Is this projection realistic?

Attached: 1552728495798.png (930x465, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_memory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Likely we would discover a better storage method by then

Yes

Hyper CD-ROM

what happened to those scientits who successfully wrote gigabytes data on the hundreds of layers inside a transparent scotch tape?

Not realistic but I think it's technically possible.

I seriously hope the optical media meme is over for good (at least if it's not on some hardened glass or crystal shit next time)

Attached: Windows_updates.jpg (359x335, 8K)

This is probably physically impossible with flash, since current cells don't even have capacity for 1000 electrons. I doubt it's possible to make die layers 100x thinner either.

It would require some completely new storage medium in all likelihood.

wtf happened to the finger in the 3rd pic, scientists get super obese in the future

>he hasn't heard of graphene

No, not at all. We won't even have 128TB (consumer) drives by then.

Why would the Jews shut something down that they could monetize, control, and get even more rich off of? Do you not think about WHY the Jews are in control of the world in the first place? It's not by stopping innovation, it's by controlling it.
Typical Jow Forumstard

Attached: 701a5e1fc213fe5e38a7120ca1044985.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

Decrease in photo quality, that's realistic yes

The card provides 128TB in the cloud under supervision of Chinese Communist Party

By then all your personal data will be stored in the cloud and owned by your benevolent corporate overlords.

>>he hasn't heard of graphene

As cool as graphene is, shit isn't magic.We have yet to see what can be done with it. I sure would love to see CPUs that are capable of 500-1000 GHz, but we haven't seen jackshit yet.

in 5 years? nope. 10 years? yes.

2020 we would have 2TB
2021 4TB
2022 6 or 8TB
2023-2024 10/12/14/16TB

Also what exactly would be the point of consumer grade hardware that supports the capacities like graphene or OP's pic? I'm a huge data hoarder but I can't think of a single reason even I would need a 128TB micro SD card

Even phones get to record 4k video nowadays and the resolution will still just keep growing. This shit really takes a lot of space unless you compress it to the point that defeats using high resolution in the first place.

The more information the more accurately you can define, recreate, and control. Go read up on information theory if you don't already know it, it's pretty amazing stuff.

non-organic "archival" disks are good for your entire lifetime. great for multipart offline backups.

Super cool stuff ty user

>128TB
I assume that'd be the absolute high end and theoretically much farther down the line than 2024 but around that time 32tb might be th case much like it's 1tb now for hundreds of $$$,
but imagine a 8tb micro sd for the average person it's not so overkill is it?
>4k vids
>40mp pics
>all your tv series, lossless music, movies, backed up offline in 4k

>lose 8tb in one go
This is also why I don't know if it'll be doable at the consumer level

Most likely he just had that pic and thought it was funny to post user.

>This is also why I don't know if it'll be doable at the consumer level
I don't get your point, backing up through physical media and/or (((the cloud))) will be much easier too via (((6G)))

How is it worse than your 1tb hdd at home failing rn

>128 TB
Still same write and read speed as 2005 though.

Attached: bd4.jpg (666x666, 139K)

stopping, controlling, same thing.

No. Majority of the SD capacity came from node improvement and it's slowed down significantly. 4-16TB is realistic, but 128 isn't.

> I'm a huge data hoarder but I can't think of a single reason even I would need a 128TB micro SD card
Once upon a time, they thought no one would need a computer in their home.

Before too long, 128TB will be laughingly inadequate.

A worse camera in 2024 is a step backwards

>Why is pot illegal?
>Jews
>But they couldmonetize!
>they already invested in lumber tho

To answer your question, prior invest memt in optical and solid state medias.

It's strange that (1) it seems possible because it's linear growth, but (2) it seems so utterly impossible to my "gut feeling" right now.

Our benevolent corporate overlords need a place to store all our personal data too.

Look at Samsung and their paid shills pushing the OLED meme hard af when there are better alternatives out there, ones that don't burn-in nearly as fast either. Samshit dumped billions into the development only to have it be shit for any long term use, but they gotta get some kind of return on it.

Why would Jews willingly limit their ability to store large amounts of information when they work with the US Government to spy on you? They NEED greater information density, arguably more than anyone other than the US Government itself.
Jews are not powerful enough to stop capitalism. Capitalism destroys anyone who tries to stop it, as has been shown multiple times in history.

Attached: 1552692789255.png (319x448, 154K)

OLED is a mature technology at this point. Alternatives are not. Mature technology is economically viable to mass produce. Just because some µLED displays exist as prototypes doesn't mean they can make them cheap enough for you to buy yet.

Animated version plox?

