It was so easy to start a successful online business in 2000s to early 2010s even if you're double digit IQ...

It was so easy to start a successful online business in 2000s to early 2010s even if you're double digit IQ, many retarded ideas became millions and even billions of dollars empires were started by lone losers in their parent basement, back then google would give you tons of free traffic from organic SEO, facebook would give you tons of free traffic without paying a single dollar, twitter was the same

now the internet is only for big money, the internet is now a business, even if you have a really very good service or product, nobody would even know you're here, facebook won't even make yourt posts seen by your own fans unless you pay them, no such thing as easy SEO in google like it was 10 or even 5 years, everything you have to pay first websites, influencers, paid shills just to get 1/10 the publicity that you would have gotten for free a decade ago

Attached: e9f90d56a7729e936ddd899f2018e8244fb21e50r1-512-466v2_00.jpg (512x466, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emerging_technologies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you want to make money, just learn how to draw hentai and open a Patreon.

it's true
>make a shitty php dating site
>make everything blue because you're unironically colorblind
>funded for half a million dollars
but wait..
>go to harvard
>have filthy rich parents
>be jewish
oh yeah, it's the same as now

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

I didn't meant facebook at all, facebook is one unrepeatable experience, but millions of small online businesses flourosshed in the 2000s-early 2010s thanks to the free publicity provided by facebook, google and twitter in that period, now it's totally different situation, the internet is now as serious as the real business world if not more, you can't just build web services and apps and expect that people will find you like it's 2005-2014

yes you can. what's stopping you?

how old are you? seriously

a question only asked by underage newfags.
maybe your ideas just suck and you'll never make it

when you grow up and if you ever leave your mom's basement you will I understand what I am talking about

Capital. In the early 2000s, you could secure an audience for free with very little effort, so poorfags with good ideas could make a lot of money. Now, your only choice is a parasitic partnership with a richfag.

not only that, back then the internet was really democratic, nobody really owned it, now your entire life is at the hands of google, facebook, twitter, instagram and all those publicity outlets, most users don't even browse via desktops, most users just use phones and only a few apps on those phones, even popular apps struggle to take "time" from the apps like facebook, instagram, etc... the internet is ruined for everybody with any great idea and small capital

Literally seething.
If you can't get funding either your idea is pure shit (which it more than likely is no matter what your mum says) or you are a social retard that has no clue how to talk to people, which you more than likely are.

This is my experience so far.

>start a website
>get no traffic in year 1
>100 pages of good content and google doesnt care
>try to build links
>almost nobody accepts them due to googles policies
>many bloggers ask for money
>even in year 3 I dont get enough traffic to pay for the web hosting, despite that the traffic increases every month
>getting traffic from advertisements seem the only valid way to grow
>break even on ads
>ancient websites that lack content seem to rank above me on all relevant terms, while I only rank in niches that dont make money

again you don't understand what you're talking about, I am talking about the _cost_ now compared to the 2000s you low IQ son of a fat ugly bitch, millionsof businesses were built in the 2000s and early 2010s with virtually no VC backing using the free rid provided by google SEO, facebook, twitter, app stores

>millions of businesses
>virtually no VC
>free rid provided by google SEO, facebook, twitter, app stores
>claims others have no idea what they are talking about
Okay kiddo. I sure am glad you are able to live in your own little world where there were millions of business funded with "virtually no VC" cause all infrastructure and marketing apparently was free until sometime in the mid 2010s.

you could start a website, app, or some online service based only on the founders time and only cloud vendor costs and then you would go to VCs to scale and expand your operations once the the market is proven, fucking GITHUB itself was built like that, many of the popular mobile apps that today have millions of users were built like that back in late 2000s-early 2010s

it's not my fucking fault you're a low IQ retard

You can literally do the same exact same shit today you imbecile. And if you seriously believe marketing in the 2000s or early 2010s was any easier or less expensive than today you are delusional at best or a recently clinically brain dead declared retard that has absolutely no fucking clue what he is talking about.

