I want to use this for my ryzen 2700x...

I want to use this for my ryzen 2700x. I run renders for extended periods of time like 20+ hours and I'd like it to be as cool as possible.
Now with the stock cooler (and stock settings) it hits 80-81°C.
Is this Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 gonna do the trick? Any recommendations?
My tower is huge so no problems with space and I don't care about noise.

Attached: 20180510135855_be_quiet_dark_rock_pro_4.jpg (1298x1200, 704K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eNedCSpkcqQ?t=7m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Now with the stock cooler (and stock settings) it hits 80-81°C

Attached: 1537037986347.png (801x809, 181K)

I just installed one on my 2700X a couple days ago because the stock cooler was going into turbo mode when I would just open Windows Explorer. (Not that I'd intended to use the stock cooler - I got a water cooler when I bought my PC components, but broke the mount and am still waiting on replacement parts).

I haven't done much with my computer since installing the Dark Rock Pro 4, so I can't help you with performance when doing strenuous operations. Seems to keep the CPU pretty consistently between 38C and 45C when idling and doing light duty stuff. I plan to optimize that a bit better with my fan controller. I don't hear the fans at all in normal operation.

The thing was a real bitch to install, though. My graphics card didn't want to come out of its slot, so instead of forcing it and risk breaking anything, I had to install the cooler with that in the way. Very difficult to get those little fan retainers on the radiator correctly. The trick is to bend the tips in to give you more tension.

it is a pretty decent cooler. Nothing overly special but it does the job well enough. I have to agree with though, the little fan mounts are real cunts and you're going to end up frustrated and with painful fingertips by the time you're done. This is the 2nd cooler I've had that required using these awful creations from hell and it's better than the other one but in the end its not that big of a deal, once it is all finished and set up you're going to have relatively good temps.

However, if you're rendering for 20+ hours, I'd recommend a nice liquid cooler like an nzxt kraken, especially if you want to look at overclocking in the future, and some really good thermal compound - liquid metal comes to mind if you're really looking to lower temps and you're not worried about price.

I sound really anal about temps and I am, but anything to make your PC cooler and last longer is better.

nah noctua nh-d15 is up there with the best AIOs but doesn't come with the risk of leaking or price of custom loops. it's kinda ugly though.

>ugly
zoomer spotted

IIRC you can swap out those fans for others provided they fit.

Have you considered the hyper 212 evo OP?
It's a bit of a pain to install and may require a second purchase for your socket, but it is cheap and works well.

go back to India and play with your shit-colored fans over there

I bought a cryorig h7 for 37 € and it keeps ryzen 5 1600x at ~35°

see .

h7 is just a bit more expensive but much easier to unstall, looks better, and cools better

Get the regular dark rock, it's much cheaper and will do the job just the same. If you have a good enough mobo, the dark rock will still allow you to hit 4.3ghz on your 2700x.

Go and find a good closed loop water cooler. Easy as fuck to install, quiet, low power draw and excellent cooling all in one easy unit.
Throw an extra fan on and you can get excellent performance for minimal cost and easy installation.

Twin tower air cooler is the best thing you will get. This thing can even keep a threadripper cool. Better than that only a beefy 240mm radiator or a 360mm.

It's a pain in the ass to install but I've yet to try it on something it can't cool
Including an i7 980X at 3.9ghz, which stayed at around 75c under full load and 80% pwm, which is still pretty quiet

If you are running mini itx like me, make sure your CPU socket is centered minus .5" cutting off the dimensions of the pcie slot. It will on some boards overhang the top of the board or conflict with the pcie slot. CPU sockets are not all in the same place and a board with a low CPU socket will cause the cooler to block the first pcie slot. That really applies to any board if you only have the one x16 slot to work with.
The inside fan is also a bitch to get in there

Attached: IMG_3844.jpg (4032x3024, 1.67M)

I've run my custom loop 24/7 for 3 years now a days had no leaks.
Mining or rendering video.

same thing with enermax's hyper 212 equivalent. quiet af and performs better for about the same price. hard to find one available anymore tho

if you're referring to AIO coolers they are equivalent to air cooling but cost ~3x more

I have that exact cooler. It is ~1C behind the Noctua NHD15 in terms of best cooling temperature. I have an R7-1700X overclocked to 3.8GHz @ 1.375v and I never break 62C under 100% encoding load for literal days on end. Only thing is that the cooler is a bit of a pain to install if you're not used to big coolers and the cooler itself MIGHT block your first PCIe slot depending on your motherboard. Pic related.

