rasterization.
Second, how would you generate geometry? By projecting vertices on the screen. Which is, literally, the purpose of rasterization. Projecting geometry on the screen WITHOUT tracing rays.

The downside of the technique is that rasterization is not as physically accurate, because a lot of things you have to guess, plus some things you can't guess at all, that's why you, for example, can't have reflections with rasterization. Because you don't know anything about your scene, this way you can't possibly guess what to reflect. This is why you need ray-tracing for reflective surfaces. This is the whole point of the original video.
To be more clear, the ray tracing here is using only for reflections, not for original geometry.

On top of that, building the z-buffer with rays is some sort of 2.5d shit from wolfenstein3d era.

>why buy a 580 when navi is coming by august and will beat RTX2060 for $300?
Because it won't cost $300 and especially won't beat A SHIT from anything like 2060. We've going trough this several times.

Seething itoddler.