What Linux IDEs can beat Visual Studio?

What Linux IDEs can beat Visual Studio?

Attached: visual-studio-2013-logo.png (600x300, 8K)

Vim,
Emacs,
Intellij IDEA,
Visual Studio Code,
My favorites in that order

The thing is the debuggers. Everyone tries to wrap gdb on linux into something. I think I remember Code::Blocks doing an okay job.

why would you develop .net in linux?

Visual Studio Code ironically

Attached: ss.png (2432x1730, 513K)

since when is VS a .Net IDE?

since ever.
it is not a one trick pony.

.net-core is fucking great tho and when net-core 3 releases with the ability to create GUI software for Linux using it and C# Java is finished, ofc its not finished but i wish

I agree, but it's slow as balls, that needs to be fixed

none

Is C# slower than Java?

dotnet core is generally faster than Java in most benchmarks, but it could still be faster

Attached: FHfYzS.jpg (590x660, 30K)

VS
IntelliJ
VS Code
Brackets

i don't see why everyone "loves" visual studio, it sucks balls.

> the interface is horribly thought out. why does my window layout change when I press F5. why are certain buttons moved around or removed when I press F5 (can't delete folder, create new files, rename, etc)

> STILL no proper color scheme support in 2019

> settings menu is way over-complicated. just changing a font requires googling

> slow as fuck to startup, slow as fuck to open .sln files

> "Find All" text search results are just plaintext output to a console window (pic related) instead of listed as a tree separated by files like every other decent editor

> Their implementation of Sublime Text's Ctrl P called "Goto Anything" is slow as balls and still is less accurate than Sublime's

I could keep going on but I'm just tired.

Attached: image131.png (927x373, 12K)

Qtcreator and kdevelop makes a decent integration.
I don't use debuggers that much personally.

this but unironically

You guys want to know what I love about .net and .net core? The fact that every video about it on MSDN be it, tutorials or new feature revelations is all done on a fucking mac. Microsoft really is going down the shitter.

Attached: 1542012232645.gif (300x168, 791K)

Thats based tho, it shows up how open C# has become, and if .net-core 3 will really be whats its supposed to be then really everything for every platform will be possible to be made in it

>when net-core 3 releases with the ability to create GUI software for Linux
unfortunately that's not true. .NET Core 3 is going to support desktop apps only on windows.

Attached: 1529737703744.gif (512x807, 469K)

Those aren’t fucking IDE’s you nincompoop

Does Linux have any IDE in the first place?

Can someone tell me what VS can do that Vim can't? Genuinely interested as I've only ever tried PyCharm (shit) and Spyder IDE (barely passable). Maybe it's more useful for non-baby languages..

IntelliJ is IDE, VS Code is pretty much a light IDE too, vim and emacs can be made into IDEs when you slap a bunch of plugins on top of them

>successfully autocomplete and refactor on codebases with more than 5 files
>autocomplete without having to set up an autistic configuration file for every single project
>visual debugger integration
>code profiling tools
>remote debugging
>some ms shit like sql server if you're into it (who gives a shit)

it's clearly made for gigantic monolith C++ and C# projects that have not exactly grown by best practices

>debuggers
printf
seriously I never have and probably never will learn to use debuggers because printf has been enough

until you have nowhere to printf to

>I've never worked in multi million loc projects

it's a none trick pony

Slickedit. It's not Foss though

jed, gcc and gdb

Even in cases where that would suffice, using a debugger is so much faster and more powerful.

I just use it for the debugger

>acme2k
>tmux/emacs/vim
:^)

imagine being this retarded.

Our team unironically ditched VS/Windows and moved to VS code on linux once we migrated our old projects to dotnet core. It's far better.

>comparing .NET core to Java
And still the only companies that use .NET core are Bing and Stackoverflow, kek.

Paid pajeet .NET shills in 3...2...1...

>>debuggers
>printf
>>debuggers
>printf
>>debuggers
>printf
>>debuggers
>printf
>>debuggers
>printf
>>debuggers
>printf
>>debuggers
>printf
NEETs should fuck off, you know fuckall about software development, whther that was ironic or unironic.

vim in shell

imagine being this retarded

Because .net makes you $$$$ and your home machine is linux

Because it's the fastest stack and that Linus (the creator) worked for Microsoft to make it possible!

Enjoy paying overpriced piece of shit to develop C++ insecure garbage.

>enjoying spending hours to "debug" with printf

+1

Haha!