Is there any app like newpipe for twitch? getting sick of all the ads

is there any app like newpipe for twitch? getting sick of all the ads

Attached: combologo_474x356.png (474x356, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/alamminsalo/orion
twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pocket Plays but Twitch have begun injecting ads directly into the video stream and no longer works.

>injecting ads directly into the video stream
can you elaborate?
I noticed that I can no longer exit out of the app and reopen it to skip ads on an older version which I never updated for that reason, is that why? are you saying there's no way to get rid of them at all now even with a 3rd party app?

bumb need this

Orion: a bit buggy though:
github.com/alamminsalo/orion

There is the alternate app called Vortex that's so dumbed down it cannot play ads. It also has limited chat capabilities.

There is nothing to elaborate on it.
Ads are injected into the data stream. It's like the streamer was streaming an ad.
Want to data stream without ads? Hit the mf sub button goyim.

It says Desktop client but you should be able to find it on Playstore or maybe F-Droid I don't remember where.

why don't you have pihole on your raspi?

Never dealt with ads on twitch and stuff before, like doesn't that make you possibly miss interesting moments because it cuts into random parts of the stream ? Honestly I would think banner ads or something would be better?

what kind of faggot watches people playing video games
> linux user

can you link me vortex?
I remember trying it a long time ago since it had pop out before the official app did but I can't find it anymore

>app
Streamlink

lol, the ads are embedded in the stream now, there aren't any workarounds just yet, enjoy your unskippable ads for awhile during your vidya streams user.

Attached: 1547937375072.jpg (574x881, 54K)

dns level adblocker

Firefox with ublock origin and tracking disabled blocks all ads. I never bothered to check which one of the two is doing the blocking because it just werks the way it is.
But for me the twitch web UI is cancer enough on its own desu, so I use streamlink on VLC with a script that also opens a chromium window for pop-up chat. Ungoogled chromium, of course, cause I'm autistic

Twitch plays some mandatory ads, but only when you open a stream. All other ads are played by the streamer at the time he chooses.

you're just going to block the stream it's the same aws stream

Ah alright.

??works just fine for me

Is that phoneshit? Streamlink GUI + VLC here, zero ads
>vlc
Everything else supports livestreaming so poorly that this is the lesser evil

>Everything else supports livestreaming so poorly that this is the lesser evil

What? I have no issues with mpv. I actually used VLC first because it was the default but holy shit it's so bad it actually capped the framerate to 60 on my 144hz monitor when I had it playing in the background while playing games.

VLC not even once

twitchls.com with brave blocker

WTF are all of you talking about? Which ads? Ever fucking heard of a fucking AdGuard?

you're retarded

Stop watching twitch you degenerates

Attached: 287612.png (519x553, 296K)

THE ADS ARE EMBEDDED IN THE VIDEO YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Streamlink to MPC HC / BE or VLC
Chatty for chat

How many threads about this have you made in the last few days?

Attached: works on my machine.png (200x193, 30K)

They now have ads that are part of the data-stream itself. I've only seen ads like this for amazon originals so far. Ad like this is not interact-able and probably less targeted, likely give less valuable.
Waiting for youtube to start doing the same. Why not?

Use the Alternate Player for Twitch add-on on Firefox or just straight up use a video player like VLC or MPC to embed the stream.
The add-on completely replaces the basic twitch player with an html5 one and gives you a ton more playback option, also completely gets rid off any ads, they don't even travel down the internet tubes towards you.

>use a video player like VLC or MPC
Doesn't work

Attached: 2019-03-19_23-45-01.png (984x581, 102K)

Hm, I figured it should.
Anyways, I haven't had a single app since using the alternate player, but maybe they just haven't rolled out these super invasive ads here in Europe yet or something?

are the days of adblock over? soon every youtube and twitch video will have injected ads

its called youtubedl

Attached: mpv.png (1831x1029, 3.39M)

fucking idiot just use mpv+youtube dl never had a single ad

Is there any Android app to download VODs?