>You can literally do the same exact same shit today you imbecile
you're beyond retarded, discussion ended

i'm just waiting for my eventual death or jackpot in lottery

Cool story kiddo. You are nothing more than another consumer larping around on Jow Forums. You have no clue what you are talking about and are just retarded, as are your shit ideas.

debating that publicity today is identical to it what it was a decade ago proves you the retard one here not me, I won't be surprised I was wasting my time debating with 15 yo faggot after all

That's some serious mental gymnastics you're pulling off. I never claimed that but still a nice story kiddo.

that was your entire argument, retard

Not him, but both content strategies and black hat seo were a lot more effective back then. Because all links were dofollow and content had less competition.

Today you have companies that spend millions on backlinks per year that others cant really get for free. Unless they are unicorns.

The dark web is the new early 2000s internet as far as profit opportunities go.

Take an already mainstream idea and anonymize it. Make a completely anonymous email service or blogging platform. A fucking darknet Google even. Then sell ad space to internet drug dealers and fake hidden wiki sites and rake in the fetti like it's the .com boom all over again.

that's one thing, when it comes to facebook for instance, even if you got 100k fans you can't reach 100 of them per post now while back in 2012 you could reach at least 40-50k per post, why? because you got to fucking pay for reach, same for twitter, now you got to pay even online tech journal to write reviews or even mention you product name, (literally a couple of thousand dollars just for a company mention with a "follow" link, a fucking mention, not even an entire article), back in 2009 you would see your app/web service gets reviewed for free by techcrunch and mashable on their fucking homepage and then gets shared thousands of times on facebook and twitter and then your SEO starts to get higher thanks to the surge of search after such publicity, now it's all business, I mean real big money business just to get featured in such tech journals, a cheaper way is to pay influencers and get retarded by popular devs to write about you in medium and other ostensibly organic outlets

No one is building forums anymore. No one has their own server, hosting their own shit anymore. We have to worry about ISPs constantly. (((they))) have ultimate control over the web, and your connection to the web. Don't think for a second they can't shut this shit down for everyone. Amazon can say fuck all you guys, and delete everyones shit. People would not know what to do without Google. They wouldn't be able to search "what to use instead of google".

We've gave them ultimate power. Or, more likely they took control. There is no way to get it back. People are too fucking stupid to stop using the products, and lack the self-control to not check their social media accounts every 5 minutes.

The forums are there. Google just doesnt rank them.

Forums are outdated cancer.
>No one has their own server, hosting their own shit anymore.
Works on my servers. Also no one did that 20 years ago either. It's always been a tiny minority of users. The average retard is overwhelmed by excel and just "smart" enough to somewhat use Google and Amazon.

Yup. They won. They pandered to the lowest common denominator. It's over.

Retards will use technology to text their boyfriends, watch makeup and shopping haul videos, listen to rap, and so much other dumb shit. They won't use it to learn, they won't use it to build. They are truly mindless sheep who are wasting their potential, or rather, have had it stolen from them via psychological tricks that reel them back into addiction.

It's never over user. Giants rise and fall on the internet, usually by their own doing. If Google keeps getting stricter and more political, a competitor will eventually jump in.

On the internet there just seem to be years of no innovation, while in an instant a some new party takes over.

Who cares?

Bullshit. There hasn't been a new party in so long. The death of myspace was the death of the interwebz. Seriously, as far as I remember, that's when shit started turning -- when everyone hopped onto facebook.

God, you're a smelly pretentious faggot.

Two words:
Eternal September

Facebook is shrinking though.

Facebook is losing younger users, while getting more boomers.

why do you think that?

While Instagram/what's app grows...

wow it's almost like unrestricted capitalism is a hellish system

wow it's almost like the JWO and their fron organizations controls the internet

facebook was created by the government

Facebook was created by the government to teach it's general AI what humans are.

