When did you realise that Jow Forums is nothing more than a board for LARPers who haven't made a single successful...

When did you realise that Jow Forums is nothing more than a board for LARPers who haven't made a single successful program and spend most of their time on the arch wiki wearing programming socks?

Attached: Screenshot_201901231606342.png (548x599, 368K)

>making something new instead of using or contributing to a more mature solution is somehow desirable
PLEASE SIR DO THE NEEDFUL AND WRITE 200 LINE EACH DAY

>Working for free
Absolutely pathetic, amateur game general has 10x the talent this board will ever have

Attached: 1543173376855.png (482x454, 32K)

Besides the 5 to 10 feral kids and ghetto skids that make 95% of the posts here, sometimes an interesting person shows up ;)

its a board for TECHNOLOGY not just your stupid computer boxes

Hi, skid. Have you met your posts quota for this time period yet?

>Besides the 5 to 10 feral kids and ghetto skids that make 95% of the posts here, sometimes an interesting person shows up ;)

Someone has to call out the faggyness on this board user

I don't use any scripts at all. every post is handcrafted with love

I realized it when every bandwagoning trendy retard started parroting the same non-arguments against OOP and C++ while extolling the virtues of C.

It's literally pseuds who like to LARP as Linux systems programmers

Been taking some javascript online courses. Goal is to upgrade to python and afterwards sip with the boomers in C. Until then i'm proud brainlet.

Attached: me.jpg (387x437, 40K)

Proud of you user, already 90% ahead of the rest of Jow Forums

>It's literally pseuds who like to LARP as Linux systems programmers

Summed it up perfectly

Attached: heheh.jpg (1500x1125, 140K)

Jow Forums is what we make it. I bring the best that I can and hope that others do the same.

I also use zoo-buntu cause Xfces doesnt distract me a lot and I dont have time to rice anime wallpapers so I dont really bother with any other DE then xfces and fluxbox. Memebuntu is linux onions according to Jow Forums but is good for just getting shit done as a scrub.

Attached: also me.jpg (644x800, 71K)

Where do they show up?

When I got a job and started working in development.

I used to be the stereotypical Jow Forumsentooman or whatever we call ourselves. I slowly came to realize that Jow Forums was full of consumers, gaymer kiddos, brainlets, and ricefags that don't actually do anything but circlejerk about thier configurations and purchases. Jow Forums is usually wrong on most things or just poorly informed, and taking advice from the Jow Forums consensus is usually a mistake.

>Programmer in 1992: hand type code and read Effective C++ by Scott Meyers and related like they are bibles, talk to other nerds about solutions, make more notation in code than actual code
>Programmer in 2019: google/wiki searches other people's code, copies, and pastes; no notation

>When did you realise that Jow Forums is nothing more than a board for LARPers
I "realized" this on my first day here.

It took me a couple of years to find and meet many Jow Forumsentoomen on irc and realize that there actually are a decent number of very smart, talented, and successful people on this board. Due to the informal nature though, not every post is going to be informative or serious. Don't mistake shitposting for incompetence.

If you need more than your first thread to figure out that this board is full of glow in the dark consumers that don't know jack shit about anything tech related you should see into getting disability bonuses.

I think Jow Forums is a tech hipster and general consumerist bugman board. Some of us actually have careers in tech, but we're being drowned out by the masses of idiots.

>protip: there are very few places on the Internet that aren't like this
Just learn to take the good with the bad, mate.

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>muh glowies everywhere
And I guess you're one of the retards who will call anyone a Fed if they disagree with you or point out the flaws in your logic.

Many such discussions. SAD!

What place really is there? I know of one forum still moderately alive and one chan that is moderately alive and not infested with consumers.
And depending on your field there is nothing to actually discuss with people that know what they are talking about instead of posting the 21381203912th X is finished and bankrupt thread.

Cool story kiddo. Maybe learn what a joke is first before breaking out the politics again and showing everyone that you are an absolute retard.

>Maybe learn what a joke is first
>hahahaha I was just pretending to be retarded

Again cool story kiddo. Hope you enjoy being a consumer that has nothing to add to anything except pointless politics no one gives a shit about.

I disagree in part. You're right about a lot of it but a lot of them are also very impressionable, looking for direction, and open to discussion in a way you simply don't get on other places like hacker news.

>Again cool story kiddo
You sound like a rad guy repeating that stale meme over and over.

You're so cool!

Attached: rad.jpg (750x600, 57K)

Want me to call you other names till you fuck off then?
I'll just give you a list and you can choose freely:
>Glow in the dark consumer
>Retarded consumer
>Retard
>Recently declared clinically brain dead retard
that feels the need to bring up politics all day every day
>Idiot that doesn't understand what a joke is

>he still keeps going
My condolences to your parents.

Attached: logo.png (584x251, 21K)

An interesting person detection system would probably be a useful technology; likewise, would be a retard detection system. ;)

I'm at work and got nothing to do right now. I can do this for another few hours if I am so inclined, loosing nothing while gaining entertainment. My condolences to my parents for raising a child that didn't end up as a neet shitposting on a Mongolian cave drawing and amateur karaoke discussion forum all day.

Attached: 1527627901780.png (560x334, 283K)

>implying I go to the arch wiki when I could just keep ls'ing my terminal

That's fair. It just seems like there's far more opinion than discussion now.

>loosing nothing
losing nothing

Lmao does he have microcephally?

When I got hired as a system engineer. Among the neets, larpers and skids there's a few good posters and sometimes nice discussions arose though.

Yeah I constantly make that mistake. Thanks for catching it. It's honestly a mistake out of habit by now.

Nigger

Whatever distro helps u get ur work done is the best distro. Tho systemd is gay

Wouldn't that be something. ;)

Attached: La_Femme_Nikita.jpg (1200x680, 147K)

Who would build such a thing?

Attached: Immanentize_the_eschaton.jpg (500x415, 33K)

awwww