Attached: NewGuts.jpg (2048x1536, 939K)

Holy shitballs that's a big cooler. I don't know if this will fit senpai. I will make sure I measure everything.
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm using this bad boy with a 2600 overclocked to 4GHZ at 1.25V, max it reaches is 60C.

But I may have botched up the thermal paste installation looking at 's temps

>don't care about noise.
Crank all fans to 100

noctua said to release a 'blackout' edition Q1 this year

Most AIOs are 20% or so more expensive than high end Air coolers.

>Holy shitballs that's a big cooler
If I took that cooler off would your CPU die?

It'd be very painful.

But how, according to AMDrones the Ryzens run so cool and the stock coolers are soo good?

Quick question.
Is there a definitive method of applying thermal paste?

try running the 9900k with the stock cooler and see what happens

I've been doing the "rice grain" method since forever. Unless you're running an oddball chip like the THICC Threadripper's it'll be fine. I don't spread it either, let the cooler do that.
They do. The difference is do you want a cooler that gets loud running at 85%-100% fan speed to cool the chip? Or near dead silent because the heatsink and fan are bigger? I install after-market coolers even on locked processors just for the noise reduction.

>the stock cooler was going into turbo mode when I would just open Windows Explorer.
you fucked up the mounting or live inside a volcano

Yeaah sure because misleading customers by providing a cooler that's too shit for the job is better than just leaving the cooling choice to the customer.

to be fair the 9900k doesn't even try to include a stock cooler for a reason.

first top fan stealing cool air from the front intake and ur cpu fan sucking more hot air from the gpu

right, so a housefire

sorry to break it to you, but fan orientation isn't as important as you think. I've played with fan/air flow direction for literal hours in my younger years and the absolute biggest difference that was made was less than 0.2C.at a max.

neither does any of the Threadripper CPU's. And the first gen Ryzen X series chips didn't include coolers either. (1600X/1700X/1800X). None of those are housefires. But yes, the 9900k is indeed a fucking furnace.

youtu.be/eNedCSpkcqQ?t=7m28s

very dependent on the PC case used. And my temps overall on my GPU and CPU dropped several degrees when I mounted fans in the top.

DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 200T

Why though. It seems worse than a hyper x 212 or whatever it's called.

Get the Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT instead. It provides the best temperatures of any air cooler on the market AND manages to be the quietest at the same time.

Attached: installed3.jpg (1024x768, 358K)

The best bang for buck

I have a PureRock on my 1800x.
It worked fine but after a year the fan started making noise. so I replaced it with a noctua, and no more noise.

>I want to use this for my ryzen 2700x

I got one expecting my 2700x to do long turbo boosts quietly while using FD R6 fitted with all Silent Wings fans.

For the price it's underwhelming.
The CPU heats up to 70C and drops turbo while also getting audible.

So I would recommend getting Le Grand Macho or maybe the biggest Noctua cooler if you want to have a quiet but powerful machine.

shut the fuck up and post test results by a reputable source

>le grand macho
reddit's favourite

Just get a NHD15s, it performs 1 degree less than the 2 fan varient and the same as the Dark Rock Pro 4. Its much much easier to install than the Dark Rock Pro 4 and has next to no clearance issues. Only downside is the poo colored fans.

Attached: 1536790501828.png (1200x797, 1.68M)

or you can get the Le Grand Macho RT, its quieter and performs better than the nhd15 and dark rock pro 4. Its got 7 heat pipes that are all saturated with fins in one single big air cooler, while the others are twin air coolers.

> AiO
> quiet

I hope you arent serious.