Any product that becomes easier and easier to produce becomes less and less valuable over time. Especially since everything has moved over to automation basically since humans could feel lazy towards anything.

Just because it takes more effort to make a million or billion dollar Internet product doesn't mean that you should cry like a fucking bitch. It's how things work. People were striking rich left and right when any new resource was discovered and over time the most successful companies strong armed everyone out.

Focus on an emerging field and let go of the idea that you can make a lot of money on the Internet doing what people have been doing since the dot.com boom. You'll be much happier and you'll have some modicum of job security for a decade or two if you pick the right field.

I think it started as it's said, but once the gov started seeing people fill in their addresses, phone numbers, jobs, etc., they funded the fuck out of it.

And wait for FBI & life sentence.

This is 100% true but what are the current emerging fields? It's probably my own ignorance but I can't see any emerging fields currently and I don't know where to look for them.
AI, VR, Blockchain all just seem like very niche technologies

If you've heard about an emerging field then it's not an emerging field anymore

You could ahve made millions with cryptos (not even holding cryptos, but building something crypto related) and that was not long ago.

>t. never worked in the industry and gets all his news from some tech magazine

Blockchain technology is actually very useful and will become important very soon.
Being able to transfer data, being certain of its source and validity, while being able to get hosted by many parties, is very valuable.
But I don't see it as anything other than a new way to implement a public database.

Which is probably useful to banks, insurance companies, notaries and governments if they wish to communicate with each other.

VR is going to fucking explode.
Amazon will integrate it into shopping, I guarantee you. "Try it on with AmazonVR" -> lets you try on clothing/jewerly in your bedroom.
Military? Holy fuck, they will love VR. They'll be able to meet up with their families, and spend time with them on Christmas, etc.
Want to visit Italy? Start the TravelVR app. Want to move states? Well, you don't need to travel to it to explore houses.

The main problem I see with this, of course, is that Google, and all the other major tech companies will be the ones creating these applications. Of course, Google already owns OculusVR (or is it Facebook?), so they'll have their playstore installed on all the devices. Lol, there's no fucking winning.

I'm not only referring to technology, although that's where the future has always been headed.

My best bets are biotech and AI since they're going to revolutionize human life unlike anything ever has before and will continue to do so until we wipe ourselves out or figure out how to teach a strong AI to design technology to jump through time or from dimension to dimension.

Everything else is small time in comparison, but the other two you listed will still be relevant fields decades into the future.

I work in """emerging fields""" and if Joe Public with no skills or talents who only wants a good job and to make some money has heard about your field, then it's taken off and it's not a new thing anymore
Which is why looking for an emerging field won't work
Focus on what you're actually interested in

Youtube was basically You've Been Framed online except they didn't have to seive through clips each week.

you're an idiot

I know; but do you mind telling why?

Not gonna happen. Crypto and by association blockchain was raped to death by Jow Forums "investors", pump and dump investors, the retards running all the important crypto "banks" or vaults or whatever you wanna call them, and the million start ups playing bullshit buzzword bingo with the scary word blockchain. To the industry and the public blockchain is a meme technology and for that reason alone it will never take off in it's current form.

The only practical use for VR is for cockpit training, like in the military, where it has been used for decades already
Everything else is a gimmick. It's just a less practical display. Once the "wow it feels like I'm really there!" novelty wears off you go back to using your normal, non-intrusive screen. As you can see with everyone who's bought it to play video games

well keep looking for the next big thing faggot

If they fix the price and size (convenience) of VR, then yea it will explode. It's the same thing with augmented reality and I think microsoft is getting close to something usable there but haven't checked in a while.

running after the next big thing is probably the wrong way in most cases, most VR startups are already out of business, now the blockchain startups are going out of business, 4 years go, most IoT startups went out of business, most AI startups are clueless and are pretending to be AI while they actually aren't

The banks are already implementing it though. Discussing the standards and using it in minor ways. They now use it for letters of credit, to check if a person is credit worthy. But the ideal way to use it is if for example insurance companies can even dictate what you will spend the money of your insurance on what the insurance is actually for.

