Use React to make front end

>use React to make front end
>use Node/Express to server side render your app
>use Docker and containerize it
>use Kubernetes and scale it on the fly
>use Electron if you ever want to target desktop users

Meanwhile you C++/Java aficionados are busting your asses trying to get your GUI to look good, trying to get it to scale, and trying to make it cross platform. You learn this stack and you're hired at any start up. Face it, JavaScript has won and there is very little time until a JavaScript to Machine code compiler exists. Not to mention file sizes don't even matter nowadays since everyone has an SSD. Your days are numbered.

Attached: 1551990481104.jpg (508x386, 17K)

JS won't save you from aids

>writing programs that require a GUI
How boring must that be.

>js to machine code
this makes no fucking sense

Don't pretend people will use programs without a GUI. You forget it's 1999 + 20, and zoomers and boomers can barely install things from the app store. They can't even move their pictures to a USB, it's hilarious.

Imagine being proud of being a webdev in current year and using all these harmful "technologies". I hate nu-Jow Forums

Depends on your clientele, then. The people I work with need to be convinced harshly to touch any scientific program with a GUI. CMD only, honey.

Except all the good programmers use typescript or coffeescript or even kotlin to produce JavaScript because it is infact that bad

They're harmful in the same way C was harmful when assembly was the main language to program. It's an improvement and you're on the wrong side of history.

At the same time, the majority of software development is to write software for humans. These tools make it faster to ship, faster to develop, faster to update, low downtime, and better user experience.

I agree. JS is where the money is

>Node

Disgusting. You can make anything work with React, Docker and Kubernetes, and you choose Node? Fucking horrific. A terrible choice.

I ain't touching your shit with a ten foot pole nigga.

>webdev
>native
pick 1

Think of electron as a compatibility layer the same way Java uses the JVM. It may not be 100% native, but it's pretty close and you wouldn't notice a difference anyways.

They're harmful because they're bloated pieces of shit that only serve to make our computers slower. But it's OK cuz nowadays only poorfags have less than 16 GB of RAM and an i7, so we can afford to run garbage and have it sorta work.

Pretty much my current job. Unfortunately I hate node. There is no reason to use javascript on the backend. ASP.NET Core and Golang kill it in performance

>Unfortunately I hate node
Why exactly? It's much more efficient to write than C# thanks to first-class functions and promises, and Go is a piece of shit.

asm.js retard

Attached: mmm_grayons.png (558x614, 32K)

Dynamic typing is cancer. And no, Typescript is incomplete in coverage and your types are still erased after compiling to JS.

>not WASM
tard

And C++ will?

>Dynamic typing is cancer
Really it's no big deal. If you're experienced, you can do fine with both dynamic and static typing. I'd rather use dynamic typing than an incomplete static system such as go's (or C#'s to an extent).

Dynamic typing promotes runtime errors, increases documentation burden and decreases performance. No reason to use it over static typing in any non-trivial project.

>thanks to first-class functions and promises
C# has first-class functions and it was literally why ECMAScript got async/await and arrow functions after the Delphi/C# designer copied those to TS.
node.js might have some upper hand in cases where dynamic langs are the best tool but certainly not those two cases, retard.

If you love C, quickly make a crossplatform program that starts HTTP server that can receive XML, then runs quick transformation, and renders resulting text as an image and POSTs it as base64 string in JSON, using 4 parallel workers.
In nodejs it will take 10 minutes and approximately 100 lines of easy code.

>#include

Sweet, now what?

>use React to make front end
>use Node/Express to server side render your app
why even use react if you want server side rendering?

I simply use Winform.
Fuck Javascriptniggers.

>How boring must that be.
so this is why a simple ping app with a black gui and a single start/stop button is 2MB with a repose time long enough to sip a drink in between tests

t. self taught neet faggot who knows nothing about plt

Facts:
- Everyone hates Electron
- Normies are starting to realise that bundling an OS with every application of JavaScript has strangled innovation
- Static typing will win
- You cannot backport static typing onto a js project. By the time you rewrite everything to use static typing and borrowing semantics, you have rust.

go back to VB6, thot

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (728x546, 78K)

He’s talking about a universal app that renders the first page on the server and behaves like a SPA after initial load.

>If you're experienced, you can do fine with both dynamic and static typing.

only lurker twitter fags think this. assuming you are better than a machine-checked build process is fucking glow nigger shit.

Attached: 7c83c7e4d5b5fd3c8f79e172304c4cc7868eac51009b3d5d05932c292df5c566.jpg (480x360, 15K)

top kek

VB6 is much superior than shitfest Javascript is. If only Netscape implemented Lua as frontend scripting language, things would be much better today.

>Meanwhile you C++/Java aficionados are busting your asses trying to get your GUI to look good, trying to get it to scale, and trying to make it cross platform.
Never heard of Qt? You only need to learn one thing.