Attached: MSN23.jpg (1024x768, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerspacefan.com/roguesgallery.htm
web.archive.org/web/20070329034044/https://www.swordsofmight.com/
mynarskiforest.purrsia.com/
swordmagick.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would you want to?

Attached: bedroom 90s.jpg (1200x900, 301K)

Because we didn't grow up in the era where normalfags think they're tech literate and their opinion matters

because it was so innocent and happy like your picture, things were more simple back then, before the internet was tainted by big companies

Attached: winamp.png (1024x742, 106K)

But you can, user.

Attached: servrroom.png (2954x1509, 422K)

Why WOULDN'T you want to?

Attached: 008.png (926x896, 2.38M)

Because it was actually good. There were zillions of websites and visit, web rings based on interests, and plenty of search engines to try if your usual one didn't find something. Now there's just a small handful of companies that control the whole thing.

i just want to go back

Attached: PINGAS.jpg (478x357, 37K)

Check out mastodon. People here hate it because "muh liberals/trannies/furries" but it's a nice place and very comfy.

The internet wasn't bastardized with consolidation. Yeah, the connection speeds weren't that great, but there was a lot of interesting content still out there -- especially with the seemingly-endless fansites on Geocities/Angelfire/Tripod, each with their own flavor.

it was more than that, actual forums existed and people would literally use them on a daily basis, that does not happen today.

>actual forums existed and people would literally use them on a daily basis, that does not happen today.
you're posting on one right now genius

Jow Forums doesn't count.

why not?

Replaced by Discord and it is gay as fuck.

what is this?

How new?

Attached: 88j1g.jpg (1323x732, 363K)

Jow Forums is literally not much different than reddit in the main way that it is used, we even have advertising allowed here as supposedly native users posting. while forums were websites that had a specific purpose for their existence and were member supported with banner ads which paid by the print and not the click, most of these forums are replaced by subreddits and as such under editorial control and censorship by an actual corporation and not by the community itself.

Why was early Jow Forums so cringe

>2005
>early 2000's

It's my own personal private Habbo Retro server, newfriend.

It's pretty comfy.

Attached: untitled2.png (776x550, 60K)

Getting rid of frames by default was the beginning of the end for this site. I can't even get it to fucking work anymore.

I 'member

Attached: 4ch911.jpg (700x506, 49K)

>2005 and Jow Forums was already changed to technology
jesus christ how long have I been here

This is especially nostalgic to me because I had a late 90s-early 2000s tomboy friend whose room looked almost exactly the same as this.

>2.38 MB
I looked in a hex editor, massive walls of nothing. that file is 93% empty. did they not have compression back in 2004?

>internet 3.0
>comfy
pick one and only one

what do you actually DO in habbo?

Turn on EDGE

>2005
>early 2000s

Looks great. I could use a little nostalgic escapism

>/l/

Fuck that was a long time ago.

Attached: 3121.png (1280x1024, 84K)

Setup a piratebox.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, early Jow Forums was populated by literal kids that got kicked off of something awful

He's probably making his images as big as possible to fuck with Hiro.

every thread in these old screenshots has at least 2 trip/namefags thats why

kek

>what do you actually DO in habbo?
raid

Attached: 1503861566970.png (730x1080, 461K)

Attached: surgeon.jpg (492x388, 36K)

We're never going home, are we bros?

Attached: habbo.jpg (889x673, 170K)

goto wiby.me and hit surprise me
report back your findings
do not deviate

Attached: Wiby_logo.png (256x111, 4K)

Poole's closed anyway, so it doesn't matter

computerspacefan.com/roguesgallery.htm
interesting

Had to go back to the wayback machine after seeing this thread. Grew up weeb as fuck, spent a lot of my time on sites like this: web.archive.org/web/20070329034044/https://www.swordsofmight.com/

kek'd at "hacker safe"

Attached: swords.png (1286x571, 558K)

Free RS hacks. PM me your account and password and what you want.
100% safe.

Attached: 3mD6ASX.png (520x351, 94K)

mynarskiforest.purrsia.com/

>furshit

I'm a newgrounds immigrant who was pushed to Jow Forums in the early 2010s during the great diaspora of the ad-war that killed flash/animation online. Just how much more friendly was lulz based board culture? I got a taste of it in early Jow Forums before the normie and subsequent tranny invasion but it seemed as though there was genuine camaraderie in the 2000s that was prevalent across all the boards, or so I've heard.

>raids his own server with just him in

2000s Jow Forums was much better but everyone was a 'normie' then according to the ridiculous standards of Jow Forums users

It wasn't about likes and money. It was about fun. Finding things that was cool. Now it's all controlled and censored to some degree. It's about money, ads, and pushing agendas.

larp as a sysadmin what else

That's fine, I don't adhere to the tenants of wizardry since I sacrificed my mana to a succubus long ago. I'm just baffled by how apoloitical Jow Forums used to be, while I wasn't here at the time it does seem as though changeology was the breaking point for the early shitposting culture.

Self hosted habbo sounds comfy. How easy is it to add cool items and setups like that?

>I'm just baffled by how apoloitical Jow Forums used to be
nobody cared about politics in the 2000s
/b/ chanology retards stayed in their containment zone
gamergate and the 2016 election turned the whole site into the shithole it is today

holy shit Jow Forums's biggest issue is all these threads descend into a bullshit meta discussion of the site or Jow Forums itself or "old /[x]/ versus new /[x]/ just kys or keep posting jokes

you're a joke

here's your attention.

thanks I'm hard now

OwO

>Almost everyone in these screenshots have names and trips.
Dude...what if we, Anonymous, are the cancer...

swordmagick.com/
I can dig it