Currently the system relies too much on trusting consumers and middlemen to provide the information you need and spending their money as you ask them to. So they want more control over that.

>hurrr durrrr the only practical use for cellphones is calling people
>no one will ever abandon their calculators, watches, or mp3 players to use that thing moron *spits while talking*
Please read the first sentence again.
>VR is going to fucking explode.
Future tense, you retard. If you think that stuff wont happen, you're seriously in the shadows, and have a shit outlook on the things to come.

>dictate what you will spend
dictate that you will spend

no, cellphones have immense practical use because they're a handheld computer. They're convenient. VR is not convenient, it's intrusive, it's something you put on your face and you can't see (or maybe ever hear) what's going on in the real world. Its only value is immersion, and you don't want immersion when you're going shopping. It's biggest value is entertainment, and even as entertainment it really struggles to be anything more than a novelty because the immersion that VR provides is so limited and easy to break.

not him but VR has actually a bright future, just not now, currently it's enforced by tech billionaires and top VCs, that's not how things work, demand needs to be natural and come from the people not enforced by billionaires

this

>what is SEO
>what is language localization SEO
>what is viral marketing
>what is data science marketing
0/10 retard.

get gud.

Attached: 1521477147697.jpg (618x597, 144K)

You're speaking about VR right now, though, user, and I'd agree with you. Think about the future, though.
You think people in the military wouldn't throw it on to spend time with their families? Even if they were fucking Wii people, I bet you they would. And who wouldn't love to try on a pair of jeans before buying them, not knowing if they'd fit when they arrived? You'd be an idiot not to.

People (experts in the field) think AI is 5-10 years away. VR is much simpler than that. In 5-10 years VR will be unrecognizable by today's standards.

>VR has actually a bright future
unless you have any actual reasoning behind that I'm not convinced
interest in VR was "natural", a whole lot of game developers or wannabe game developers got into VR, and then went bankrupt

that's what I said, because the demand from consumers wasn't there, just because the supply from the industry increases doesn't mean the demand will match it

People always think AI is 5 years away. I have a PhD in CS with focus on ML and AI, went to tons of conferrences and strong AI is definitelly not 5 years away.

>And who wouldn't love to try on a pair of jeans before buying them, not knowing if they'd fit when they arrived?
What you know as virtual reality is certainly not capable of that
And I think people would much prefer a video call with a real human being than interacting with a made up 3D avatar

You can always dream up hypothetical scenarios and just assume that we will get some unreal technology advancement.
Real VR, with brain implants or whatever could spark new interrest, 2 screens in fron of your eyes with a slight 3d effect won't, even if they had 8k resolution.

>What you know as virtual reality is certainly not capable of that
There's an application that will take your body measurments and send you a fucking suit that fits perfectly. You're just a pessimistic person, bet you're dirt poor, and hate your life.

>There's an application that will take your body measurments and send you a fucking suit that fits perfectly
Trying on jeans in VR is impossible. Clothes push against your body. How are you going to simulate that? I'm not pessimistic, I'm a realist who dislikes technophiles, but you don't seem to be a technophile, you just don't know what you're talking about

get a job ffs

That is relatively simple, a tailor can do that in 1 minute, it's just taking a few measures.
It's not the same as entering a virtual changing room. Why would you even need VR for that? You could just write soemthing that will photoshop the clothes on your photo and it would be almost the same.

t. retard who complain about not being given priority over google results but can't even research keywords and try to predit future hot keywords using google analytics.

everyone on this thread is underage as fuck.

