No, I didn't got to school. I learned how to fly a 747 through books and khan academy

>no, I didn't got to school. I learned how to fly a 747 through books and khan academy.

Attached: lr05.jpg (1280x808, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_53xWxj136E
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279083/Fake-Swedish-pilot-Thomas-Salme-flies-Air-One-jets-13-years.html
precisionmanuals.com/
aerosoft.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like through watching shitty instructional videos on an iPad for an hour

If airplanes were cheap and safe as PCs, you bet people would self-learn piloting

Attached: 1551526505021.jpg (854x481, 83K)

Audible kek'd OP

You're right. It's a good thing planes don't have any computers.

Bad analogy. Most jobs aren't as complicated and risky as flying planes.

Meant to quote this

fpbp

OP save some cocks for the rest of us

>inb4 someone brings up that one example of a rocket exploding that gets dredged up every time this comes up in conversation

That guy who stole that plane in Washington learned from game simulators though. Maybe never possible with larger planes, and super risky, but possible for smaller planes as a matter of principle.

There are actually people who have learned to fly by using flight simulators. They even train using them, too.
X-plane is so realistic these days.

No doubt the main difference is "experience" on the job, just like with real programming, the real job is working with other people and not blowing shit up.

Of course flying a plane is on a different level to some self taught code monkey.

I would imagine it depends on how realistic your setup is (all the different controls and screens, etc.) but yeah flight sims are pretty realistic.

I have underwent flight training after a few years of flight sims and arcade games just for fun. Flying small plains after even just a bit of "experience" at sims is easily possible. But landing a big passenger machine is another thing.

thats usually how it is with pilots and pilot schools, you may or may not have lectures but its pretty much all self study from books, then you do exams, actual flying is taught by instructor

You meant to quote a post that happened after yours? What?

How is 70225119 greater than 70225122?

wouldn't landing a big passenger machine be easier since it has more mass and is therefore less affected by smaller gusts? Smaller planes already get rocked hard by lighter winds at the same altitudes so shouldn't landing a large jet be easier assuming sufficient tarmac?

Not according to my instructors.
Personally even with some medium winds I found landing small planes pretty easy not gonna lie.

based dementia poster

>no i didnt go to flight school. i got a bachelors degree in aviation

Attached: ED6A9949-1078-41CA-8C74-4027A12AAC69.gif (1000x1000, 379K)

I can definitely see there being more switches and shit to flip, and maybe more trouble landing with the higher pilot position, but ffs stick a gopro or some shit on the bottom

>but ffs stick a gopro or some shit on the bottom
topkek
Honestly I think a "third person" drone would actually make it easier. But I am just a hobby pilot not commercial so take that with a big pile of salt.

>risky as flying planes
umm but flying an airplane is safer than driving a car so literally any job involving driving is more risky

Also you got a lot of helper systems that help you land bigger planes.
Landing a commercial passenger plane without ILS or similar helps is a real challenge according to my instructors and I can see that. Purely sight based landing a massive plane while you have a pretty narrow fov from an elevated position can't be easy.

>sitting in a plane = flying a plane

Based and redpilled

Plausible.
Did we already forget the dude who only played Microsoft flight simulator but the first time he stole a plane, he was easily able to fly it for hours?

I mean how hard can it really be?
youtu.be/_53xWxj136E

See
Without helper systems very hard. With contact to someone to instruct you and ILS etc probably anyone could pull it off reasonably well.

In order to legally be allowed to pilot a plane transporting people, you need to already have 1500 hours of flight experience.

>tfw people think operating machines designed by and for humans is hard because there's some training and certification involved
It's not like there's a fuckin' self destruct button sitting unlabled on the dashboard, they are literally made to be as uncomplicated to fly as possible. Even the glass cockpits with a billion multifunctional displays are really not that complex considering the size of the vehicle and systems involved.

Attached: 1458921003353.jpg (409x377, 33K)

The tech in behind the plane is extremely complex. Understanding what which button does is not.

