New google gaming service will run on Linux with AMD gpus and vulkan API

New google gaming service will run on Linux with AMD gpus and vulkan API

>Where were you when Linux gaming was saved

Attached: Reaction faces - 1197.png (426x364, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stadia.dev/about/#software-stack__details
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Hiring-10-More-Open-Source
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Taking a shit a work

But wait, what about AC Odyssey and shiet? Did Google convince devs to port them on Linux?
Are they going to be locally available, though? "Streaming" versions running on Linux servers don't do much.

>playing video games

Attached: npulb1hiyat01.png (989x741, 352K)

Can't wait for the google botnet to take over GNU/Linux.
Dude I love gayming.

>LETS GO SQUAD

If a game is on stadia, its running on linux with vulkan API. At least for the time being, that probably means they will be more likely to sell games on steam with linux support. If not, theyre running on vulkan and proton will convert it easily

>streaming games.
I can't wait for this to fail miserably.

It failed years ago because of connectivity issues, but now more people are likely to have a 20+ Mbps connection at home and with 4g/5g the issue doesn't exist, and with the "games as a service bullshit this will only get bigger.
You're looking at the future of gaming my guy

I think they are convincing devs to port their games to their Stadia platform. Which is probably a derivative of Linux and they've put in a load of work to make it easier for devs to port. I doubt they would run locally. However if a dev has already ported to Stadia it is presumably easy to modify that version to run on desktop linux so they might as well sell that too?

>gaming service
I didn't know Google care about subhumans data

They specifically said that Stadia is linux, and Stadia games are on Vulkan

It runs a version of Debian according to stadia.dev/about/#software-stack__details

to be more specific, it's debian

Attached: firefox_qxDMgdjSUN.png (559x373, 26K)

if its just debian, theres no doubt that linux on steam would be nothing. The only question then is whether theyd be willing to if they cant use stuff like Denuvo

>the issue doesn't exist
If you want to play the games they tried with years ago.

>google as the bastion of linux
I love how Jow Forums is so desperate to make linux relevant in the mainstream they went to google. On yea microsoft is evil but google is a ok..

The universal operating system

so I assume Google will be developing an anti-cheat for their servers, so multiplayer on linux with big titles is probably a nogo unless they decide to use Steam's anti cheat on local releases

>youtube tier streaming artifacts while playing games

No thx

you don't need anti cheats if the game is running on your server, if you are referring to macro use statistical analysis is more than enough to caught it.

Playing Shadowverse on my android tablet.

How many data centers and server farms have we made so far? All this streaming and data collecting sounds humbling and not like something that could go wrong at all.

Attached: 1950.jpg (994x498, 115K)

>not enjoying the classics like Diablo

Valve did it already.

sorry but im pretty sure that google doesnt have 244hz
yeah kys retard

Net neutrality was repealed this will blow a data cap real fast. Not to mention shitty infrastructure and monopoly isps. We still don't have the power for this.

>classical
>diablo
pick only one

>gaming service
Jesus fuck this will tank so hard.

It doesn't really matter when the games are literally designed to force you to be always online. (((DRM))) is cancer and celebrating getting DRM filled games on Linux is retarded.

You can't use 99% of cheats on this because it's (((cloud))) gaming. The only thing you can do locally is have a bunch of scripts running to try to auto-aim (will require a shit ton of resources) or run through hotkeys rapidly (easy to detect since a human being can only do a limited number of key presses per second). So there's no need for a malicious anti-cheat at all.

It is a classic though

>TFW diablo was 30 years ago

>30 years ago
>classic
uhhh... sweaty...

Google + Linux is already a thing. Look at Chromebooks.

not quite there yet, sonny

Playing a vidya on Linux

>le this will benefit Linux gaming meme
It will probably just end up being DOOM all over again for every game.

Except Doom Eternal is running on Linux right this second. This isnt about vulkan API, its about the fact that if games run on Stadia they are Linux games already

Not getting the joke. Oh well its still a good game to try out though. It doesn't matter that you've grown somewhat older, you can still have some fun.

It means the game is not 30 years yet

>google
Dead on arrival, if it actually arrives. Just like every other project they started.

Bandwidth means fucking nothing. Game streaming means replacing cables with nanoseconds of delay with bi-directional networking over the god damn internet introducing,at best, double digits of milliseconds of delay.

At home watching animu.
I came to think about this: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Hiring-10-More-Open-Source

Attached: Dz5_A42VAAEJkBN.jpg:orig.jpg (800x565, 97K)

>streaming online
>forces you to be always online
i really don't see how you can be such a shit lord. it's streaming of course you need to be online