Does Jow Forums ever have e-scooter threads?

Does Jow Forums ever have e-scooter threads?

Attached: 11845.jpg (1009x545, 43K)

It does from time to time.

Attached: russian_firmware.jpg (480x360, 55K)

Speaking of custom firmware, does increasing the motor's power eat up more battery, even if it goes up to the same top speed as with less power?

>custom firmware for fucking scooters
now we're talking, this is the future I wanted

Those Xiaomi e-scooters are quite nice, Ive seen a lot of them in Barcelona..quite useful.

Attached: 1447376291684.jpg (261x262, 10K)

They are. I own one and beside the fact that this shit is heavy (all are) it's really cool. Wonderful stuff for summer.

It does. You also need to upgrade some diodes or fuses on older models, easily obtainable from chinks.

There are also replacement control boards available, so hamburgers can steal one from those sharing companies, rip out gps/wan and control board and replace it with bought one.

I live in shitty slav city with horrible traffic and those are everywhere.

..hey slavbro! Where do you live, I also live in a shitty slav city and they didnt still come here.

oh nice, so generally these are recommendable? I'm really starting to hate walking and missing out on trains and shit and can't bring a bike to the train because it's too fucking crowded.
They don't seem expensive, basically what I paid for my bike

Ive seen them for 320$ ..that is nothing

lucky, they're more around $580 here
yuro tax is brutal

Legs are obsolete, how do I cut them off?

>oh nice, so generally these are recommendable?
Absolutely though you might wanna wait for the Pro to come out internationally.

Slav here as well. It's actually relatively popular where I live. Like almost everyday I see someone on a Xiaomi scooter.

>you might wanna wait for the Pro to come out internationally
any clue on when that might be?

As user said, they're heavy, xiaomi one is ~12kg if I remember right so don't know about hauling that thing in train, never tried it tho, maybe it's nonissue.

Zagreb, Croatia, ex-yu. There's no sharing service here, you have to buy it yourself but then again people are buying en masses.

Attached: IMG_20190310_162343.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

Likely very soon. They came out in China in february. You can get it from China too if you don't care for warranty and stuff. Which might be the case if you want to get custom firmware and stuff.

>As user said, they're heavy, xiaomi one is ~12kg if I remember right so don't know about hauling that thing in train, never tried it tho, maybe it's nonissue.
They're foldable so they can be taken into a train, although still, they're pretty cumbersome.

is that kustošija
>zagreb
ah ok nisam pročito do kraja post
pretty based, was gonna ask if anyone here around balkans uses it.
I don't see why it would be an issue though IF it's on the new train. in the mornings I enter at one of the first stops so I'll always get a seat anyways and it wouldn't be a problem to put it away. On the way back it could be somewhat of a hassle but I imagine it shouldn't be a problem space-wise if it's kept vertical
ah great
and nah, I think I'll wait, I'll get raped by customs for ordering something like that

>I'll get raped by customs for ordering something like that
Well they cheat customs where I live by getting it through UK or something. I never did it myself but I heard that if you just mail the seller that you want help choosing a tax-free shipping method, they usually figure it out.

I have a M365 with a modded firmware. It's pretty nice. I live in a city with a lot of hills and i can still get around 20-25km out of it. I'm planning on installing an OLED dashboard.

I would definetly say its worth 400 euros after shipping fees etc.

>kustošija

It's a small world.

As for customs you can order from one of chink EU warehouses (most are located in Spain) and sometimes it's possible to get one shipped directly from China when there's open DHL "channel" that circumvents local customs and package appears like it's of EU origin. Don't know how that works but it does work. Those options are expensive but still cheaper than paying import tax, sales tax and local administrative fees.

What OLED dash are you gonna get?

What specs do you have on the modded FW?

ah awesome
where did you get yours? The only site I know of with EU warehouses is gearbest or something like it

I prefer my bike

Attached: serveimage.jpg (249x202, 10K)

Bought it used locally, was ~2.8k in local shekels so ~$430, actually bought it for my mom since she's getting old and moved to small city on the coast.

I'm still on bike since I'm afraid I will become fat fuck if I stopped cycling which is about the only physical activity I still do.

Attached: 4321.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

If I see some fag on a scooter I'll know its one of yous
T. vrapce user

Where did you get yours from

How would you use an e scooter in an American city? Can you drive it in the bike lanes?

I think so. I mean US has lots of scooter sharing services. Lime, Hive, Bird and so on.

Any way to upgrade the battery?

Yeah actually. Google it, there are tutorials.

I roundhouse kick every fucking zoomer I see on these gay little zooms zooms

Yes and no. They are still shipping with a compromised firmware, so you NEED to update it.

They're incredibly useful if your commute is around or less than 7km

Are these nice or super dangerous?

Attached: 2019-03-19-100130_608x239_scrot.png (608x239, 84K)

Why aren't you using a bicycle though? Is bicycle parking space *that* difficult to find?

git gud

Xiaomi and ninebot are botnet
Also, they are weak, so weak that noname chink shit is better

Weather, hills, physical unfitness, sweat, etc.

Skateboard with marginally more risks. Not that skateboards are particularly safe if you drive them like most people drive them.

I think I'm going to look into motorized bicycles instead. I got a 17 minute car commute that I'd love to ride on.

If I'm going to work I'd rather not arrive sweaty.

goped > twink mobiles

>Weather
How does an e-scooter protect you from the weather?

> hills, physical unfitness, sweat
At worst that's an e-bike or small motorcycle, but most places aren't nearly srs enough that you'd have to bother.

Sounds like a better plan, yep. Should be feasible with both electrical and combustion engines.

Are there electrical setups that charge while peddling? Doing small amounts of research, but there are so many options it's overwhelming.

> Are there electrical setups that charge while peddling?
Technically surely quite easily feasible, but I don't know if any do.

Doesn't sound like something that would be popular with e-bike users though, the point is to avoid doing that work.

If you want to provide the power yourself, might be better off just having a nice gear set on an unpowered bike (which then has smaller tires / lower weight).

not him but can't bring on train, even the foldable ones are still too large

This.

t. BBSHD on a mountain bike, shit is sublime.

I have two working legs, thanks for asking.

Attached: 6967360568_b68b73e979_b.jpg (1024x768, 612K)

bicycle hipsters can fuck off to /v/

Nothing rides like the good old iron.

Your trains don't have spots for bicycles & the overhead / passenger compartments are too small for folding bikes?

We got both. Arguably, the earlier is only available on roughly 50% of the connections and costs a few bucks extra, so usually you'd just have your bicycle parked at the destination and/or origin if it's a daily commute.