>can only buy it from chinks
>0 copper

no thanks i like my shipping taking less than 3 years

you can sell the fans and buy non-poo version noctuas

see

>test results by a reputable source
Like a fucking YouTube video?
You have to go back.

thanks for confirming you're a fucking retarded nigger with nothing to back up your claims. why dont you fuck off yourself you clueless namefagger

go find the results yourself, already did enough spoonfeeding

>X is better than Y
>spoonfeeding
see

>why does the processor get hot if I run out without a stock cooler

To test the best CPU cooler why don't reviewers, make the CPU Cooler fanless, measure where the CPU throttles at, the CPU that throttles at the highest clocks will have better heat disspation passively. This is way more fair test than using many different coolers with different fans, running at different speeds, having different noise levels and air pressure.

because passive coolers have different designs and some dont perform as well as active coolers when both have fans

simple, then use the same fan on every dfifferent cooler for a fair test

but you dont get the same fan when you buy different coolers you moron. most people dont swap the fans because that's another $20-50

only for the poor that is. An extra hundred or two is nothing much. The people who want the best air cooler will be spending extra

it is when you consider the minimal difference in temps because the good ones all have good fans already

Attached: 1494102622842.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

idk dog, i have a r7 1700 ocd at 4ghz, d15 p95 doesnt go over 58 at 27 ambient and sounds super quiet

I can grab a CM MasterLiquid 240 non pro for $67 USD, NH-D15 Will cost me over $115 USD the DarkRockPro4 would cost over $100, both of them use expensive $30+ USD fans and will either conflict with my fully utilized ram slots or my graphics card on my Ryzen.
I just don't see the point. the CoolerMaster out performs the D-15 by 1 degree without resorting to some fancy custom fan.

Attached: cm-240-stock-temps.png (800x1000, 70K)

The dark rock Pro 4 is 76€ here.
If I'm reading the chart correctly, it's near the best right?

Should have got a D15 mine sits at 75c 4ghz all core under full load
I'd say the bottleneck is poor airflow in your case.
I ripped the front panels off my old one helped alot.

Using a Dh15s here, 4790k overclocked at 4.7ghz 1.35 volts. Using prime95 at small fft without avx gets me up to 88 degrees max on my 2nd and 3rd cores. Using prime95 with avx workload gets my CPU at max temp of 95 degrees on stock CPU settings, and thermal throttles.

>I'd recommend a nice liquid cooler like an nzxt kraken

>i want to run extended periods of time
>hey put this pump in it that's almost guaranteed to fail after x hours which is 1/4th the lifetime specified in the specs

Don't buy an AIO, the pumps are literally glorified aquarium pumps. They're cheap, tiny little pieces of shit that don't die only because most people don't run their PCs 24/7

A custom loop is going to have the equivalent of a babby industrial pump clone. They're vastly different and leagues better than AIOs

Top 240mm/280mm and 360mm/420mm AIOs perform better than the top air coolers

NH-D15 Chromax is peak air cooling aesthetic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

We're not talking about performance, we're talking about reliability. OP wants something for work apparently then an AIO is not the answer. A good fan will probably last you longer than the rated life time. Fans are simple and reliable.

Hnnng want but my se D15 is more than good enough and I like the bare fins

Attached: 1548915092176.png (1000x1000, 82K)

Lower voltage?

Then I'd suggest getting the El grando macho and replacing the fan with pic related, Noiseblocker B14

Attached: 1541830117531.png (1000x1000, 613K)

thats p high, what case rpm?

im calling out the testing methodology for this chart. the d15 beaten by the d15s? theres no way

Fairly low
It's never above 50% usually but whisper quiet

yeah but how much did it cost? $300? $400?

At those temps over idle it's probably something dumb like the D15 not fully ramping up in response because the fan curve isn't aggressive

these tests are meant to be standardised, either at a db or cfm or rpm or % intervals. this should never happen in a proper testing environment

>NH-D15 Will cost me over $115 USD
wth they're only 96 bucks

That's down to Intel's shitty TIM. It's incapable of properly transferring the heat to the cooler, so it doesn't matter what you have on there past a certain point. Even with the highest end AIOs on the market their pasted chips overheat, whilst the water temperature on the AIO barely rises because the heat just isn't being transferred there by the shitty solution under the IHS.

I have a 3970X at 4.7GHz/1.4V that pulls ~250W under AVX stress testing and my NH-D15 keeps it in the low 80s. Sandy Bridge really was/is amazing for how much power you push through them without temperatures getting out of control thanks to the soldered IHS and the larger process node decreasing thermal density.

>Dark Rock Pro 4
i5-9600k 4.8ghz dynamic voltage, 1.38v max

Attached: temps.png (478x672, 50K)

>$400
Try $1,200 for everything.
Custom loops will nickel and dime you to death.

>300-400$ for a custom loop
What kind of utopia do you fucking live in?

>my graphics card didn't want to come out of it's slot
explain how you are this retarded