Why do Apple products have such utter shit build quality?

Why do Apple products have such utter shit build quality?

Attached: 1551873690274.webm (640x360, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2018/06/02/apple-should-kill-macbook-pro-keyboard/#6P.6myydoPqG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1535526802923.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

WTF i hate apple now

(You)

>$0.40 ribbon cable breaks because it's artificially thin
>need to replace entire mobo because it's soldered
LMAO

They build them as cheaply as possible and basically make it so you can't repair them so they can maximise their own profit.

>be engineer
>get paid to design the new mac
>why is shit
>was paid to make a mac
I don't know why it is a surprise to any one

OH NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1532487921334.webm (640x360, 1.68M)

apple homoquarters (1. infinite analring) knows what homos wants and the chinese knows what they can produce, so they'll tell them it can't be done but apple will think about it and say, yeah well we want it anyway because that's what homos want so we can sell it.
Chinese people say, okay whatever.

*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1540684454509.webm (640x360, 2.44M)

HOLY FUCK
big if true

mactoddlers will defend this

BASED!

This generation of MacBooks is a complete shitshow. The keyboard would be unusable even if it worked flawlessly as designed. The key travel is too small, it feels like tapping on a solid piece of plastic. Their next generation major redesign is going to have an all glass touchscreen keyboard justified as being thinner and we have autocorrect and Siri dictation anyway so why do you need accuracy or speed?

I had a MacBook Pro back in 2009 and I loved it. 10 years later and they are producing some of the most irritatingly backwards hardware I have ever experienced. I still love macOS, nothing even comes closet to it IMO, but I no longer can tolerate their hardware.

Pic related, this is the future Apple chose. Just try to read this article without screaming.

mashable.com/2018/06/02/apple-should-kill-macbook-pro-keyboard/#6P.6myydoPqG

Attached: appplekeyboard.png (995x1000, 792K)

STUNNING and BRAVE Apple innovation

>dream come true
holy fucking retarded apple faggots

>applel

Attached: 1549111854747.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

I am not against touchscreens in general, they have their place and advantages. I have an iPad that I use as my primary computer when I am out of the house, and it's fine for sending short messages. Actually my iPhone is probably faster typing with just thumbs. Sending a short email or making a quick post is totally fine.

I do NOT want to type code or compose long documents with a touchscreen. I sit down at a mechanical keyboard to do real work the way IBM and God intended.

Apple WILL do this because they cannot go any thinner with a physical keyboard. There's nothing left to cut. Their corporate culture is also obsessed with arrogant infallibility which makes it impossible for them to admit they ever made a mistake, so we will never return to a better keyboard at the cost of making the MacBook thicker. That would be a "regression" in their design and thus an admission of failure. Even when they added a rubber membrane to protect the new keyboards from dust, they claimed it was to make the keyboard quieter; even though the patent application they submitted specifically says it is to prevent particulate matter ingress.

They cannot admit mistakes and they cannot tolerate design regressions because their corporate ethos is based constant improvement which is defined as devices becoming smaller, thinner, lighter, and simpler every generation. You are not allowed to add anything, you can only take away.

first post based post

>remove the data recovery port on the mobo so that they have to buy iCloud support

Because Apple decided to make their Macs unreasonably thin instead of reinforcing their hardware build (tougher, better hardware, overall build, etc) of an existing form factor (personal opinion is they shouldn't have made the Mac thinner than the 2015 model MacBook Pros and if anything keep to the same dimensions, improve the hardware and thermal cooling systems and reduce the borders around the screen for more LCD).

Logic Board (equivalent to motherboard) does not have have flex cables.

Flex cable is with it's Display panel primary (along with the part's TCON board and flex cable which are a part of the Display panel assembly).

Also this. Pure simple greed.

Apple got to become a trillion dollar company by initially having countless exceptions and being fully compliant with various consumer law claims (which tricked many into making a move to Apple given their well renown customer service) only to full the proverbial rug by making exceptions considerably for difficult to grant (usually only possible if customer calls Apple now and only if the customer has a good case to make) and limit consumer law claims up to two years (instead of around 5 years or more for some other countries).

It is true. Seen it on many of the newer Macs I have worked on (unfortunate Apple tech here).

Had a similar idea to that too. A folderable iPad Pro that turns into a laptop (MacBook Pro) when bent at a 90 degree angle (one part becomes screen, other into the keyboard and trackpad).

It would either have to be on iOS or a more unified OS between iOS and macOS (OS X).

>using your device wrong
why can't normies operate their tech?

Fully agree with this.