My previous pic in is youtube-dl + mpv and my new one is streamlink + mpv. I only get ads when the streamer manually runs them and he's afk right now. Try leaving the stream open for a while and see if you get any whenever he decides to run some.

Attached: 2019-03-20_00-39-57.png (1045x618, 396K)

so what are you watching user? it's GTA role play KINO for me.

Attached: 4.png (128x128, 25K)

I watch twitch with streamlink all the time, 0 ads. You must be wrong somehow

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (453x576, 39K)

Changed recently I think. Not many of the guys I watch play ads during their stream but one did and I got some amazon prime shit and something for audible just like a regular part of the broadcast. I don't get the intro ads like you do on the site thankfully.
I use mpv+streamlink.

>use mpv with youtube-dl installed from pip
>never get ads even when streamer runs them
>just werks
>except the native video player in firefox is just a black screen but that's beside the point
Maybe try updating youtube-dl.

The guy is right. They are using the same CDN as the stream for the ads.
Been having the Prime ads a lot lately with adblocker on, never had ads before.

this is very recent

use livestreamer and twitch

s/twitch/irc/

I have literally never seen a twitch ad and I use their botnet desktop application. Just dns adblock lol, the stream embedded thing is bullshit.

>Destiny the """"""""""intellectual"""""""""" that unironically planned to shoot and kill a teenager live on stream

Attached: 1548713617635.png (645x729, 91K)

Referring to this shit I take it?

Attached: surestream.png (1027x914, 112K)

The ads are embedded in the video now, so this won't work.
Using Alternate Player for Twitch add-on, this is what I get at the start of every stream.

Attached: screenshot.1553053730.jpg (942x437, 132K)

Do they actually cut out part of the stream and replace it with the ad?

Like if I'm recording a stream will I just miss 30s of recording for an ad break or will it pick up as normal after the ad is over? I don't like it either way but the former is completely unacceptable.

good question, i want to know about recordings too

Attached: 1546827476427.jpg (610x660, 76K)

I can't test that right now because I haven't got an ads in the middle of a stream, only when I started opening a stream.
I'm from SEA btw, I think that's why I don't get the Prime ads like the other guy.

is there any mobile application that will least block the stream opening ads?
those are fucking retarded, I can maybe live with the streamer enabled ads if I have to since I at least know I'm not missing anything

Your welcome

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-02-01-15.png (1440x2880, 448K)

And that's a good thing!

uh

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-031044_Google Play Store.jpg (1080x2220, 97K)

Stop being retarded

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-02-15-43.png (1440x2880, 287K)

Kitboga, scambait calls and recently has been doing GTA RP too as a granny.

>Alternate Player for Twitch
>made by a blyat
>collects your data
Hmmmm

>mpv twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow
>ad

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

I personally find the rp fucking boring. Glad the dota major is going on so I actually have content to watch. At least Sekiro comes out soon which should have good rage potential from the swedish hobo

I use adaway and don't get ads, I do sometimes have to reload the stream though when they have "ad breaks"

idk boyos when I vpn from some shithole like serbia I get 0 ads

for mobile I use pocket plays for desktop/laptop I use twitchy+streamlink+mpv

>twitch

Attached: soyboy12.jpg (800x600, 77K)

Use an older version from 2016 or older

I'm already using an older version (4.22.8)
now I can't skip ads with it anymore

literally anything in silicon valley looks like that.

unstream for win10, best one i tried, watching dota right now in max quality

Attached: we.jpg (904x322, 82K)

oh, yeah it is free and ad free, you can login and chat

seems to work for me, still get ads but they go away after 1 or 2 refreshes

help. Now I don't mind an ad here or there, nor do I mind the "ad targeting" to give me a relevant ad to my buying sensitivities, but
I keep getting ONLY a chicken meat ad and I am vegan. Why are they doing this to me? WHY

Leanboys robbing banks

>"wahhhh twitch should provide me with content at their expense!"
kill yourself OP

what?

leanbois and CSGO majors. I like variety streamers but I don't like to watching them play games I've seen a bunch of, and some games like PoE are just painful to watch. usually at this time I would be watching dropped frames but no show this week ;_;

They make money off of subs and bits.

