Can somebody confirm that the youtube search filter "sort by" doesnt work at all?

can somebody confirm that the youtube search filter "sort by" doesnt work at all?

I doubt this is account-specific, but you never know

Imo youtube has taken a complete nosedive in terms of usability. the recommended videos are utter trash now, mostly unrelated to the video I'm currently watching and basically derived exclusively from my viewing history
on top of that, 60-90% of them are videos that I've already watched.

if the sorting by date / views or relevance is globally disabled now, I'm having a really fucking hard time looking for and finding videos which arent directly from a pool of choiced they decided I am allowed to watch. I can't even find specific videos that I KNOW are on their site.

Am I really the only person to notice this?

Attached: yt_logo_rgb_light.png (794x178, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2019/03/18/youtube-new-zealand-shooting-videos/
youtube.com/results?search_query=radbrad&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

eh, reproduction steps:

search for any terms (multiple words, single words, doesnt matter, as long as there's a couple hundred results)

bring up the "filter menu"

click on "sort by: views" and check if the results are sorted by views (they arent in my case)
click on any other "sort by:" option and check if the results change at all (they dont in my case)

this is basic functionality and certainly not an accident on their part, if it turns out to be the same for everyone

engadget.com/2019/03/18/youtube-new-zealand-shooting-videos/
Apparently they disabled it cause they got spammed with NZ shooting uploads
what a load of bullshit, I actually used this feature and they broke it as a kneejerk reaction
why is that site run by a bunch of incompetent people?

possibly because of that, but imo I had trouble before this weekend too
usually the first few videos shown are unaffected by filters, but now its just all of them

I cant even go to "page 20" of the results because they use fucking infinitescroll

what if I want to view a video that was uploaded 2 years ago, do they expect me to infinitescroll for 17 minutes though hundreds of thousands of videos until my ram explodes?

point is these flaws are so obvious that I think its agenda. they are having a massive problem managing their video database, and they try to cover this up by making it impossible to view those videos instead of being able to moderate and remove them

they will go tits up within months if this doesnt change imo

youtube.com/results?search_query=radbrad&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&disable_polymer=1

yeh it seems to be broken but it sort of always was

filtering by views and upload date definitely worked as of, probably a month ago

thanks for testing it tho

i was doing this earlier, sort by upload date had no effect - i feel this is somehow related to the current censorship/blocking attempt going on for certain search queries, will probably fix itself

Infinite scroll is the worst thing to happen to the internet.

No I am noticing this as well. Might be time to move over to Bitchute. Yes it's not YouTube. But at least they can improve and become it.

It's because of the NZ shooter. They broke it because of the video everyone is trying to see.

It's stale already, are they gonna let it broken forever?

yeah

>search brenton tarrant
>hmm ok
>search brenton tarrant playlist
>nope
>google search brenton tarrant playlist
>youtube videos show
we are so censored right now

Yesterday I was trying to find videos about that big ISIS battle and noticed that sorting by date did shit all.

>they will go tits up within months if this doesnt change imo
I agree. When you filter by time & get recommended videos from 6 years ago when you want something new from this week it means the entire site is fundamentally inaccessible.

How are you suppose to make a new channel is NOBODY can see it?

most likely also because of the pedo wormholes as described by some dude, happened like 2 weeks ago
I'm sure someone can dig up a story or something

problem is, the videos were never removed, they only changed their algorithms so they no longer show up in the recommended sections and deleted the comments

chill my man, it is just a temporary change
also all isps cache youtube to save bandwidth, that only adds to the confusion when they introduce a change like this

>IF IT DOESN"T CHANGE
I'm not saying it's not going to change, just that the site's dead if it doesn't. Is there any official statement on when youtube is fixing this?

>he recommended videos are utter trash now, mostly unrelated to the video I'm currently watching and basically derived exclusively from my viewing history

yep, this is my biggest complaint about youtube. the recommended videos used to actually be related to the videos you were watching, but now the vast majority are not. it's all shit I've already watched.

I assume they made this change simply because most people will re-watch previous content several times rather than branch out. they probably found it was more effective in getting more views.

I used to find so much good music with youtube, and now it just recommends the same 20 songs regardless of what I'm listening to. no matter what I start listening to, if I let autoplay take over I start going down the same exact path of songs. drives me crazy sometimes.

pic unrelated but always slightly related

Attached: 1548633144369.jpg (656x960, 61K)

yes, this is a huge problem for content creators

but for casual viewers like me it is equally annoying. the recommended videos were a great source for videos related to the topic of the video that I am currently watching

now they are completely unrelated. yes they are videos that I would possibly consider watching, but I am not currently watching a video that is thematically related. its a complete random dart throw at whatever I am interested overall, and its even worse that I HAVE ALREADY WATCHED MOST OF THEM.
they even have a special function that lets me remove the video and select a reason for it and it does fuck all, despite having the explicit option to select "i have already watched this video"

even if this would prevent the videos from showing up in further recommended section (it does not), it is a ridiculous concept that I would need to remove every single video by myself from the recommended section to stop it from showing up. I would quite literally go through my viewing history in reverse

I doubt there is any statements about any of this
what are they supposed to say?

"due to the insurmountable problems, we have temporarily completely fucked the site. stand by until our engineers conjure up a better solution" ?

This is what I thought. I've tried searching several things by "today" and "last hour", but it's not working.

nothing is working. I dont even know what the heck "sort by: rating" is supposed to mean, but it doesnt sort a shit

But that's bull, isn't it? I definitely saw posts of jewtube filters being fucked even before the shooting.
>why is that site run by a bunch of incompetent people?
Its operating on a loss and they toss most of their work on retarded college diversity hires