I'm thinking about downloading Linux Ubuntu

Will I end up growing a neck beard and turn into a hipster faggot incel? Or is that just a stereotype.

Attached: rally-vincent-159.jpg (382x587, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0
github.com/helmuthdu/aui
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install gentoo

Attached: Ashley 688.jpg (480x800, 108K)

>gentoo
I'm a brainlet so I'm not gonna fuck with advance OS's like that. Plus I'm only using it for a spare computer.

Their code of conduct was changed to welcome gayposting trannies in the linux community. It's not as exclusive and neckbeard-y as you think anymore.

no, you'll become a girl (male) and wear programming socks

ubuntu is the windows of operating systems, you'll be fine.

ubuntu is literal proprietary shitware backed by amazon and it ruins every principle of lignux.
install slackware or devuan as a first distro.

faggot

Ubuntu is simpler to install than Windows. You shouldn't worry, even about 50% of steam games work on it. My grandma uses it and finds it easier than Windows, and if you really want to get technical, the Linux backend is there for you to mess with. All the normies at my company use it, highly recommended for anyone interested.

>Their code of conduct was changed to welcome gayposting trannies in the linux community.
Technically I don't care but they're just tools for SWJ's who are just tools for google which will inevitable take the Linux project over. I need a new OS for my shitty Mac OS X Lion that I got for free.

I use to go to the gym regularly and plan on getting back on track once this shitty winter ends so I think I'm to masculine to pass off as a programming trap.

>ubuntu is literal proprietary shitware backed by amazon
I know but I'm already posting from a wincucks 8 computer so it doesn't make much of a difference for me. Maybe if I learn the distros well enough I'll use a real secure OS.

K thx, it looks pretty simple from the tutorials.

Attached: GunsmithCats13.jpg (640x480, 180K)

install linux mint instead of vanilla ubuntu

Mint is just bloated, themed ubuntu that's a few months behind on updates. Don't do that.

yes exactly

Also isn't it only a problem if I use the Amazon app?

Attached: Rally 43.jpg (402x167, 30K)

You can use whatever you want, although hardcore users will shame you for it. Either way, using amazon.com is probably a better choice than using the app.

I didn't even know there was an amazon app, what's wrong with it?
datamining?

Pretty much, many unix people are against the fact that amazon harvests data on an app recommended by default on Ubuntu. No matter your opinion on it, it's better to just use the website.

interesting that ubuntu would recommend it in that case
how the mighty have fallen

it runs a daemon on startup and you can't kill it. plus the systemd nightmare is built in.

>how the mighty have fallen
Indeed, if your not a brainlet like me you should avoid Amazon_OS.

>and you can't kill it
Why can't I and why would I want too?

Attached: Minnie how bad things really are.png (850x580, 657K)

it's the equivalent of cortana in windows 10

Fucking great tool, but if you're not a hobbyist, I don't really recommend it.
youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0
I prefer Windows for everyday stuff. I just use Linux for learning, and fucking around. It's like having a car you can always tinker with for fun.

Use Xubuntu instead, it's Ubuntu with XFCE instead of GNOME as a window manager, basically it's less bloated and runs better and is just as easy to use. Or Debian but that might be a little harder because most beginner tutorials online expect you to have an Ubuntu-based distro.

Attached: 1543276081651.gif (500x283, 394K)

also it doesn't have the Amazon thing

Sounds pretty fucked senpai.

>Xubuntu
Less bloatware is nice, I'll look into that especially since their candid ai won't censor me or was it Uber that owns that shit?

>but if you're not a hobbyist
I'm literally installing it on a shitty mac desktop that I got from my faggot friend because his school was throwing that shit out (cool dude) for free.
>btw no the school was poor and filled with criminals yet they had a bunch of mac shit
>this is why I have little faith in our '''education'' system ever being fixed as soon the only form of employment the average person will be able to do is walking out of school is merc work, cam whoring, or being a criminal after that the chinks take over and line all the Silicon Valley faggots up to a wall
>we're so fucked.....

Attached: Rally 8.jpg (184x211, 23K)

>Ubuntu
faggot

Attached: IMG_20180917_201142.jpg (3264x1836, 1.42M)

hey will linux help me protect my privacy?

says the archfag lol

stop worrying about society and just program.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I don't have a high enough IQ to handle Arch.

Depends from what I've read form Jow Forums, some distros are apparently worse than win8 which only takes a 2.5 megabyte flash drive to '''hack''' into.

Will do my senpai.

TLDR, gonna read it after this post.

Attached: Minnie chop sticks.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Finished, neat read.

Also why is your room so messy?

>to handle Arch.
>brainlet

What hard in Arch?
also for you
github.com/helmuthdu/aui

And ubuntu is shit
t.

Attached: Снимок экрана от 2018-11-30 16-04-43.png (1366x768, 179K)

or you could just debloat windows

peropero

No, you'll be more of a faggot and less of a normie.

nice virtual machine faggot