Attached: 152125164496.jpg (399x400, 20K)

People hating on VR are almost exclusively people that never had a proper VR headset aka used a cardboard with with their shit phone and called it VR or people that are too poor to afford it and thus have never bought it.
VR and AR will change many things especially in the entertainment industry and design / architecture industries. It will go mainstream at some point. It's not if it's about when it will be cheaper and more importantly has the option to be wireless.

Everyone in this thread has no fucking clue what they are talking about which is to be expected of a board consisting almost exclusively of larpers that never worked in the industry in any way shape or form.

If you really want actual VR, you would have to completely revolutionize and change the tech, it won't happen in the enxt years as an evolution of we have.
Zhe only things we will realistically get are:
higher resolutions
higher framerates
lighter headsets
more accurate controllers

You will not have real toch, no smell, no taste, no sense of movement. Only better screens, it will not fundamentally change the experience,

>VR didn't catch on because it's too expensive
Other, useful technologies caught on even when they were expensive

>Clothes push against your body. How are you going to simulate that?
Measurment of jeans/measurement of waste. It doesn't have to be fucking perfect, just a glimpse of what they'd look like on you. And that was just a small example. VR is being use right now in real estate. It's only going to get better. You have no idea what you're talking about. Just because you'll never be able to develop it, doesn't mean other people can't.

>Other, useful technologies caught on even when they were expensive
Like what?

You sound as if being a programmer were like being royalty. Is it so hard to imagine someone on Jow Forums has the same job as literally millions of other people?

Cars, planes, cellphones, tons of scientific equipment that costs literally billions...

google prioritizes old registered domains with established reputation (e.g. lots of backlinks added over very long period of time) if you're 2019 registered domain good luck competing alexa top 10000 websites no matter what, this analytics thing (semrush et al.) could work 5 years ago, but now, it's 100x harder, the safest bet is to directly contact influencers/journalists in your domain and pay them to write articles in medium, tech journals and pay for online ads on google and facebook

Oh so you're just displaying a picture of what they would look like? Well you don't need a VR headset for that. Taking people for a look around a potential house IS a good use for a VR headset, but a very niche one. It's not going to be a useful, mainstream technology

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions
should help you get started

yeah nigger because predicting future hot trends (keywords) would mean these keywords would use old domains on google search.

kys retard.

For what it currently is it is too expensive and cluttered to be of interest to the average consumer.
The industry has long since taken interest in it and that is the reason why it will go mainstream at some point. VR and AR gets cheaper and better every year and at some point it will be cheap enough for people to consider to buy it. But right now it is (for the average consumer) relatively useless and totally overpriced.

Yeah cause programmers are the only existing job in the entire industry. Most people here have no fucking clue about programming beyond some YouTube tutorials and certainly no clue about current industry trends beyond the Nvidia/AMD/Intel shenanigans. Jow Forums is a consumer board accept it.

>planes
People said it was impossible to fly, and thought the Wright brothers were crazy, just like you're doing now with VR. You would have been one of those people talking shit on them. Also, when planes first came out, not everyone was using them. Same with cars, cellphones, etc.

it means that any fucking article on medium or any of the top 10000 alexa website will still be prioritized over your pathetic domain even if it's weaker than your link

kys low IQ retard

>The industry has long since taken interest in it and that is the reason why it will go mainstream at some point
Huge interest in gamedevs didn't make it take off now, even if it is cheap it's still just a head mounted display

When will 3D printing stop being a meme? And become actually useful?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emerging_technologies
Should get you up to date, gramps

How do I learn to draw hentai?

VR (at least what you call VR with HMDs) is completely possible, it's just a useless novelty, once the immersive appeal wears off you go back to using a normal screen

>having your website
>2017
kys retard, at this point you should be making some facebook bot to profit off retards.

Gaming is not the only fucking application for VR/AR just get that in your thick skull.
And in the gaming industries case the problem honestly is shit resolution and only gimmick "experience games" instead of proper VR games.

>Gaming is not the only fucking application for VR/AR
Gaming / other entertainment
Cockpit training
that's really it