Actually I studied in my own home using flight simulators. :^)

Attached: ultimate_fs_01-625x352.jpg (625x352, 60K)

>It's not like there's a fuckin' self destruct button sitting unlabled on the dashboard
t. never flown a 747 directly into a tower

on a flight simulator

Yes, it's like the engineer's price scale where pushing buttons is free, knowing what buttons to push costs.
But ultimately, it's a machine designed for a human to fly so it will have some common-sense controls. Pulling the yoke left banks left, pretty easy to figure out. I guess if you've never even flown a plane in a video game before, getting up and down on the controls straight might be a bit hairy and someone with zero experience might not know what the rudder pedals do, but it isn't beyond understanding, even if you aren't a real pilot.
The pilot's skill comes from knowing what to do in emergencies, which requires intimate knowledge of the aircraft and its systems. That's what the certs and training are for.

WOOP WOOP
PULL UP
WOOP WOOP
PULL UP
WOOP WOOP
PULL UP

On top of:
Two 300nm+ cross country flights with two full stops at different airports.
300+ hours of real flight experience in a real air plane. 100 of those as PIC.
And so on and so forth.

This pretty much. My little sister has no experience besides flying planes in GTA 5. She did more than good enough in the flight sim.
And you are completely right, what is really important is knowing how to react in emergency situations.

pretty sure _that_ self destruct button was on somebody's desk that day.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? I NEVER WENT TO SCHOOL FOR THIS

flying is pretty fuckin easy honestly.
Your company will get you type rated on anything specific that they use so you don't need to worry about controls of big planes for the most part
The actual act of flying is super simple too, especially with something like a 747, most of it is automated
The real difficulties are understanding airspace and ATC commands.
T. pilot
T. just trust me dude

Attached: the phone call.png (980x552, 919K)

timetraveller confirmed

More than half of the pilot ride is automated by autopilot computers now. Only things they have to manage is taking off, landing, speaking to the cabin, and emergency situations.

>Kim Jong Bogdanoff
Based and kekpilled

Fun fact that's essentially the difference between a part 61 and part 141 school. 141s offer more in depth schooling and the FAA allows you to cut hours off your required flight time for certain certifications. Private pilot goes down to like 30 hrs where it's normally like 35, commercial goes down to like 180 or some shit from 250.

Attached: 1544207893306.png (1189x1422, 59K)

He cute

actual planes are fully-autonomous systems that make human obsolete in every scenario

I'm honestly considering becoming a pilot. I flew my friend's plane for a bit and it seems way more fun than programming.

>in every scenario
>Electronics fail
>Engine fail
And so on and so forth. Pilots will not be replaced for a long time.

I hot glued my flight simulator along with a NIST Random number generator to a mechanical bull to stimulate a Boeing 737 Max 8/9. The doctors told me I'd be out of the hospital in about a week. bad-um-cheee

Attached: 92c6feea-9cd5-40f7-9892-b601dadc9337..png (1280x872, 284K)

Hell yeah it is, but it's expensive to become one, and the job can be a bitch. I'm looking to go netjet shared corporate but it means that you'll be gone 8 days a week, back 8 days, leave 8 days etc etc
If you don't see yourself having a family being a pilot makes good money. If you think you have something up your sleeve to make some money in the future (big company or some shit) I'd say just get your private.

I have a business going now and I'm gonna see that through. All that should all be done within a year or two, so I'll be able to afford pilot school without much issue. No plans to start a family, relationships exhaust me. 8 off/8 on sounds good to me.

>pilot's heart fails
now what sweaty

copilot

What is a copilot? also
>sweaty
You need to fuck off right back to

we’re reaching reddit levels that shouldn’t even be possible

I know right? (You) need to go back right now.

>NIST """""""""Random""""""""" number generator

It is the same with IT jobs.
You can learn shit by yourself (9000 hours in FSX), but nobody will hire you without loicense.

*plunges plane into ground due to (((sensors))) malfunction*
Nothing personal kiddo.

Pilot shitposting will become pilot flying, not big deal.

Not exactly. In the aviation industry you can learn to fly however you want but if you want to do it as a job you need a commercial license.
Most IT jobs you can get entirely without any certificates if you actually know what you are doing.

>without any certificates if you actually know what you are doing.
It used to be so.
Nowadays shit is difficult, since everyone fell for CS meme, and everyone has a certificate of sort.

I'm gonna assume that's in the US? I only work in Europe and sometimes Asia if the company sends me there, and I constantly meet people that have no certs but are more than good enough for the job and not just code monkeys. But that is anecdotal evidence so take that with a grain of salt.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279083/Fake-Swedish-pilot-Thomas-Salme-flies-Air-One-jets-13-years.html

What about it?