>Jews are not powerful enough to stop capitalism. Capitalism destroys anyone who tries to stop it, as has been shown multiple times in history.
Imagine being this braindead

Attached: 1492128736159.jpg (388x384, 22K)

That's a great argument user. You convinced me that not only do Jews have absolute control over all economic activity ever, but that they can also just push a button and make it stop as they desire as well.
They are the reason Microsoft killed off non-x86 CPUs, they are the reason Edison stole from Tesla, they are the reason we drive gasoline cars instead of electric. It had nothing to do with resource efficiencies at all. Jews are able to ignore all resource issues because they are magical Jews who can control reality itself.

Attached: 1483507231161.jpg (500x511, 140K)

Underrated post

If mature technology has an almost fatal flaw, I wouldn't call it better just because muh black levels.

More datamining storage for me, not for thee goy

>not 128 YB

Attached: 895.png (596x643, 17K)

OLED is cheaper and easier to produce than any new experimental display technology.
Companies only care about how much it costs to manufacture, how much they'll make in return for the money they put into manufacturing, and how reliably they can produce it. Consumer satisfaction is just another way of saying they try to predict what will make them the most money. Why do you think any time Apple steals something everyone else suddenly steals the idea too?

Attached: Apple-X-and-Android-Notches.jpg (900x902, 149K)

>the reason we drive gasoline cars instead of electric
I think Ottoman (the inventor of the four stroke engine) was an Aryan masterrace German

Capitalism and communism are both games played by jews and inflicted on goyim. They are the vehicles by which they lash us against one another.

You do not understands the motives and goald of the international jew. You are short sighted.

What will happen when CPU speed start to become the bottleneck?

Capitalism is the law of survival of the fittest working in economic terms. Jews are not above natural laws.

What's your point? Gasoline (and diesel) won out because they have far greater energy density than batteries. Even if consumers move to electric cars due to the rising costs of fuel, the properties which gasoline and diesel have are not done as well by any other known substance. Resource management for the purpose of maximized capital. Jews are just as much a part of capitalism as anyone else. Capitalism is above all.

Attached: 097753a3.jpg (880x880, 76K)

Blu-Rays are fairly impervious to scratches due to the hard-coat they put on them.
Like, seriously, I bought a blu-ray of 300 and tried to scratch it with steel wool and none of it took.

I had to go to town on it with a screwdriver to render it unreadable.

>Jews are not powerful enough to stop capitalism
Jews created capitalism in the first place, it's not a problem to stop it

Jews created trade and capital now? I thought ideas like that were the domain of the superior White Man.

>Capitalism is the law of survival of the fittest working in economic terms.
I too remember being 16 and watching my first ancap yt vids
Good times

Attached: Dg-6CTRU8AExC6D.jpg (900x1200, 152K)

Stop talking about oled, jews and capitalism. This is a storage thread.

Are you an anarchist if you tell people states are inevitable, and any "stateless" society will eventually be taken over by the people best able to influence others?
Thinking capitalism can be stopped, especially now, is stupid. Don't be stupid user.

No.
3D NAND is still scaling well, but not THAT well.

this

>invents something with better fuel efficiency leading to less fuel consumption

Attached: angry jew.jpg (680x653, 52K)

Maybe with DLC = deca layer cell it could be possible.

Why would you ruin a perfectly good movie?

Hmm wonder who can be behind this post...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-16 g - Is this projection realistic - Technology - 4chan.png (212x171, 50K)

that is exactly what i did

Most likely it was all a lie.

Attached: C5FC5FD7E9D84A3DAC0FAF489C65C4E3.jpg (125x125, 9K)

Lol the finger gets fatter and fatter

No, Moore's law is dead.

>Why would the Jews shut something down that they could monetize, control, and get even more rich off of?

Bringing out something dirt cheap with huge capacity goes against the pricing model.

They couldn't find where the tape began again with their fingernails.

>I can't think of a single reason even I would need a 128TB micro SD card

Maybe for very high resolution VR movies?
They will likely have 16K VR glasses by then, requiring 64.000 x 32.000 resolution for optimal 360 degree stereoscopic videos.

But yeah, what we have now is fine for pretty much any application.

nah
we've been stuck under 1TB for most of the decade, someting like 16TB would be more likely.

Funny you write that, because Samsung isn't even selling OLED TVs. They are the ones pushing MicroLED TVs. At least in the TV market.

Was there a ducking furry convention at the Cobb galleria?

fucking this
>waiting literal days to move all the content

Attached: 1547714584865.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

>every free market economist is an ancap
As much as I wish this to be true, you're dumber than a bag of rocks for believing such.