I had a 2009, then a 2015. Now, I have a thinkpad T480, which is OK, but half the shit on OSX that was easy or automatic isn't available on winblows.

fpbp

I don't like laptops one bit

>applel

This is one of the things I love about my Ultrabook. The screen backlight is totally stable at any angle, a very well built machine. I've seen other laptops go through this shit.

Jobs Died

A more reasonable petition.

Attached: kill-the-macbook.png (995x868, 711K)

The most reasonable petition.

Attached: 1525285137753.png (885x771, 512K)

oh you

Attached: satanichia.jpg (918x719, 42K)

this desu

Attached: 1536766022236.gif (290x290, 216K)

underrated

>Logic Board (equivalent to motherboard)
For what purpose is it not called motherboard?

Who cares?
Just buy a new one what are you poor?

>A Mac toddler has defended this

Motherboard is a board other components are plugged into.
Logic board is a board with many soldered components ("the logic").

>90 degrees on a reflective as shit screen.
All you'll see is the keyboard.

Jobs was a retard.

Attached: 1552420347969.png (686x955, 420K)

>Jobs was a retard.
Jobs was not an engineer. He hired engineers to implement his designs. Sometimes his engineers had an off day.

Jobs literally told his engineers to fuck off when they came up with the proper solution. Jobs was a retard.

It can't take any daughterboards.

>you're using it wrong
classic macfag cop-out

His engineers offered 3 solutions, he could choose fans, vents, or a heat sink.
Engiees should have included the heat sink.

>Flex cable is with it's Display panel primary (along with the part's TCON board and flex cable which are a part of the Display panel assembly).
Almost as bad, because in the end you're replacing a part that is almost as expensive as the Logicboard (depending on configuration) for the failure of something that could easily have been made easily replaceable, but wasn't.

but they already killed the macbook's keyboard

His engineers offered him 1 solution, fans and vents. He told his engineers to fuck off and design a solution that doesn't work.
Jobs was a retard.

buy a new cable...
its like 5$

If they didnt break down, their customers wouldnt buy new ones.

No, on the new models, the cable that runs through the hinge is soldered to an lcd daughterboard thing.

Also im not sure if you can still get to the lvds cable by removing the clutch cover anymore. I’d have to check.

This

fpbp

Jobs was a retard but most of the people working for him were pussies. Jobs would listen if you actually tried to fight back. There were some cases were engineers told Jobs to shut up and Jobs listened

Attached: 1542792142114.png (1000x1000, 216K)

oh no no no no

because it's profitable

Attached: 1537433159761.jpg (996x954, 319K)

baste

this.

2015 15 inch retina without discrete graphics is the last great macbook ever.

>last great macbook ever.
that's not saying much

Attached: 1524194550932.png (636x727, 137K)

Planned obsolescence.

He learned from his early mistakes, and most importantly, knew how marketing work. These gormless fools that have replaced him speak like they learned customer communications through a women's studies seminar.

>He learned from his early mistakes

Attached: 1529649526307.jpg (656x611, 76K)

>2015 15 inch retina without discrete graphics is the last great macbook ever.
I managed to buy one new last year 2 weeks before they got discontinued. I'm pretty happy with it, but the CPU does show its age (Core i7 4770HQ)

>jobs rose from the dead in 2018 to make sure the i9 macbook had no cooling

cope

Attached: 1521528756070.jpg (988x802, 194K)

>"It's time for Apple to finish mechanical keyboard tyranny"
Topkek, why are tech journalists such retards, that piece of shit won't be usable at all if you are Kode With Karlie aka ls, cd, ls, cd code programmer

Because they want you to buy a new laptop every year.

>the CPU does show its age (Core i7 4770HQ)
I agree, but it's still really fast for a laptop. The Iris Pro graphics performs amazingly.

What bothers me the most is the temperature, this thing runs hot.

They don't otherwise you wouldn't keep posting about them.

Wonderful.

Why doesn't apple just make a laptop similar to the HP elitebooks, Dell Precision and Thinkpad P series? I mean I hate Apple and want them to go out of business, so they should NEVER do this and keep making thin and light warranty repair nightmare models.

t. itoddler

I'm confused. Is this a feature or is he using it wrong?

CRINGE
AND
BLUEPILLED

Its like how a forest gets really old and not much new can grow, but then it burns down and there's this huge growth wave with green everywhere. Apple is that old growth forest.

>~few percent global market share
>Think Different
It always makes me crack up.

cope

Jobs era: They choose aesthetics over engineering
Tim era: They choose profit over engineering

bNr