>watching twitch

Newfags

they are embedding ads into the beginning of every stream. they are short and only play when you open the stream but they are consistently there and it means you miss 10-30 sec of the stream. I have tested this without youtube-dl + mpv. if you watch an ad then reload the stream or load it while the ad is playing, another always plays. sometimes you get black screen in transitions. it's clear from how they load that it's part of the video stream. I hate it but I guess this is the future, at least they are short.

two things I am wondering though: what happen if you open the stream remotely while you have twitch turbo (the only way to block ads site wide)? I know that for sub-clocked vods it doesn't work, since it doesn't send you streams unique to your IP when you're not logged into the website, every external stream is streated as an embedded one with no logged in user. but with this new system the ad-embedded stream could be unique to your area and thus they could possibly deliver sub/turbo streams without ads to external players (why would they though?). The other thing is the only workaround I know if you really just don't want to see ads: use software that loads that stream but mutes and black screens it for the duration of the ad, or simply doesn't play the stream until the ad is done. you could also buffer the stream during that time. shitty solution but the only one I can think of. it will be truly terrible when these ads are lengthy and forced in the middle of a broadcast.

Attached: 1482175164780.png (1005x742, 341K)

>give money to twitch via prime
>you get a free sub and no ads, you get the same as a turbo user
>OH YOU LIKED THOSE TURBO FEATURES? WELL THE PRICE IS GOING UP AND YOU BETTER PAY UP GOYIM BECAUSE WE JUST TOOK AWAY YOUR PRIME BENEFITS SO NOW YOU HAVE NO CHOICE HEHEHE *rubs hands*

>that rating

Not today, Satan.

>Use the Alternate Player for Twitch add-on on Firefox
Never tried it before, this shit is dope. Thanks for that user!

Attached: 1fff111.jpg (1080x1080, 297K)

Forsen boys everywhere....

Th-they have ASMR channels too you nerd.

Based Bezos drone, Amazon needs that extra revenue so they can buy the moon

did you try it? does it work?

You know... you can just use mpv+ytdl
what kind of question is this?

>does it work?
It still shows ads, but overall the extension is pretty good. Plenty of buffering options and uses A LOT less ram than the default player.

>It still shows ads
so it doesn't work

I'm using blokada and getting no ads

If you actually read the thread you'd realize twitch can now inject ads directly into the stream, like encode them into the video in real time. yt-dl and streamlink cannot bypass this.

If you are not experiencing this then it's likely you don't live in a country where Twitch has enabled SureStream yet. Rest assured it's probably coming your way eventually though.

>so it doesn't work
Nothing works for no ads right now. uBO is trying a workaround, try the dev version of it.

Nothing is working :/

I have the dev version of uBO, still getting ads on twitch and on twitchls, I've tried mpv with ytdl and I'm still getting ads, even the Impulse android app is giving me ads.

Just have to wait for a fix I guess.

Attached: file.png (1442x986, 223K)

stop using twitch? use your free time for something more useful?

I mean you're right, but it's nice to watch when I'm eating some yogurt or checking in on the Dota Major.

Understandable, have a nice day.

Hey OP, I use Linux

>all these people watching twitch

Attached: cmon.jpg (640x610, 44K)

Yes of course nothing is working. The ad is literally encoded into the video live as it is being served to you. It overwrites the regular video stream for the duration of the ad.

You can't block this with any ad blocker even at the DNS level. You can't bypass this with streamlink or Youtube-dl because the stream that yt-dl is grabbing already has the ad encoded into it. The only way to bypass this afaik is to pay for Twitch Prime or to sub to the channel(s) you watch.