Why is everyone pushing 4K screens on laptops when Retina Macbooks are around 1440p/1600p and they already look better...

Why is everyone pushing 4K screens on laptops when Retina Macbooks are around 1440p/1600p and they already look better than anything else anyways.

2160p is just a waste on a 13-15" screen. Wouldn't 1440p 144hz make more sense on a laptop?

Attached: 4klaptop.jpg (425x319, 16K)

Because smart phones have it.

iToddler fuck off.

because nobody wants to admit that Apple did the right thing all along with their retina strategy

So they can hide more Jewish propaganda in the pixels like 'give to charity' or 'be a good person'

Attached: devilish.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

thinking the same here.
i have dell xps 13" with 1080p
looks crispy and shit
if i would go fot the 4k model it would cut 40% of the battery life. Also the machine performance would plunge.

dont fall for 4k meme on tiny screens like phones of laptops.
4k makes sense on big screens like tv 55"+

The newest high end laptops are already pushing 240hz/144hz IPS displays

Last time Apple did a right thing was.... we don't even remember. Since then.

> no inovations
> retina meme
> dongles
> no audio jack (sure, let's go wireless but not with nowadays BT audio crap quality)

if you dont believe me look at some internal company numbers not just shiny iphone images.

Because bigger number = better

>2160p is just a waste on a 13-15" screen.
I've wanted that ever since 2010 when the Fujitsu U820 came out. Now I can have a UHD laptop with a decent graphics card for roughly $700.

Only 1080p

>Why is everyone pushing 4K screens on laptops
Because it's the new thing to have regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.
>when Retina Macbooks are around 1440p/1600p and they already look better than anything else anyways
Too bad they're throttling pieces of shit that are ridiculously overpriced given the components and the fact they're just glorified facebook/movie machines.
>Wouldn't 1440p 144hz make more sense on a laptop?
This is equally retarded. Even the most powerful desktop GPU struggles to drive a 1440p screen at 144Hz in recent games.

xps 15 4k here

Have 9-10 hours batter life if speakers turned off and flightmode on.
Only do excel, pdf and slight browsing
Screen at 47% brightness

Watch out for (((them))). Windows update cut my 14hours to 8 with the autumn update from 2017
it's all planned obsolescence

yeah, I think the new Windows 10 update cuts the performance for some reason

also XPS 15 4K here. I'm never going back to smaller res.

XPS 15 4K here. It's a real pleasure to use, and a moderate pain in the ass to configure on ubuntu + external 1080p monitor. Works okay-ish on Ubuntu 18.10 with Wayland, with some quirks. Gotta ask my employer for a 4K external monitor.

shut up and spend money

Yep and that's when I completely shut it off am still on autumn 2017 update and have had no problems so far.
All you need is services.msc, regedit.msc and gpedit.msc and your laptop is running like it was bought yesterday.
For some reason my laptop is now faster that when I bought it and cooling temps (which were 45°C only using excel and pdf side by side) are now 38-40°C.

Attached: 1544053820295.gif (200x200, 341K)

To eat battery faster, to make u charge more, to degrade battery faster then force you to buy a new machine.

The trend is finally going away from 1366x768 on laptops. And now Jow Forums complains?
Why would you not want to have a good screen for any computer?
Fucking overstayed 2015 summerfags.

4k on a 13-15" laptop screen is fucking placebo because a human eye with 20/20 vision simply doesn't have the visual acuity to resolve that kind of detail at that viewing distance. It's unnecessarily taxing on the GPU for no benefit whatsoever. Don't get me started on 4k phones.

because the human eye cant see that fast and thats a waste on a laptop
see how that works?