If you were a pilot and your plane was taken by terrorists (no co-pilot), what would you do? Follow their instructions, dare them to kill you, or plunge the plane headfirst into the ground before they can react?

Strap on and make the barrel roll, because it would be the last (probably) chance to do so in airliner.
Since musli... terrorists aren't buckled, barrel roll will disarm them temporarily.

>I'm gonna assume that's in the US?
Worldwide.

I'd try to drive a bus without license first.

>I didn't go to school, I only learned how to fly a 767 while living in an Afghani cave system, yet I managed to perform a perfect 270° corkscrew maneuver, descending 8000 ft straight into the Pentagon's accounting office where a missing 2 trillion dollars were under investigation since the previous day
>even the US government avidly recognized my skill, as I spent over an hour completely avoiding their radar systems
Obviously you can be a great self-taught pilot, OP

Landing is hard part tho.
Keeping glide slope aint easy.

getting it off the ground and fucking around in the air is easy enough

getting back down again cleanly & safely is not

>was perfectly level with the ground before impact and moving horizontally as recorded in official evidence
That was pretty much a landing, except there just happened to be a CIA cover-up standing in the way. Don't forget that the maneuver hit such a small target from such an angle, which makes that so much harder than just landing. This guy should've become some aviation hero in history textbooks.

Maybe.

Attached: 2048.jpg (300x201, 14K)

I've used PMDG's 737NGX and Aerosoft's A320 in FSX. Though FSX is old stuff now, its all about P3D and XPlane. I also use Flightgear too, the IDG-A32X is impressive for a community effort.

precisionmanuals.com/
aerosoft.com

Attached: Flightgear-IDG-A320.jpg (1909x1024, 392K)

ITT everyone is a 1500+ hr pilot

Both are easy in normal circumstances. I'm rated on a320. Ask me anything, faggots

In FSX
How it feels to be an airbus driver? Should I fall for aviation meme?
Can you explain how side stick works?

Also, show loicense, or chevrons, idk, with Jow Forums sup.

>who is skyking

Attached: proxy.duckduc4123123123kgo.com.jpg (300x269, 14K)

First sim experience was with the Boeing 737 and then I tried the A320 later on. While I was on short final, I disengaged the auto throttle, I hear the engines spool down and wonder whats going on, not sure if I stalled and crashed that time, probably did do. I eventually realized the difference between Boeing and Airbus in how their auto throttle works.

Flying a plane is easy. The licensing requirements are a joke that either need to be relaxed to the point they de facto disappear or made 100x more stringent. What we have now is nonsense.
The sort of simulator drilling people mover pilots do is legit, but that's completely detached from legal requirements and just something the airlines do because they want to make money by having people not die.

The 737 has a well deserved reputation for being a hard lander.
inb4 pedant tries to tell me the actual definition of a hard landing that I already know

>The 737 has a well deserved reputation for being a hard lander.
Thank R*anair for this.
Hard (or firm) landings is the reason why I want to become an airplane driver. Imagine screaming

Pays my bills. Don't know, if you want it you could consider it, but it'll be pricey. Hmm about side stick: it's like a laggy game controller, you make small adjustments (usually) and see how those actually turn out on pfd, primary flight display. And one could say that you only wish the a/c to follow your stick inputs, it wont if it knows better.

I promise you I wont. I've been here almost fifteen years and seen countless lives ruined

Yup. Can't tell from the thrust levers much usually

>Don't know, if you want it you could consider it, but it'll be pricey
I know. CPL part to be more precise. Getting PPL doesn't seem to be that expensive.
>I promise you I wont. I've been here almost fifteen years and seen countless lives ruined
Chevrons won't deanon you I guess...

I self-studied with books and online videos and now I have my PPL and fly a 172 quite often.

Argument disregarded.

What causes stall?
Memory items?

How to pass aeronautical medical?

Excuse me, but I have over 1000 combat hours and 100 confirmed air-to-air kills on Snoopy and the Red Baron for the Atari 2600.

Pretty sure flight simulator experience doesn't count. You need to be up in the air.

IT or airbus driving?

airbus IT

Or writing software for airplane flight systems?

Attached: download (8).jpg (225x225, 18K)

>everyone on the plane has a heart attack
who's gonna fly the plane now?

Someone, who was sleeping all this time... Oh. He can't get into the cockpit.

CFIT