What are your go-to programs to install after fresh Windows install?

do you go straight open source?

Attached: 1548536290634.png (960x540, 357K)

Install Gentoo

install a bullet to your fucking brain

Linux Mint

7zip
notepad++
steam
discord
spotify
photoshop

Attached: 5F18B03B-B88F-43EE-A32B-5CA0C3EB7AD5.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

sublime is better

I must interrupt here. The term "open source" is a misleading one, which was coined by a group of secessionists in the 90s who felt like the mission of the Free Software movement was restricting their ability to collaborate with the publishers of proprietary software. They invented software licenses that allow the user to view the source code of their programs, claiming that this would respect the user's freedoms.
But that is not the case! Just being able to read the source code is not enough. "Open" software still restricts some of the user's basic software freedoms. There are four of them:
>To run the program as the user wishes (freedom 0)
>To view and modify the source code, so that the program does what the user wishes (freedom 1)
>To help your neighbor by sharing copies of the software with them (freedom 2)
>To help the software community by sharing modified versions of the software (freedom 3)
Note that none of these software freedoms require the program to be provided gratis; the term "free" in "free software" is derived from freedom, not free as in "free of charge".
Programs which do not respect these four software freedoms are a means to subjugate the user. Get are immoral. We call those oppressive programs "proprietary" or "non-free" software.
Using the term "open source" conjures up an illusion of freedom where there is none, which is even more morally wrong than admitting that the user is being oppressed. Therefore, I would ask that you categorize software not based on technical issues like source code availability, but the ethical and sociological issue of software freedom. Please, stop using the term "open source" and call software "free" or "proprietary" / "non-free" where appropriate. Should confusion about the term "free" arise, use alternatives such as "libre" (Spanish / French for "free as in freedom", unambiguous) or FOSS ("Free and Open Source Software", although the "Open" part is redundant).

First and foremost i run "Windows Privacy Dashboard" (WPD) to disable all the telemetry crap and then...

7-zip
Dism++
SumatraPDF
CrystalDiskinfo
Mem Reduct
Project Mercury PC
XMplay
Foobar2000
MPC-HC/BE
Firefox/Pale Moon

Attached: 1539116283_privacy_window.jpg (848x592, 117K)

BootDiskUtility to download MacOS(R)

7zip
mpv
foobar2k or AIMP (depending on the mood, maybe both)
Notepad++ (yeah I know)
Firefox
qBittorrent
WinDirStat
Sumatra (except on W10 Pro)
Greenshot
Steam

Jow Forums doesn't use Windows, paid Microsoft shill.

Jesus fuck at the paid shill threads on Jow Forums today. What the fuck happened, Microsoft? Are you trying to fill your shill quota or did something happen to make you mad at GNU's continued success?

Cleaning up and turning off ads on start menu
Install browsers with restored data
C++ packages
Office 2007 enterprise
7zip

>and yet another buttblasted Linux pedo

>SATANIA, A SHIT

Jow Forums is a windows board

Yes, exactly. SATANIA A SHIT. That's the point.

I think you might be the buttblasted pedo, Windows-shilling Weeaboo

>Weeaboo
How the fuck EXACTLY am I a FUCKING weeaboo? Do you even think about trying to use your fucking brain?

You’re arguing with a troll that only wants you to keep arguing with him for his own amusement.

Chocolatey

Then cinst everything else

>ads

you fucked up the installation
try again

Let me see:
>7-zip
>vlc
>office
>steam
>sumatrapdf
>qbittorrent
>VS Code

Attached: win10noads.png (1003x717, 494K)

Attached: windows essentials 2018.png (2023x7836, 1.85M)

>What are your go-to programs to install after fresh Windows install?
Nowadays? Practically nothing. I just carry a lot of portable apps on my USB.
AIMP, CCleaner, my build and profile data of Mozilla Firefox, Photoshop, ShareX and WebM Converter (although I do have to install avisynth to use it which sucks).

>do you go straight open source?
I don't really care. As long as the application works as intended and doesn't rely on internet connection unless it really needs to (basically web browsers and nothing else on my book).

>t. retard who doesn't know the meaning of "weaboo"
Off yourself.

7zip
Chromium
Blender
Photoshop
Steam
Discord (all my friends use it dont bully me)
ShareX
VLC
Notepad++
Office 2010
Qbittorent

Rufus or dd
then a void iso
you know what happens after

>Classic shell(gives you a windows 7 start menu)
>Chrome
>Deluge
>MPC
>7zip
I keep the install files on a removable hard drive.

sombody ask me to fix his asus laptop he have an audio input problems after update the drivers and trubelshoot i cam across so many popups windows and shitty adds on the way i suggest him to install mac knowing he is a normal user
WTF JUST HAPPEND IS LOOK SO BAD STOP USING THAT BOTNET CRAP RIGHT NOW!

If it was going straight open source I wouldn't have installed Windows 10 in the first place.

Np++, Adobe suite, audacity, Firefox, vlc, steam, fb2k, 7z, sharex, deluge
I used to use Sumatra but I use acrobat now cause it comes with the Adobe suite

Mostly familiar stuff, useful nevertheless. Thanks.

neovim+oni is better

Autohotkey, coretemp.

Thx for the tip, I'll switch infranview to nomacs when I get home :D

New MEGA accounts are 15GB now? oof

revamped 60s text editor + webui...

Pretty much
>Firefox with uBlock
>SMPLayer
>Deluge
>Popcorn Time

Why using this slow and deprecated software?

Speccy
IntelliJ
Dragon
Chrome
Photoshoop

Welcome to botnet.

chocolatey. go from there

Unfortunately I'm on the wrong computer for this question. Maybe when I get back home I'll reply proper. I got a nice list for my personal fresh install quick-start.

why don't you use an operating system that doesn't require this?

autodesk netfabb revit autocad inventor
adobe indesign premiere photoshop illustrator
microsoft excel (lmao go on go on say libre calc is equivalent to excel lol I bet you use google docs haha)
foundry nuke modo mischief
houdini redshift
sketchup pro
rhino6
zbrush
clairisse
vector magic
simplify3d
pureref
mangameeya
itunes (i fucking love itunesU big brain)
>gnu cultists will never know this pleasure for they are deprived of such wonderful programs
>freedom from fun freedom from being able to do things freedom from using your computer
>the whole world is wrong, only you and your buddies making buggy knockoffs are real software, nothing else counts because freedumbs and sheit