Why dont you use pic related? Its the most polished , well put together distro

Why dont you use pic related? Its the most polished , well put together distro.

You have have rolling release (tumbleweed) which is like arch but better tested and more stable, or you can have Leap which is more solid like SUSE enterprise or CentOS.

Yast also has no other rivals.

Attached: 1200px-OpenSUSE_official-logo-color.svg.png (1200x760, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5hb-hZdLc20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do. I literally started using it cause it had the meme thumbnail preview in firefox's file picker. Then I fell in love.

Because fedora and debian exist.

Leap or Tumbleweed?

Leap. It's the patrician choice. I'm not obsessed with the latest meme releases

Only distro with actual marketing
youtu.be/5hb-hZdLc20

Fedora > Tumbleweed
CentOS > Leap
no reason to ever touch that piece of shit eurpoor distro

>Europoor
>slick german engineering
found the retarded amerimutt

i had it but my computer started freezing every time i ran zypper

Attached: machi9.png (413x352, 150K)

Wrong. SUSE is literally RedHat done right

I tried side tumbleweed and it's the first time a distro breaks itself.

I like it, but I wish it worked better with my convertible laptop.

how?
BTRFS?

Latin fag here, opensuse rocks

it uses systemd

Wrong.

Suse was my first Linux, but nowadays most of my workstations run on some CentOS version.

based, redpilled, cute, and literally me

Stopped using it years ago. Left a bad taste because it fucked with my configs all the time. Also, the package manager sucked even more than package managers usually do.

Who doesn't, apart from default gentoo?

Because I use.
Truly the best disto I've ever tried.
Best documentation, best support... 9/10 highly recommend.

> Leap
Too old packages.
> Tumbleweed
Too new packages.
> KDE
gnome is better.

>gnome is better.
Oh God. How do you even use this shit? I got fired from job, because GN*ME pissed me off, and I threw away company laptop into window.

Because Debian Testing suits my needs. I did try Tumbleweed out of curiosity, and it's pretty nice though.

I would; but the aur is so damn convenient. it's nice to have pretty much every package i ever need available in the package manager, and that's the #1 reason i use arch. though opensuse definitely does feel the most polished out of box.

this is the power of gnome haters
it asks you what do you want to install I think, if anything it defaults to gnome now from what i've seen. Anyways it is shit.

Attached: 1544117394630.jpg (680x590, 25K)

I do use it, btrfs+snapper is great and it's KDE done right.
There's .rpmnew and .rpmsave though

I use arch. It's package management is awesome. I can build my own PKGBUILD and have it compiled and distribute it easily.

>t. Red Hat employee

On my job we have to build an application with SLES 11 support, and it's a fucking nightmare. Outdated compilers/kernels, retarded security settings, basically hopeless environment.

CentOS 7 is also bullshit.

Suse is good but Fedora is better if you're a linux guy. Suse is made for german office drones.

Fedora 29 is also bullshit. Upgraded to the latest kernel on a VM, then the login screen just disappeared.

Can't believe people ship such broken garbage.

I've been using Fedora 29 KDE spin since launch without a single issue.

>Works on my Machine TM. Pty. Ltd.

The Absolute State of Linux Users.

why should I use it over any other distro

Attached: opensuse2.png (547x435, 134K)

The only reason is the stupid "pattern" package system.

works on my machine installing and uninstalling different DEs, nothing has breaked ever. This is a great package manager. Apt sometimes leaves unbootable systemd just by uninstalling xorg

>breaked

My VM broke. A physical box works fine.

>vm breaks
>blame fedora
no

Attached: fedora.jpg (651x720, 89K)

Upgraded a kernel, then the login screen didn't show the login prompt anymore, just the background. Funnily enough, hovering the mouse over the place the prompt would be changes the cursor, so the prompt is actually invisible.

This only happens on Fedora. But yeah, maybe it's Jimmy Hoffa's fault. Can't argue with a chinese pedophile cartoon image.

Never trust the heathen chinee.

I don't use OpenSUSE because it has shit support for Cinnamon. Also, BTRFS's stability is questionable, even for the setups marked as stable on the BTRFS wiki. There are performance issues and data loss issues. Look at the bug tracker for OpenSUSE and you'll see this.

This is a known issue for some BTRFS systems when Snapper runs.