Attached: kong.jpg (233x216, 10K)

>Capitalism is above all

Look at this man. Puts money before God, family, and country. The jews have warped your mind.

We'll probably have 1 TB microSD by then, and 4TB standard size SD

>R/W limited to 38MB/s
OH NO NO NO

>good movie
No. Nothing from Hollywood is good.

Can you faggots go back to Jow Forums and shut the fuck up.

>everything I don't like is Jow Forums
literally reddid: the post

>Discussing metapolitical and explicitly political ideologies isn't politics and pertains to a tech thread.

Found the retard

But we already have a 1TB microSD.

Attached: sandisk-extreme-pro-micro-sd-1tb-main-1000-1000.png.thumb.319.319.png (319x319, 91K)

underrated

We're allowed to have some off topic discussion. Just look at all of the wojak, pepe, trap, and anime discussions.

>Just look at all of the wojak, pepe, trap, and anime discussions.
But I don't care about those because I am a lefist gay faggot

Attached: 1491490786468.jpg (362x346, 40K)

128TB SD cards would need to have at least pcie 5.0 8x speeds (~30GB/s) otherwise they will be pretty much useless

Why else live but for love and profit?
>god
make your own morals you weak faggot
>country
Worry about your great, small community before your large and shitty country.

Attached: Nice.png (388x414, 242K)

Universal Memory

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_memory

>Universal memory refers to a hypothetical computer data storage device combining the cost benefits of DRAM, the speed of SRAM, the non-volatility of flash memory along with infinite durability. Such a device, if it ever becomes possible to develop, would have a far-reaching impact on the computer market.

>Computers for most of their recent history have depended on several different data storage technologies simultaneously as part of their operation. Each one operates at a level in the memory hierarchy where another would be unsuitable. A personal computer might include a few megabytes of fast but volatile and expensive SRAM as the CPU cache, several gigabytes of slower DRAM for program memory, and multiple hundreds of gigabytes of the slow but non-volatile flash memory or a few terabytes of "spinning platters" hard disk drive for long term storage. For example, a university recommended[1] students entering in 2015–2016 to have a PC with:

- a CPU with a 4×256 KB L2 cache, and a 6 MB L3 cache
- 16 GB DRAM
- 256 GB solid-state drive, and
- 1 TB hard disk drive

>Researchers seek to replace these different memory types with one single type to reduce the cost and increase performance.

>For a memory technology to be considered a universal memory, it would need to have best characteristics of several memory technologies. It would need to:

- operate very quickly – like SRAM cache
- support a practically unlimited number of read/write cycles – like SRAM and DRAM
- retain data indefinitely without using power – like flash memory and hard disk drives, and
- be sufficiently large for common operating systems and application programs, yet affordable – like hard disk drives.

Attached: ConsidertheFollowing.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Many types of memory technologies have been explored with the goal of creating a practical universal memory. These include:

1) magnetoresistive random-access memory (MRAM) (in development and production)

2) bubble memory (1970-1980, obsolete)

3) racetrack memory (currently experimental)

4) ferroelectric random-access memory (FRAM)
(in development and production)

5) phase-change memory (PCM)

6) programmable metallization cell (PMC)

7) resistive random-access memory (RRAM)

8) nano-RAM

9) memristor-based memory

>Since each memory has its limitations, none of these have yet reached the goals of universal memory.

Attached: 1552473371086.png (943x720, 591K)

Attached: mgs.png (350x274, 109K)

Can't wait to go back ten years in both speed and capacity because some asshole wanted to use a generalized solution for specific problems.

No, its becoming obvious most companies want to move to cloud storage because it gives them greater control over what you own, how long you own it, and to what point you own it. I suspect micro sd storage capping out at 1tb while cloud storage becomes cheaper and more accessible

Oh wow, you special, SPECIAL human being, you were the only one that didn't look at the society-fueled red circle and looked at the sad truth.

happened with SSDs, will happen again. you cant stop "progress"

Change 128TB to 1280GB (as in - 1TB and a little extra), then it'll be a feasible thing.

what's her name

>Change 128TB to 1280GB (as in - 1TB and a little extra),
there's already 1tb micro sds are u saying it has topped out and it's not even gonna quadruple in 5 y?

Attached: DizasVAWkAA6vOz.jpg (703x911, 70K)

Does memory become less stable at such a small level. Not sure how it works

>there's already 1tb micro sds
Exactly.

>are you saying it has topped out
Obviously not, but
>it's not even going to quadruple in 5 years?
Going from measly 128GB to 128TB is not quadrupling. Learn to count 2+2.

So smug in his misguidance.

Should be 1.28TB instead. We won't see 128TB on a flash card even in 2034.